Seahawks vrs Dolphins..Week 1.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Irvin is a loss no question. He was a freak athlete that developed into a good LB but I'm less worried about his loss than I am scheme change which I think they were going to do no matter what.

Frank Clark though is pretty much his replacement even though he won't play the same position. He is due to possibly break out and become a core player on our D and that is something Irvin never did and why we turned down his 5th year option. I wouldn't call Irvin a bust but he wasn't worth near what he got in FA, to this defense.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
Laloosh":2zuun1s4 said:
Djphinfan":2zuun1s4 said:
Tical21":2zuun1s4 said:
Sigh. The SAM in the 4-3 under doesn't have a ton of responsibility in the cover-3. Set the edge and cover the flat. We drafted best athlete available. We all have the same resources, we just use ours better than everybody else. We find and cultivate depth better than anyone, and coach to their strengths. Whoever we plug there will play really well and get rich from another team in a few years. Rinse and repeat. Feel better now?

lol..I guess this is what happens when you get lucky on a elite qb.
So tired of that statement. Of course there is luck involved. Do you post the same thing on GB, NE, PIT, AZ, NO, DEN and CAR boards?

Carroll and Schneider inherited a shitty roster and turned it into a power house that consists of a TON of undrafted players. Some late round gems of course but their talent evaluation and player development are phenominal.

Give it a rest. Week one, win or lose, won't define either of these teams. Don't take it so personally that nobody is lining up to pat your team on the back for roster changes that you are excited about.
I was talking about the overconfidence in his post and the flippant /sarcastic words towards me, when you start to think that it doesn't matter anymore who plays what and where imo you've lost touch with the reality of how good an elite qb makes your team..

''Sigh. The SAM in the 4-3 under doesn't have a ton of responsibility in the cover-3. Set the edge and cover the flat. We drafted best athlete available. We all have the same resources, we just use ours better than everybody else. We find and cultivate depth better than anyone, and coach to their strengths. Whoever we plug there will play really well and get rich from another team in a few years. Rinse and repeat. Feel better now?''

I thought that my response was appropriate off that.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3cqwj46x said:
Irvin is a loss no question. He was a freak athlete that developed into a good LB but I'm less worried about his loss than I am scheme change which I think they were going to do no matter what.

Frank Clark though is pretty much his replacement even though he won't play the same position. He is due to possibly break out and become a core player on our D and that is something Irvin never did and why we turned down his 5th year option. I wouldn't call Irvin a bust but he wasn't worth near what he got in FA, to this defense.
Yeah Clark flashed real hard last year..

i mean I respect the abilities of any Gm who can replace players who's contract comes up with rookies who can develop, {its the name of the game in the cap world} but I dont think the goal of a top 15 pick is to be off the team 4 years later and dismiss it as no big deal.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Djphinfan":2jp8dgyk said:
Tical21":2jp8dgyk said:
Sigh. The SAM in the 4-3 under doesn't have a ton of responsibility in the cover-3. Set the edge and cover the flat. We drafted best athlete available. We all have the same resources, we just use ours better than everybody else. We find and cultivate depth better than anyone, and coach to their strengths. Whoever we plug there will play really well and get rich from another team in a few years. Rinse and repeat. Feel better now?

I wouldn't call it luck, I'd call it great scouting and ability to think out of the "coventional wisdom" box.
At the risk of sounding cocky, you don't go to back to back Super Bowls by getting "lucky". :)

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":312y8krf said:
Djphinfan":312y8krf said:
Tical21":312y8krf said:

I wouldn't call it luck, I'd call it great scouting and ability to think out of the "coventional wisdom" box.
At the risk of sounding cocky, you don't go to back to back Super Bowls by getting "lucky". :)
anyone who let russell wilson drop and select him in the third round is lucky {especially with the qbs who were on your roster}, now is your GM better than most for selecting him there?..yes, at least he did that in that particular instance..

