TE DAVIS (30)
G SNYDER (32)
DT SMITH (34)
LB BROOKS (30)
LB COSTANZO (30)
S VENTRONE (31)
PK DAWSON (39)
P LEE (31)

*Not to mention the seven players who are 29yr old.
(HAWKS)

DT MCDANIEL (29)
DT MEBANE (29)

(49ERS)

DT STALEY (29)
DT MCDONALD (29)
LB WILLIS (29)
S BETHEA (29)
S DAHL (29)

Bottom line: It seems like the 9ers are getting older while the Hawks are getting younger.

I LOVE how a post like this comes to "full circle!" Once again, I will submit that the 49ers are OLDER...period!! You can color it "purple" all you want but it's sitll "pink!" The "younger/stronger/faster" Motto is actually REAL! BTW MARVIN49 "Delusion" is a real word.

Giedi

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":si883or1 said:
One thing I've noticed since winning the Super Bowl is fewer 49ers fans saying things like "Well you guys needed your mid/late-round draft picks to start, it's harder to crack the starting spots on the superior 49ers roster."
That's to be expected. Neither boards have lambs or tardinal trolls. Winning and beating those teams have a way of making trolls disappear. :mrgreen:

Marvin49

Reaction score
RichNhansom":27522b0c said:
rideaducati":27522b0c said:
Marvin49":27522b0c said:
RB GORE (31) - Have Hyde, Lattimore, Hunter, and James waiting in the wings
WR BOLDIN (33) - Patton and Ellington being groomed for that spot. Also traded for Stevie Johnson
WR LLOYD (32) - Initially didn't think he'd have much of a shot at making the team, but has looked good.
WR OSGOOD (34) - Special Teams player. He or Lloyd make it...not both.
TE DAVIS (30) - This is one spot where they need to groom someone. Can McDonald be that guy?
G SNYDER (32) - Probably won't make the team with influx of draftees and Jonathan Martin
DT SMITH (34) - Drafted Tank Carradine to take that spot and a few other later rounders with upside (Dial, Ramsey, Lynch). We'll see.
LB BROOKS (30) - Corey Lemonier being groomed behind him. Again, we'll see.
LB COSTANZO (30) - Just resigned...Special teamer.
S VENTRONE (31) - Special Teamer.
PK DAWSON (39) - Not sure how many more years he has
P LEE (31) - 31 isn't really old for a punter.

Bottom line...certainly some age there and some concern, but 49ers are certainly aware of it and have been addressing those positions for 2 years now. We'll see how good those players end up being.

Two years eh? It only took a decade of top 11 picks to get where they are now...

That's really the thing I see and don't understand how no 49ers fans seem to understand. The previous regime with the benefits of picking in the beginning of the first round for years brought in some unbelievable talent. Then add in some very smart GMing by McCloughan and Harbaugh walked into a team with Aldon Smith, Michael Crabtree, Patrick Willis, Justin Smith, Anthony Davis, Mike Iupati, Ahmad Brooks, Vernon Davis, Frank Gore and Navaro Bowman. Imagine what Pete Carroll could have done with that group.

They also had guys like Goldson, Whitner and Delanie Walker who are now gone. Those guys weren't super stars but they are proving hard to replace. Reid has been technically as good as Goldson but has already had two concussions and is obviously not built for the smash mouth style of play Goldson brought and Vance McDonald has been a huge step back from Walker. They are hoping to replace Whitner but it is very likely their next strong safety will be another downgrade.

Justin Smith is probably their most important defensive player as we seen in 2012 when he was injured in the NE game and the entire defense went to crap and he turned 35 in April. Gore has been the heart and sole of that offense and turns 31 before the first preseason game. Boldin is 34 and very important to that offense and Goodwin their center is being replaced by Kilgore (IIRC), their secondary is being held together with bubble gum and happy thoughts, on and on.

I know they have their rose colored glasses on but that is a ton of talent to replace and those replacements will be the future of the Niners organization. They pretty much need to hit on every pick as if they were still picking 7th overall but the problem is they are not and age is creeping up on them at a fairly rapid rate.

If you listen to a Niner fan he will point out that the age difference is only about 2.5 years on average but he is ignoring the talent that is carrying that team is what is dragging that age barrier down and the guys who are helping it have yet to replace any of the starters at a similar level.

Since they have been picking late in the draft they have found one starter in Reid and they had to package multiple picks to move up in the draft to get him and he is still not yet an upgrade over Goldson and will never have the physical presence Goldson did. Sure they have guys waiting in the wings just like every team in the NFL but if you believe any Niner fan theirs are by far the best and it's not even debatable.

