Seahawks vrs Dolphins..Week 1.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":i1k6v3rt said:
UK_Seahawk":i1k6v3rt said:
I'm a natural pessimist but I've had a funny feeling about the Week 1 Dolphin's game. I think they maybe better than many think.
With due respect to our opponent, the Hawks are going to cream them .

New offense..new defense..12th man...probably..

I surely dont have a lot of confidence as you can see, thinking we can come into your house and beat you, but we travel pretty well as a team, 1st game of the year and I do believe, objectively, we can win the LOS on both ends, but anything after that, I dont think so.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
You keep talking like Lynch and Graham were somehow a big part of our game last year. They weren't.

Lynch played in 7 games total. We went 3-4 in those games, and in one of those wins he was a non-factor rushing for 14 yards on 5 carries. In only one game last year did he get more than 73 yards. When he returned from injury, he was told publicly, by our offensive line coach, that our offense had changed and he would have to adapt to the new look Seahawks.

Graham diverted more attention from the Seahawks game plan than he did from opposing defenders. While he was certainly a bigger part of our game than Lynch, the best that can be said is that there was no let off when he went out with injury. Perhaps our historic run at the end of the season would have been more historic with Graham, but it was still a historic run.

Our defense finally healed up and got over their post-2014 hangover somewhere around week 11 last year. I fully expect them to come out of the gates rested and playing at a level much closer to that at the end of last season rather than what they showed at the start.

Teams that have shut down Wilson have done so by containing him in the pocket, rather than trying to get pass rushers to him. Unfortunately for our opponents, his pocket passing game took a leap forward last season, so this technique may not work anymore. The one area where I can still criticize his game, the one chink in the armor of you will, is his ability to make post-snap changes to the play. If you can successfully disguise your blitzes, or show blitz and check out of it after the snap, you can catch him running the wrong play for the actual coverage.

Pete has been working with him on seeing offenses the way NFL defenses do. I can only imagine that a big portion of this is how defenses bait the QB. Wilson will be scary when he learns to make the post-snap read and adjustment

-bsd

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
bigskydoc":137sg3nw said:
You keep talking like Lynch and Graham were somehow a big part of our game last year. They weren't.

Lynch played in 7 games total. We went 3-4 in those games, and in one of those wins he was a non-factor rushing for 14 yards on 5 carries. In only one game last year did he get more than 73 yards. When he returned from injury, he was told publicly, by our offensive line coach, that our offense had changed and he would have to adapt to the new look Seahawks.

Graham diverted more attention from the Seahawks game plan than he did from opposing defenders. While he was certainly a bigger part of our game than Lynch, the best that can be said is that there was no let off when he went out with injury. Perhaps our historic run at the end of the season would have been more historic with Graham, but it was still a historic run.

Our defense finally healed up and got over their post-2014 hangover somewhere around week 11 last year. I fully expect them to come out of the gates rested and playing at a level much closer to that at the end of last season rather than what they showed at the start.

Teams that have shut down Wilson have done so by containing him in the pocket, rather than trying to get pass rushers to him. Unfortunately for our opponents, his pocket passing game took a leap forward last season, so this technique may not work anymore. The one area where I can still criticize his game, the one chink in the armor of you will, is his ability to make post-snap changes to the play. If you can successfully disguise your blitzes, or show blitz and check out of it after the snap, you can catch him running the wrong play for the actual coverage.

Pete has been working with him on seeing offenses the way NFL defenses do. I can only imagine that a big portion of this is how defenses bait the QB. Wilson will be scary when he learns to make the post-snap read and adjustment

-bsd
really good info here, thanks, interesting about wilson..I do know what he did from the pocket last year, as I'm constantly defending him to my own peeps, I've had to debate them since I had him as a first round pick coming out, the narrative amongst folks who dont know what their looking at was that the defense and lynch carried him..then Lynch went way and he had one of the single best halves of football ever, then they said well, he's not a pocket passer, then he preceded to throw up sick numbers from the pocket, now their quiet..finally..

let me run this by y'all..do you really think rawls is that good with that 5.5 average or is this a case of wilson running the read option stuff and basically making the defenders focus on him instead of rawls, this making any back look good.?

