Seahawks Vs Eagles Next Week

OP
OP
SlickRick

SlickRick

Reaction score
jamiller":19i9drx3 said:
Lifelong Eagles fan here. I have a LOT of respect for the Seahawks and rooted HARD for them against the Patsies, when they gave one away by not running the ball. Still annoyed by it as I bet 98% of you here are.

One of the things that I see with this Eagles team, versus past Eagles teams (I go back a LONG WAY as I am old), reminds me of your team and the Ravens of a few years ago. This Eagles team smacks opponents in the mouth. They beat them up. Plain and simple. I saw a stat that had six of our opponents losing their next game after playing the Eagles. We have knocked out many players (1 for Carolina; 3 for the Skins and others). Not that I root for injuries, ever. The point is THIS TEAM is tough. They remind me of...the Seahawks with their full complement of defensive players or Balty back a half decade ago, give or take. I really mean it when I say I think they make the other team AFRAID of them by game's end...like your team does and did on D (when healthy).

And they enforce their will. Like Beast Mode on BEAST MODE (which is why you used to give him the damn ball). They run the ball best in the league (close if not tops); they DO NOT LET anyone run on them AT ALL (they held the number 6 rushing team Bears to 6 yards. Not 60. 6 for a whole game COUNTING JUNK TIME AND SCRAMBLES.....).

I just don't think teams that can keep you from running and can run against you can be beaten. I don't mean never, ever. I just mean a really huge, disproportionate amount of the time. Run the ball, control the clock (we allow opponents 2 full series less per game on average), get in the red zone, score, win game.

There is no disrespect for your team or its QB, but I think the Eagles win going away this week. I think we may be the best designed team in the league to match up against your team and RW. We have waves of D linemen who push straight back; we have ends that are quick and contain (occasional overrun of course); we have fast linebackers (not the fastest but fast) to mind the gaps. And our CBs and safeties are VERY good (way underrated actually). And the CBs play screens really well, which I think further translates to containing RW.....Pretty much, exactly what you need to contain a QB laying down 80% of its offense....

RW and the SH will get theirs this week but we will get them a whole bunch more. Here is to a great game and no injuries.

Also, compliments to your beautiful city. It is one of the several great American cities that has a "there" there....

Jamiller, good game I guess just like the 15 Panthers, are not Seattle 24-10

253hawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2qy64ggb said:
That missed facemask on Richardson was pathetic. He pulled him down by his face, no call.

Ref in the background - "What facemask?"

eye_wk_13_eagles_29.jpg

Polaris

Reaction score
253hawk":1gbho8yj said:
SoulfishHawk":1gbho8yj said:
That missed facemask on Richardson was pathetic. He pulled him down by his face, no call.

Ref in the background - "What facemask?"

eye_wk_13_eagles_29.jpg

I didn't know that Mr Magoo was an NFL ref.