He also gave matt flynn a contract, which was a very poor decision..

they all make mistakes..The name of the game is who makes the fewest.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":248b89s2 said:
Djphinfan":248b89s2 said:
Tical21":248b89s2 said:

At the risk of sounding cocky, you don't go to back to back Super Bowls by getting "Luck". :)

:sarcasm_on: You stay in Indy that way....he he he :sarcasm_off:
:stirthepot:

:irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Djphinfan":3hmm4xmb said:
anyone who let russell wilson drop and select him in the third round is lucky {especially with the qbs who were on your roster}, now is your GM better than most for selecting him there?..yes, at least he did that in that particular instance..

I disagree. I think he did this to throw off the scent of the hounds that were looking at what we were picking. They say we have a franchise qb in Flynn.....let that other man go.....to the 3rd round where we pick him up.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1qemuqkm said:
Djphinfan":1qemuqkm said:

I disagree. I think he did this to throw off the scent of the hounds that were looking at what we were picking. They say we have a franchise qb in Flynn.....let that other man go.....to the 3rd round where we pick him up.

you made a funny..

:0190l:

chris98251

Reaction score
Yeah Marino a Lucky pick as well.

From Wiki.

Marino's selection status in the 1983 NFL Draft plummeted after his weaker senior season at Pitt,[6] and widespread rumors of drug use.[7] Five other quarterbacks—Ken O'Brien, Tony Eason, Todd Blackledge, and Hall of Famers Jim Kelly and John Elway—were drafted ahead of him in the first round. Bill Hillgrove, who was with the Marino family on draft day, later recalled that when the New York Jets selected O'Brien, Marino "became visibly ill". (O'Brien, who played for Division II Cal-Davis, was so obscure that Marino later asked his agent Marvin Demoff "Who is Ken O'Brien?") The Miami Dolphins chose Marino as the 27th pick in the first round. Opinion was divided on the wisdom of the team's decision; Chris Berman said that the Dolphins' head coach Don Shula was "the best", but Paul Zimmerman was skeptical of the coaching staff's ability to help Marino "overcome the problems he's had". Shula later said that being passed up by so many teams "motivated [Marino] to show everybody else what a mistake that they had made."[6]

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Djphinfan":2p1d7rkm said:
Tical21":2p1d7rkm said:

I wouldn't call it luck, I'd call it great scouting and ability to thing out of the "coventional wisdom" box.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
chris98251":ui0160ka said:

From Wiki.

Marino's selection status in the 1983 NFL Draft plummeted after his weaker senior season at Pitt,[6] and widespread rumors of drug use.[7] Five other quarterbacks—Ken O'Brien, Tony Eason, Todd Blackledge, and Hall of Famers Jim Kelly and John Elway—were drafted ahead of him in the first round. Bill Hillgrove, who was with the Marino family on draft day, later recalled that when the New York Jets selected O'Brien, Marino "became visibly ill". (O'Brien, who played for Division II Cal-Davis, was so obscure that Marino later asked his agent Marvin Demoff "Who is Ken O'Brien?") The Miami Dolphins chose Marino as the 27th pick in the first round. Opinion was divided on the wisdom of the team's decision; Chris Berman said that the Dolphins' head coach Don Shula was "the best", but Paul Zimmerman was skeptical of the coaching staff's ability to help Marino "overcome the problems he's had". Shula later said that being passed up by so many teams "motivated [Marino] to show everybody else what a mistake that they had made."[6]
lol your not serious.......we didn't pass on him.. those teams above us passed, WE DID NOT....nice try though but come on..yall passed on the guy twice..

2_0_6

Reaction score
Goes to prove that you don't need to spend a lottery pick on a QB to get a ring. Some might call it luck that we nabbed RW in the 3rd, but I tend to call it good scouting. You knew he would be there, so it let us take Wagner and Irvin ahead of him.

That's. Pure. Genius.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Djphinfan":3lm78xzq said:
chris98251":3lm78xzq said:

From Wiki.

lol your not serious.......we didn't pass on him.. those teams above us passed, WE DID NOT....nice try though but come on..yall passed on the guy twice..