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1qkp5m9g said:
I'm a little nervous about a few things for the start of the season but then I always am.

There has been much talk of a scheme change to the defense. Going big dime to cut down on the first down passing success opponents had on us last year as well as TE's. Big Dime sounds like a great plan but it has to be implemented successfully or it will hurt us and communication will be a big part of it which we might actually hurt ourselves being so loud at the clink. This has been mentioned by Seahawks players at times. They can struggle to communicate with each other when the crowd goes crazy before a snap.

The offensive line for obvious reasons.

Will Vannett really be a dominant blocker right out of the gate?

How will Procise play? Will it take him a few weeks or possibly longer to get up to speed?

Will we start the season off slow and try and force the run game without Lynch?

Will Rawls make it back and be the same RB?

Will Jimmy make and impact this year?

The list goes on and on.

On paper we got better and all things considered should dominate the game but as anyone knows the game isn't played on paper.

I like our chances and I'm very excited for this season but I doubt it is going to just be a cakewalk. We will have struggles and hopefully they are not enough to have us staring at a 500 record half way through the season like last year.

Great post and write up on your strengths and weaknesses. Good luck this year except against us of course but even that game I hope your team leaves healthy, With their heads hanging a little but healthy.

If it makes you feel any better on the 9ers boards they are predicting a Miami win.
y'all will destroy the niners this year..dont see any threat there.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Djphinfan":1ajeuw0u said:
To Jwaters {site wouldn't let me quote because of to many quotes within the body of your post..thats what it said basically}

I truly understand how good wilson is, but if I may make this point, I believe the game is played with spacing concepts that favor the winner, for example, great threats like Graham and Lynch, make defenders surrender space, space that lesser players do not occupy..

So while I agree that wilson can make chicken salad out of you know what, at some point, loss of talent catches up to everyone, because there is less space to work with and out of..The lesser the talent around you the more the defenders can pay attention to you.
I get what you're saying but the fact is we haven't lost talent, we have gained it while remodeling the team to fit Russell Wilson not Marshawn Lynch which a large segment on his board still haven't gotten the message, let alone be willing to accept change. A change at least a year past due.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Djphinfan":3iww0118 said:
bigskydoc":3iww0118 said:

-bsd
really good info here, thanks, interesting about wilson..I do know what he did from the pocket last year, as I'm constantly defending him to my own peeps, I've had to debate them since I had him as a first round pick coming out, the narrative amongst folks who dont know what their looking at was that the defense and lynch carried him..then Lynch went way and he had one of the single best halves of football ever, then they said well, he's not a pocket passer, then he preceded to throw up sick numbers from the pocket, now their quiet..finally..

let me run this by y'all..do you really think rawls is that good with that 5.5 average or is this a case of wilson running the read option stuff and basically making the defenders focus on him instead of rawls, this making any back look good.?

Do I think Rawls is HOF worthy with a 5.5 ypc? I don'the think so. I do think he is a perfect RB for our system though. To me the big difference last year, between him and Lynch was speed. Rawls had the necessary speed to get to the holes our OL was opening and then to explode through the contact as well. While Lynch was injured last year, it also seemed to me he was dancing behind the line too much, because the OL was horrible. I'm a huge Rawls fan. It's not just the 5.5 ypc, he also led the league in % of runs that were 0 or more yards, ie least amount of negative run plays. I think Rawls paired with Wilson has the potential to be a devastating combo for years to come. If Rawls is fully healed I expect him to average 5 ypc and possibly lead the league in rushing.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Djphinfan":fgw42fj8 said:
bigskydoc":fgw42fj8 said:

-bsd

Rawls is really good as was Lynch. Yes both benefited from the Wilson threat and vice versa. That is the beauty of it.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":12z8amom said:
Djphinfan":12z8amom said:
bigskydoc":12z8amom said:

-bsd

Do I think Rawls is HOF worthy with a 5.5 ypc? I don'the think so. I do think he is a perfect RB for our system though. To me the big difference last year, between him and Lynch was speed. Rawls had the necessary speed to get to the holes our OL was opening and then to explode through the contact as well. While Lynch was injured last year, it also seemed to me he was dancing behind the line too much, because the OL was horrible. I'm a huge Rawls fan. It's not just the 5.5 ypc, he also led the league in % of runs that were 0 or more yards, ie least amount of negative run plays. I think Rawls paired with Wilson has the potential to be a devastating combo for years to come. If Rawls is fully healed I expect him to average 5 ypc and possibly lead the league in rushing.
Im gonna disagree with you here sir, Rawls is not faster or quicker than Lynch, or better, I really think its the wilson affect when it comes to the run game..Wilsons skill set threatens so many levels of a defense, in the pocket, out of pocket, scripted runs, improv runs, decoy, dude is a five tool qb.

Dont you think its to much of a coincidence that rawls, an underrated free agent, busts out, even though your oline was struggling.?

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":ujpmboky said:
Djphinfan":ujpmboky said:
To Jwaters {site wouldn't let me quote because of to many quotes within the body of your post..thats what it said basically}

I truly understand how good wilson is, but if I may make this point, I believe the game is played with spacing concepts that favor the winner, for example, great threats like Graham and Lynch, make defenders surrender space, space that lesser players do not occupy..

So while I agree that wilson can make chicken salad out of you know what, at some point, loss of talent catches up to everyone, because there is less space to work with and out of..The lesser the talent around you the more the defenders can pay attention to you.
I get what you're saying but the fact is we haven't lost talent, we have gained it while remodeling the team to fit Russell Wilson not Marshawn Lynch which a large segment on his board still haven't gotten the message, let alone be willing to accept change. A change at least a year past due.

well, Im really just talking about who will be available and how healthy come game 1..

we know the team lost, Sweezy, Lynch, Bruce Irvin, possibly Jimmy, you might have rawls but considering the severity of his injury and surgery, I dont believe he will be at his best game 1, its tough to get better when you didn't have an offseason to focus on your body, strength and quickness ya know?

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Djphinfan":38f7pgxa said:
Judge for yourself. How much of this is Wilson making Rawls look good, and how much of it is Rawls making himself look good?

[youtube]0L_wJwgc38o[/youtube]

Djphinfan":38f7pgxa said:
Im gonna disagree with you here sir, Rawls is not faster or quicker than Lynch, or better, I really think its the wilson affect when it comes to the run game..Wilsons skill set threatens so many levels of a defense, in the pocket, out of pocket, scripted runs, improv runs, decoy, dude is a five tool qb.

Dont you think its to much of a coincidence that rawls, an underrated free agent, busts out, even though your oline was struggling.?
Perhaps you are forgetting what team you are talking about. The Seahawks, under Pete Carroll and John Schneider, consistently have the highest percentage of UDFAs on the final roster of any team in the league. The draft is a numbers game, and there's a lot of talent that slips through the cracks.

We don't find it surprising when a UDFA player busts out. We expect it.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Phinfan quoted..."
Im gonna disagree with you here sir, Rawls is not faster or quicker than Lynch, or better, I really think its the wilson affect when it comes to the run game..Wilsons skill set threatens so many levels of a defense, in the pocket, out of pocket, scripted runs, improv runs, decoy, dude is a five tool qb."

Tried to make it easy for me and you. NO insult intended.

That being the preface, I think that last year Rawls was hitting the holes a LOT faster than Lynch. Lynch was waiting for the holes to develop more then busting thru. Rawls saw a tiny opening and said I can do it. Got thru them and made positive gains. Not saying that the threat of Wilson taking off on a rampage that would destroy other teams was not there, just that Rawls is the real deal. I do understand the multifaceted concept that you believe and to a point I do as well, but I still believe in Rawls capability to get there faster. We will see if that can happen after the rehab he is doing now. If not we have 2 more in the wings ready to shine.