I don't think its that Niner fans don't understand this. We had to watch that roster get coached by inferior coaches and go nowhere.

What I think Seattle fans don't understand is that Niner fans are aware of the age and we have seen the team take chances on very talented players who they redshirt as rookies in order to get them later in the draft....IE trying to take top level talent later in the draft in order to maintain their talent level.

Will it work? That remains to be seen. They have also taken advantage of the fact that RB has become a de-valued position in the NFL and are taking advantage of teams stacking up to stop the pass. So is Seattle BTW.

What you also don't take into account is that the entire culture of the team has changed. Its not popular to say anything positive about Harbaugh here, but he turned the entire attitude of the franchise around. The coaching isn't just him either. He's brought in great coaches at just about every level.

The point I'm making here is that the team isn't just the sum of its parts. The change from Singletary to Harbaugh should show you that. Am I assuming that Hyde/Lattimore can totally replace Gore? That Carradine/Okoye/Ramsey/Dial/Lynch can replace Justin? No. Of course not. The Niners know that they don't really have to though. They just take players who can play those spots and can play them well. They then take the best player available when they draft.

Maybe they don't ever really replace Justin Smith, but maybe Jimmie Ward becomes a star FS. Maybe they don't really replace Gore but the tandem of Lattimore and Hyde is pretty good. Perhaps the run game improves for if for no other reason than there are a lot more passing targets and Kap improves his play with experience. There is no clone of Boldin, but you don't really clone guys anyway...another guy comes along with a different skillset who plays differently. That's OK. The team evolves. Hell, Boldin has only been there for a year and the team has been good for three. The team is different every single year.

Who knows. It's not always about a 1 to 1 replacement. Its about using the talents you have to their fullest.

When the Pats won their first SB they were not an offensive powerhouse. They won with D and an effective O. Over time, they transformed into a different team with different strengths. Over time, they lost their aging stars but still managed to remain a contender.

Some of you will argue that Kap isn't Brady. Not even going to argue that he is. All I'll say is that we don't know what he is yet and we don't know what the team will evolve into. All they can do is stockpile players and coach the guys they have.

This is why I think its folly to predict the downfall of ANY team that's good. Even predicting that people know exactly what a team will evolve into is a bad idea. Seattle will likely evolve as well as Wilson gets more experience and they are less able to lean on Lynch. That's OK. It doesn't mean they won't be as good. It means they will be different. Time will tell what that means exactly.

PS: McCloughan didn't draft Anthony Davis, Mike Iupati. Navorro Bowman, or Aldon Smith.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Marvin49":1sc9bkmy said:
RichNhansom":1sc9bkmy said:
rideaducati":1sc9bkmy said:
Marvin49":1sc9bkmy said:
WR BOLDIN (33) - Patton and Ellington being groomed for that spot. Also traded for Stevie Johnson
WR LLOYD (32) - Initially didn't think he'd have much of a shot at making the team, but has looked good.
TE DAVIS (30) - This is one spot where they need to groom someone. Can McDonald be that guy?
G SNYDER (32) - Probably won't make the team with influx of draftees and Jonathan Martin
DT SMITH (34) - Drafted Tank Carradine to take that spot and a few other later rounders with upside (Dial, Ramsey, Lynch). We'll see.

Bottom line...certainly some age there and some concern, but 49ers are certainly aware of it and have been addressing those positions for 2 years now. We'll see how good those players end up being.

Two years eh? It only took a decade of top 11 picks to get where they are now...

That's really the thing I see and don't understand how no 49ers fans seem to understand. The previous regime with the benefits of picking in the beginning of the first round for years brought in some unbelievable talent. Then add in some very smart GMing by McCloughan and Harbaugh walked into a team with Aldon Smith, Michael Crabtree, Patrick Willis, Justin Smith, Anthony Davis, Mike Iupati, Ahmad Brooks, Vernon Davis, Frank Gore and Navaro Bowman. Imagine what Pete Carroll could have done with that group.

They also had guys like Goldson, Whitner and Delanie Walker who are now gone. Those guys weren't super stars but they are proving hard to replace. Reid has been technically as good as Goldson but has already had two concussions and is obviously not built for the smash mouth style of play Goldson brought and Vance McDonald has been a huge step back from Walker. They are hoping to replace Whitner but it is very likely their next strong safety will be another downgrade.