Schneider had the same grade for Wilson and RG3. He wanted to draft Wilson in the second round but Carroll reigned him in because he knew Wilson would still be available in the third. It's called reading the room, and considering the amount of criticism we received when we drafted him, it's clear we valued him higher than everyone else except the Eagles. Hell, they geared their draft towards taking Wilson in the third. Seattle just hid its plans better.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...le-seahawks-gm-eyed-russell-wilson-in-round-2

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...-wilson-nearly-drafted-by-philadelphia-eagles

[youtube]u7Zs8v3EIcQ[/youtube]

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
a LOT of Miami Dolphins fans here in NJ, but I think with a new coaching staff, you have to revert back to what Denver wanted to run when Gase was there.

Tannehill on the road is just not the same QB he is at home. Miami has lost games at places like Washington early in last season and rarely plays well on the road, outside of seemingly always winning at the Jets.

I do agree with the Fins fan that their front four has the potential to create a Rams-like dilemma of not being able to get people blocked and creating problems, but it still reverts back to Seattle at home is an extremely difficult place to play.

If this were week 3 or Week 5 after a couple of games or a bye week, Miami would be better suited for an upset. I just don't see any feasible way Tannehill has consistent success dinking and dunking underneath, without the support of a running game.

Seattle will force turnovers and Miami will make one mistake per half that will cost them. It looks like a 27-17 or 27-16 type of game that is close throughout. Seattle's early schedule is must-win territory with a visit to LA for the Rams and another AFC East visit to NY in early October. Seattle cannot slip early and I see a fast 4-0 or 5-0 start for the Seahawks, although most of these games will be nip and tuck.

Gase is going to be judged based on how they sort out the lockeroom.....still seeing reports of Suh not practicing hard most days (if at all) and as good as Tunsil may be on paper, you don't want crowd noise and Micheal Bennett hovering over you as your first NFL start.

It's the longest flight ever from Miami to Seattle. Good game and good luck, but Seattle wins by double digits.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Djphinfan":1r1p35e9 said:
chris98251":1r1p35e9 said:

From Wiki.

That's called knowing how to work the draft.
Being a Phins fan that's probably a foreign concept though. Your team took Ryan Tannehill in roumd one, a guy you said yourself is in a prove ut year. My team took Russell Wilson who is on a Hall of Fame trajectory in round three. I believe that's pretty much the definition of draft "value".

Laloosh

Reaction score
Djphinfan":34iyg776 said:
RichNhansom":34iyg776 said:

Yeah Clark flashed real hard last year..

i mean I respect the abilities of any Gm who can replace players who's contract comes up with rookies who can develop, {its the name of the game in the cap world} but I dont think the goal of a top 15 pick is to be off the team 4 years later and dismiss it as no big deal.
His market value exceeded his value to the defense. That's it. It's not like he was cut, he's too expensive to keep. It's not a boom vs bust thing. Now we get a comp pick and avoid over paying at the position.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
The seahawks had just signed Matt Flynn..logic and everything that is common sense tells you the GM was not in any hurry to draft a qb until one that they had a good grade on fell into their laps so they decided to double down..

like me, anyone who thought Russell Wilson would be the QB he is today would of not let him escape the first round..so i guess no'one thought that..which makes whoever selected him in the third, is this case, the seahawks, didn't think that highly at the time..

I guess he thought bruce irvin was more important..

im not here to argue anything, i like your team, its venue, its qb, but there are some comments from some folks who dont wish to talk football just act like sea hawk sh## dont stink..

y'all are trying to convince me that your GM knew that wilson would last to the third round, and that he loved him...

thats a crock a sh%% man and you know it..

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
''Wilson has everything in the arsenal besides height imo, Touch, arm strength, accuracy, great ability to extend plays and make those plays down the field, leadership, freakish vision of the field, and just that vibe that exudes the ''it'' factor.''

said that in 2012 before the draft...I knew they were gonna take Tannehill because of the Philbin/Mike sherman connection, with him being tannehills head coach then moving to be our offensive coordinator the writing was on the wall..

I pleaded that we should move back into the first and take wilson and do something unprecedented, take two qbs in the first..

I was so sure of wilson that my philosophy was if tannehill worked out wilson would garner a first rounder down the line after the rest of the nfl would watch him carve up nfl defenses in preseason.

members laughed at me.a couple did not.

Latest posts