Seahawks Vs Eagles Next Week

OP
OP
SlickRick

SlickRick

Reaction score
Seymour":1zv7g07j said:
And.....if we lose to the niners today???

We have one of the easier schedules in the league this year, so what does that make us I wonder? We must be rice paper tigers.

Seymour I'll make you a deal , if Seattle loses today I'll never post on here again. If Seattle wins today you disappear , deal or no deal ?

I'll take Seattle over 49ers any day. Or do you believe that with all you're heart that we lose ?

I want this thread bumped next week when the game is on against the eagles

xkj1985x

Reaction score
adeltaY":2bzcbs8z said:
I agree with all your points KJ, but I will say I was dumbfounded last year when we were able to mitigate the Eagles pass rush. I have ZERO idea how we were able to do that then get annihilated by a much worse TB pass rush.

That is a good question. I think there were a number of factors that played into it, such as:

1) Rookie QB in what had to easily have been his most difficult environment he's ever played in and a bunch of skill position guys who just weren't any good (Dorial Green-Beckham was the teams #2 WR, Jordan Matthews #1, both gone.) and their leading rusher that game is now #5 on the depth chart this year (and inactive today).

Offense could never seem to get anything going and in turn resulted in a tired defense.

2) The Eagles secondary was an absolute mess last year and if I remember correctly, RW3 was able to drop back and pretty much find what he wanted immediately or in very short order.

Obviously the Eagles have a top offense and defense this year and so a lot of the potential issues last year have been corrected and it's shown this year but as they say, you just never know in the NFL. Any given Sunday. I expected this to be a great game at the start of the season and I still have that same expectation.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":ly764d2d said:
Even when we play the bottom dwellers of the league, its a coin toss and we're talking about beating the one loss Eagles?

Agreed.

Homerism, albeit admirable and understandable, sometimes lends it's depths only slightly above liberalism.

OP
OP
SlickRick

SlickRick

Reaction score
24-13 W and our journey to the playoffs begin let's go Seattle

Steve2222

Reaction score
This will be a statement game for either Wentz MVP campaign or Wilson’s MVP campaign.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":14rt36jg said:
pittpnthrs":14rt36jg said:
Even when we play the bottom dwellers of the league, its a coin toss and we're talking about beating the one loss Eagles?

Agreed.

Homerism, albeit admirable and understandable, sometimes lends it's depths only slightly above liberalism.

Lol yea because liberalism has done so terribly throughout history lol :roll:

We're 7-4. We're not the Eagles but what other team is far and away above us? And when, in the history of EVER has a Pete Carroll team gotten blown out? Especially in the Russell Wilson era?

The way some of you critique our teams doesn't even logically match up with the point spread across the league. The Eagles even struggled against the Niners, so I don't buy that we can't win this game. That's not homerism that's basic logic and reason

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
If we lose to Philly we essentially have to win out, to even have a chance to make the playoffs. Keep in mind that Rams game won't matter if they are two up on us, assuming they beat the Eagles.

OP
OP
SlickRick

SlickRick

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2zhz08zk said:
If we lose to Philly we essentially have to win out, to even have a chance to win the playoffs. Keep in mind that Rams game won't matter if they are two up on us, assuming they beat the Eagles.

Cosign NFSeahawk, just hope things go the hawks way to close it out

IrishNW

Reaction score
We play the eagles at home prime time. I love our chances in this game. Russel Wilson isn't losing this game gentlemen

BigBill1945

Reaction score
If we show up we can be competitive. We have to get to Wentz. If he has time he will pick us apart. We will have to adjust our offensive schemes. Let's surprise these guys. The Eagles have score by a 28 point margin in their last 3 games. They in the same time have only allowed 1 touchdown.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
Scorpion05":27h5sdhu said:
400WattHPSHawk":27h5sdhu said:
pittpnthrs":27h5sdhu said:

The way some of you critique our teams doesn't even logically match up with the point spread across the league. The Eagles even struggled against the Niners, so I don't buy that we can't win this game. That's not homerism that's basic logic and reason

Eagles beat the 9ers by 23. There was zero “struggle” in that game.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
xkj1985x":19jjcmkg said:
Scorpion05":19jjcmkg said:
400WattHPSHawk":19jjcmkg said:
pittpnthrs":19jjcmkg said:

Eagles beat the 9ers by 23. There was zero “struggle” in that game.

They struggled about as much as we did in this game. Except, the Niners barely put up a fight. But they did struggle with them early far more than they should have

Even against the Panthers, Cam Newton was terrible and they could have lost that game. They're a great team, but the Rams scare me more than they do. They'll face a real QB this Sunday

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I imagine we’ll lose the game in some stupid fashion. We won’t get smoked at home but we’ll lose because we have a shaky kicker, bad Oline, crap runningbacks and depleted secondary. I expect us to lose by 4.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1305et3h said:
If we lose to Philly we essentially have to win out, to even have a chance to make the playoffs. Keep in mind that Rams game won't matter if they are two up on us, assuming they beat the Eagles.

Why will the Ram game not matter if they at 2 up at the time?

Don't both teams still play a few games after we play each other?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
If we are to beat Philly the Hawks HAVE TO HAVE A FAST START PERIOD!
Game planning, play calling, and execution on the offensive side of the ball have to be top notch and not the standard BS that usually happens!

Defensively they need to be aggressive and put Wentz on his ass early and often. Softzone coverage, and 3 man rushes will lead to defensive failures.

Also need a new kicker, Nugent is available.

If gameplanning, playcalling, execution are the status quo, it will be a loss.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3aiv9yfn said:
NFSeahawks628":3aiv9yfn said:

Why will the Ram game not matter if they at 2 up at the time?

Don't both teams still play a few games after we play each other?

I'm just saying it won't matter unless we finished with a tied record a the end of the season.
I'm assuming both Seattle and LA beat the teams they should and there is still no guarantee @Dallas is going to be a cake walk either with Zeke back.

SeaMeat

Reaction score
A win for Seahawks requires too much from Bevell.

THAT has me feeling a loss is coming. Prime time or not.

And if it is a close game... then Kris Richard and Blair Walsh need to earn their pay. THAT has me sick to my stomach.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I think they will keep the score respectable like they almost always do, but I see almost no chance the Hawks win next game. Philly is just too damn good.

Seafan

Reaction score
If the Hawks win the turnover category against the Eagles they could pull an upset. Can't have MVP putting the team in the hole early.