Justin Smith is probably their most important defensive player as we seen in 2012 when he was injured in the NE game and the entire defense went to crap and he turned 35 in April. Gore has been the heart and sole of that offense and turns 31 before the first preseason game. Boldin is 34 and very important to that offense and Goodwin their center is being replaced by Kilgore (IIRC), their secondary is being held together with bubble gum and happy thoughts, on and on.

I know they have their rose colored glasses on but that is a ton of talent to replace and those replacements will be the future of the Niners organization. They pretty much need to hit on every pick as if they were still picking 7th overall but the problem is they are not and age is creeping up on them at a fairly rapid rate.

If you listen to a Niner fan he will point out that the age difference is only about 2.5 years on average but he is ignoring the talent that is carrying that team is what is dragging that age barrier down and the guys who are helping it have yet to replace any of the starters at a similar level.

Since they have been picking late in the draft they have found one starter in Reid and they had to package multiple picks to move up in the draft to get him and he is still not yet an upgrade over Goldson and will never have the physical presence Goldson did. Sure they have guys waiting in the wings just like every team in the NFL but if you believe any Niner fan theirs are by far the best and it's not even debatable.

I don't think its that Niner fans don't understand this. We had to watch that roster get coached by inferior coaches and go nowhere.

What I think Seattle fans don't understand is that Niner fans are aware of the age and we have seen the team take chances on very talented players who they redshirt as rookies in order to get them later in the draft....IE trying to take top level talent later in the draft in order to maintain their talent level.

Will it work? That remains to be seen. They have also taken advantage of the fact that RB has become a de-valued position in the NFL and are taking advantage of teams stacking up to stop the pass. So is Seattle BTW.

What you also don't take into account is that the entire culture of the team has changed. Its not popular to say anything positive about Harbaugh here, but he turned the entire attitude of the franchise around. The coaching isn't just him either. He's brought in great coaches at just about every level.

The point I'm making here is that the team isn't just the sum of its parts. The change from Singletary to Harbaugh should show you that. Am I assuming that Hyde/Lattimore can totally replace Gore? That Carradine/Okoye/Ramsey/Dial/Lynch can replace Justin? No. Of course not. The Niners know that they don't really have to though. They just take players who can play those spots and can play them well. They then take the best player available when they draft.

Maybe they don't ever really replace Justin Smith, but maybe Jimmie Ward becomes a star FS. Maybe they don't really replace Gore but the tandem of Lattimore and Hyde is pretty good. Perhaps the run game improves for if for no other reason than there are a lot more passing targets and Kap improves his play with experience. There is no clone of Boldin, but you don't really clone guys anyway...another guy comes along with a different skillset who plays differently. That's OK. The team evolves. Hell, Boldin has only been there for a year and the team has been good for three. The team is different every single year.

Who knows. It's not always about a 1 to 1 replacement. Its about using the talents you have to their fullest.

When the Pats won their first SB they were not an offensive powerhouse. They won with D and an effective O. Over time, they transformed into a different team with different strengths. Over time, they lost their aging stars but still managed to remain a contender.

Some of you will argue that Kap isn't Brady. Not even going to argue that he is. All I'll say is that we don't know what he is yet and we don't know what the team will evolve into. All they can do is stockpile players and coach the guys they have.

This is why I think its folly to predict the downfall of ANY team that's good. Even predicting that people know exactly what a team will evolve into is a bad idea. Seattle will likely evolve as well as Wilson gets more experience and they are less able to lean on Lynch. That's OK. It doesn't mean they won't be as good. It means they will be different. Time will tell what that means exactly.

PS: McCloughan didn't draft Anthony Davis, Mike Iupati. Navorro Bowman, or Aldon Smith.

Very good post.

1) This is a great point of view that cannot be argued. It is optimistic (which it should be) but not filled with unrealistic expectations.

On your webzone a poster said (and I'm not kidding) that this draft proves why this team has been successful and will continue to be successful and he was using it as an argument to a Hawks fan. Comments like that are what I have come to expect from the webzone.

I know it is one poster but it really is a better example of the posting style over there than the post you just made.

PS: I know McClouhan wasn't there for the actual draft but he was involved in making the draft board that Balke used and Harbaugh wasn't. Thus making my statement correct unless my timeline is wrong.

PSS, I have been wrong before but don't tell my wife.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1fu7wzfc said:
Marvin49":1fu7wzfc said:
RichNhansom":1fu7wzfc said:
rideaducati":1fu7wzfc said:
Marvin49 said:

Very good post.