Thanks for the great conversation.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
BlueTalon":2543a281 said:
Djphinfan":2543a281 said:
Judge for yourself. How much of this is Wilson making Rawls look good, and how much of it is Rawls making himself look good?

[youtube]0L_wJwgc38o[/youtube]

Djphinfan":2543a281 said:

Perhaps you are forgetting what team you are talking about. The Seahawks, under Pete Carroll and John Schneider, consistently have the highest percentage of UDFAs on the final roster of any team in the league. The draft is a numbers game, and there's a lot of talent that slips through the cracks.

We don't find it surprising when a UDFA player busts out. We expect it.
I know Schneider is a good evaluator..

Tannebaum has been studying him since he got fired in new york..Theres much respect..

My only point is he's not Lynch.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1eo5bp8g said:
Phinfan quoted..."
Im gonna disagree with you here sir, Rawls is not faster or quicker than Lynch, or better, I really think its the wilson affect when it comes to the run game..Wilsons skill set threatens so many levels of a defense, in the pocket, out of pocket, scripted runs, improv runs, decoy, dude is a five tool qb."

That being the preface, I think that last year Rawls was hitting the holes a LOT faster than Lynch. Lynch was waiting for the holes to develop more then busting thru. Rawls saw a tiny opening and said I can do it. Got thru them and made positive gains. Not saying that the threat of Wilson taking off on a rampage that would destroy other teams was not there, just that Rawls is the real deal. I do understand the multifaceted concept that you believe and to a point I do as well, but I still believe in Rawls capability to get there faster. We will see if that can happen after the rehab he is doing now. If not we have 2 more in the wings ready to shine.

you as well..

hmmm, Rawls hits the hole faster than Lynch..maybe Lynch was checked out last year, maybe thats why he retired, he was done with the pounding and that created hesitation.

You also have the Collins kid from Arkansas, he'll fit in as well..

Ok, so we'll have to deal with your run game, but dont you think your oline is bit lesser in talent and exp than last year?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Djphinfan":imti0p72 said:
Seahawkfan80":imti0p72 said:
Phinfan quoted..."

you as well..

hmmm, Rawls hits the hole faster than Lynch..maybe Lynch was checked out last year, maybe thats why he retired, he was done with the pounding and that created hesitation.

Ok, so we'll have to deal with your run game, but dont you think your oline is bit lesser in talent and exp than last year?

Talent, I honestly dont believe so. But the EXPERience, Definitely. That will be the weak point that can be exploited coming out of the gates game one. If they dont find it in preseason, you have a close game. The first 4 games, we had a hollywood shuffle in the oline. We also had an issue with one of our safeties. Those 2 items hurt us. We shall see preseason if there are any other anomalies to deal with. Gosh I hope not.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":21gi9eg5 said:
Djphinfan":21gi9eg5 said:
Seahawkfan80":21gi9eg5 said:
Phinfan quoted..."

you as well..

Talent, I honestly dont believe so. But the EXPERience, Definitely. That will be the weak point that can be exploited coming out of the gates game one. If they dont find it in preseason, you have a close game. The first 4 games, we had a hollywood shuffle in the oline. We also had an issue with one of our safeties. Those 2 items hurt us. We shall see preseason if there are any other anomalies to deal with. Gosh I hope not.

what issue with your safety?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Kam held out all of preseason and the first 2 games. Says it is all water under the bridge....we shall see.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Djphinfan":20vi14ny said:
Seahawkfan80":20vi14ny said:
Djphinfan":20vi14ny said:
Seahawkfan80":20vi14ny said:
Phinfan quoted..."

you as well..

what issue with your safety?

Kam held out so Deion Bailey started and was terrible. Gave up the game winner first game of season at the Rams.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
Smellyman":2k5n7kn8 said:
Djphinfan":2k5n7kn8 said:
and you all think he may hold out again?

No
sorry I was confused as to why we were talking about the beginning of last year..

alright y'all, thanks for being gracious, check back later..unless your totally worried about our team and have any questions...lol.......not..

must feel good...Great defense..Great Qb..best venue in sport...

bastards...lol...peace.