1) This is a great point of view that cannot be argued. It is optimistic (which it should be) but not filled with unrealistic expectations.

On your webzone a poster said (and I'm not kidding) that this draft proves why this team has been successful and will continue to be successful and he was using it as an argument to a Hawks fan. Comments like that are what I have come to expect from the webzone.

I know it is one poster but it really is a better example of the posting style over there than the post you just made.

PS: I know McClouhan wasn't there for the actual draft but he was involved in making the draft board that Balke used and Harbaugh wasn't. Thus making my statement correct unless my timeline is wrong.

I always liked yer wife. How has she, and of course you, been doing? You guys still play darts when you are not here arguing with ninny fans?

Marvin49

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1is8oqd3 said:
Marvin49":1is8oqd3 said:
RichNhansom":1is8oqd3 said:
rideaducati":1is8oqd3 said:

Very good post.

LOL.

Well, I'd argue that this draft and the last draft prove why the 49ers have a CHANCE to continue to be successful into the future...essentially stockpiling draft picks, reloading at a number of positions, taking no less than 6 guys (Carradine, Lattimore, Dial, Thomas, Reaser, and Millard) who will essentially redshirt, and really working the draft to move up and down and get great value (like essentially moving down from 56 to 57 by trading down and back up again to recoup the pick they used for Stevie Johnson, and then take the same guy they'd have taken at 56, Carlos Hyde....Trent Baalke, Draft Ninja).

Obviously, anything definitive about those picks isn't real because we don't know and won't know for a few years...but that's pretty standard on just about any forum. I've read countless times on this forum how bad the Niners 2013 draft was...which is really funny since 1 guy is a damn good starter, 3 of the guys were never going to play and were redshirted (tho Dial did get in for a game or 2), and another guy was hurt most of the year.

Obviously...we are all optimists when we look at our own teams.

As for the "McCloughans board" thing...that one always drives me nuts. LOL. Baalke was there all along. He helped build that board. He was the right hand man to a guy who was let go because he was drinking, showing up drunk or not showing up at all, and having issues at home with a divorce. He was let go for a reason. I don't exactly buy into the "he only succeeded because he used McCloughans board" theory. LOL.

Don't get me wrong...McCloughan was a very good GM when his head was in the game and made some great picks, but he wasn't the same guy when he was shown the door. I know he left the Seahawks recently so I hope its not the same issues. He always struck me as a good guy and great talent evaluator.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Good stuff, everybody. I'll take a quick moment to say it's damn fun having – arguably – the two best teams in the league right here in the NFCW. I think it's going to be a lot of fun for a while.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Marvin, I won't attatch to your last post because it is getting way to long. I think my thumb sprained an ankle scrolling down on my phone to get to the new part.

I never said Ballke wasn't involved. I simply said McCloughan was there while making that board and you would half to be an idiot to think they ignored his input. It's more likely he had burned his bridges and they still kept him around until the last moment so they could use his input.

I also said it was before Harbaugh was there and he inherited those guys as well.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RichNhansom":knejxcqe said:
Marvin, I won't attatch to your last post because it is getting way to long. I think my thumb sprained an ankle scrolling down on my phone to get to the new part.

I never said Ballke wasn't involved. I simply said McCloughan was there while making that board and you would half to be an idiot to think they ignored his input. It's more likely he had burned his bridges and they still kept him around until the last moment so they could use his input.

I also said it was before Harbaugh was there and he inherited those guys as well.

Gotcha.

I've just read on this site WAY to many times that Baalke "just used Scots board". Reacting more to that history than anything else or anything specific you said.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":1w1ap6cx said:
RichNhansom":1w1ap6cx said:

Gotcha.

I've just read on this site WAY to many times that Baalke "just used Scots board". Reacting more to that history than anything else or anything specific you said.

Well, you have to at least admit that since that draft, we haven't seen much. The TWO starters since that draft still have big question marks.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I think the niners will become worse with every player Baalke replaces. Just look at his first ever pick after Scot left...that guy became the first ever wr taken in the first round to not catch a single pass for the team that drafted him. And how many times did we hear about the guy's name being put in an envelope prior to the draft so we would all know that THAT was the guy Baalke wanted all along? Without the first draft with Scot's input, Baalke would be on a pretty hot seat.

I also see the niners having trouble replacing top 10 picks with bottom 5 picks and that will be catching up to them real soon. It's all fine and dandy having 40 draft picks per year, but they have yet to hit on many of them.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":2qu9zd03 said:
RichNhansom":2qu9zd03 said:

Gotcha.

Well, you have to at least admit that since that draft, we haven't seen much. The TWO starters since that draft still have big question marks.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I think the niners will become worse with every player Baalke replaces. Just look at his first ever pick after Scot left...that guy became the first ever wr taken in the first round to not catch a single pass for the team that drafted him. And how many times did we hear about the guy's name being put in an envelope prior to the draft so we would all know that THAT was the guy Baalke wanted all along? Without the first draft with Scot's input, Baalke would be on a pretty hot seat.

I also see the niners having trouble replacing top 10 picks with bottom 5 picks and that will be catching up to them real soon. It's all fine and dandy having 40 draft picks per year, but they have yet to hit on many of them.

rideaducati

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":21wfoc2u said:
One thing I've noticed since winning the Super Bowl is fewer 49ers fans saying things like "Well you guys needed your mid/late-round draft picks to start, it's harder to crack the starting spots on the superior 49ers roster."

Maybe if the niners drafted better, they would have a few young starters. The Seahawks drafted players that actually beat out previous starters.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
The way the 49ers have drafted since 2012 makes me happy. That 2012 draft class was a real failure for them; not a single player has started a game and only two players from that class remain on the team (Joe Looney, who has played in four total games, and LaMichael James, who had just 12 rushing attempts last year).

My two favorite picks from their poor 2013 class are obviously B.J. Daniels and Vance McDonald. Daniels was released and picked up by us, and now he's showing that he may just be our backup QB of the future. Ironically, Daniels is one of their better picks from the last three years. McDonald, a supposed receiving TE, might have the worst hands of any receiver in the league with multiple drops in every practice. Meanwhile, I love the fact that McDonald's teammate, Luke Willson, was selected three rounds lower than McDonald, but has outplayed him, while developing into a legit weapon for us with excellent hands.

The 49ers' 2014 class is full of weak, injury-prone prospects. Their First Round strong safety prospect managed just nine reps on the bench press and has missed every practice with a foot injury. He also had shoulder problems in college that kept him out of games. Like their previous two drafts, count me as unimpressed.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Good post Hawknation,
Something you left out was the Niners packaged picks to move ahead of Seattle, obviously to steal away the pick they thought we wanted because they knew we were scouting the college both came out of. That is also why we were able to trade back, get more picks and still take W illson in the fifth.

It's played out real nice when you consider Schneider said he was the one player we wanted to make sure we got in that draft and factor how much better W illson already is. Of course Niner fans will try and claim he is a great blocker but even if he were (and he's not) it is still a massive fail to package multiple picks so your rival can trade back, add picks and still end up with the better player.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":3qy6t8uu said:
Marvin49":3qy6t8uu said:
RichNhansom":3qy6t8uu said:

Gotcha.

1) The first ever player drafted after Scot left was Anthony Davis. The second was Mike Iupati. The fourth was Navorro Bowman. If you choose to skip 2010 (which is ludicrous), then 2011 featured Aldon Smith as the 1st rounder, Colin Kaepernick as the 2nd rounder, Chris Culliver in the 3rd (will likely start this year), Kendall Hunter in the 4th, Daniel Kilgore in the 5th (He or Martin will likely start at Center this year), and Bruce Miller in the 6th or 7th (can't remember off the top of my head...I think he was a 7).

2) So tired of hearing about AJ as though he's indicative of everything Baalke. Teams miss on picks. Happens all the time. Bill Walsh was one of the best ever and he selected Terrance Flagler and Reggie McGrew in the first round. Scot McCloughan selected Kentwan Balmer in the first round. Peeps seem to forget that when they lambaste Baalke for the 2012 draft.

3) How many starters did the Seahawks draft last year? How many from THIS year do you envision starting? Good teams with few holes don't need to start rookies. It's really simple.

4) TWO starters since that draft? Since what Draft? Starters drafted by Baalke: Anthony Davis, Mike Iupati, Navorro Bowman, Aldon Smith, Colin Kaepernick, Bruce Miller, and Eric Reid. That's SEVEN. Not 2. That doesn't get into free agency or trades either where he's had a ton of success in the bargain isle (Whitner, Rogers, Dorsey, Goodwin, Boldin, S. Johnson, etc).

Come on dude...you are making this too easy for me. The same ol "Baalke sucks" rants are pretty old.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2uhtibbc said:
The way the 49ers have drafted since 2012 makes me happy. That 2012 draft class was a real failure for them; not a single player has started a game and only two players from that class remain on the team (Joe Looney, who has played in four total games, and LaMichael James, who had just 12 rushing attempts last year).

My two favorite picks from their poor 2013 class are obviously B.J. Daniels and Vance McDonald. Daniels was released and picked up by us, and now he's showing that he may just be our backup QB of the future. Ironically, Daniels is one of their better picks from the last three years. McDonald, a supposed receiving TE, might have the worst hands of any receiver in the league with multiple drops in every practice. Meanwhile, I love the fact that McDonald's teammate, Luke Willson, was selected three rounds lower than McDonald, but has outplayed him, while developing into a legit weapon for us with excellent hands.

The 49ers' 2014 class is full of weak, injury-prone prospects. Their First Round strong safety prospect managed just nine reps on the bench press and has missed every practice with a foot injury. He also had shoulder problems in college that kept him out of games. Like their previous two drafts, count me as unimpressed.

LOL.

If you say so. My guess is any player drafted by SF would be considered unimpressive to you.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":kj5qwmhy said:
rideaducati":kj5qwmhy said:
Marvin49":kj5qwmhy said:
RichNhansom":kj5qwmhy said:

Gotcha.

1) The first ever player drafted after Scot left was Anthony Davis. The second was Mike Iupati. The fourth was Navorro Bowman. If you choose to skip 2010 (which is ludicrous), then 2011 featured Aldon Smith as the 1st rounder, Colin Kaepernick as the 2nd rounder, Chris Culliver in the 3rd (will likely start this year), Kendall Hunter in the 4th, Daniel Kilgore in the 5th (He or Martin will likely start at Center this year), and Bruce Miller in the 6th or 7th (can't remember off the top of my head...I think he was a 7).

2) So tired of hearing about AJ as though he's indicative of everything Baalke. Teams miss on picks. Happens all the time. Bill Walsh was one of the best ever and he selected Terrance Flagler and Reggie McGrew in the first round. Scot McCloughan selected Kentwan Balmer in the first round. Peeps seem to forget that when they lambaste Baalke for the 2012 draft.

3) How many starters did the Seahawks draft last year? How many from THIS year do you envision starting? Good teams with few holes don't need to start rookies. It's really simple.

4) TWO starters since that draft? Since what Draft? Starters drafted by Baalke: Anthony Davis, Mike Iupati, Navorro Bowman, Aldon Smith, Colin Kaepernick, Bruce Miller, and Eric Reid. That's SEVEN. Not 2. That doesn't get into free agency or trades either where he's had a ton of success in the bargain isle (Whitner, Rogers, Dorsey, Goodwin, Boldin, S. Johnson, etc).

Come on dude...you are making this too easy for me. The same ol "Baalke sucks" rants are pretty old.

I see quantity there, not quality. Without Scot...color me unimpressed. Baalke is good with his high first round picks though. You're not gonna change my thinking. Until we see the players he is actually positively responsible for bringing in, I will doubt him. Blab all you want about the players picked two weeks after Scot left and it ddoesn't matter how much you huff and puff, you ain't changing my mind.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":3b1uao41 said:
Marvin49":3b1uao41 said:
rideaducati":3b1uao41 said:
Marvin49":3b1uao41 said:
Gotcha.

I see quantity there, not quality. Without Scot...color me unimpressed. Baalke is good with his high first round picks though. You're not gonna change my thinking. Until we see the players he is actually positively responsible for bringing in, I will doubt him. Blab all you want about the players picked two weeks after Scot left and it ddoesn't matter how much you huff and puff, you ain't changing my mind.

Well first off...that's kinda lame.

Second: Aldon Smith, Colin Kaepernick, Bruce Miller, and Eric Reid aren't quality picks? Uh...OK. That pretty much tells me how much I should value your opinion. LOL. Only Aldon was a "high first round pick"...and many were critical of him for making that pick.

Dude...you were sayin that the very first pick he made after Scot left was a total bust....and then the player you were talking about was in Baalke's THIRD draft. LOL. Come on now.

rideaducati

Reaction score
The players you point out are two first round picks a second rounder and a fullback...you are so right, what was I thinking by not being impressed? Four players out of what? 40 picks? wow. When do we get to see all the other players he picked?

You'll come around soon enough because he's gonna have a lot of replacing to do over the next couple years. Just remember, I told you so.

Latest posts