Seahawks Vs Eagles Next Week

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Did you see what Matt Ryan did to our secondary?

Yeah expect more of that.

Pete and Bevell need to pull a game out of their collective ass if we're going to beat Philly. The business-as-usual will get laughed off the field. We are the same team that lost to the Redskins.

hoxrox

Reaction score
To have a chance, they will need to play all 4 quarters instead of two. And the 12s need to treat this like a playoff game, and cause some false starts.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
hoxrox":1vhye89n said:
To have a chance, they will need to play all 4 quarters instead of two. And the 12s need to treat this like a playoff game, and cause some false starts.

Twelves Schmelves. You nailed it with your first sentence. The fans don't matter if the team doesn't play well, same as any other game.

Mizak

Reaction score
I don't know if you guys know this but they rotate their DL at all times. All seven of em. If a couple get tired, then they sub with other D-Line players. That's why Eagles will have an advantage. The Seahawk's O-Line will have their hands full. You will never read the stat sheets that say 4 DL players played all the snaps.

If the Seahawks want to have a quick start, they are gonna have to go to a no huddle offense, EARLY. Make sure the Eagles don't sub in their DL players with fresh ones. If Bevell is smart, he calls it this way.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Mizak":2hbdjzrk said:
If the Seahawks want to have a quick start, they are gonna have to go to a no huddle offense, EARLY. Make sure the Eagles don't sub in their DL players with fresh ones. If Bevell is smart, he calls it this way.

You can stop right there.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1yjs6iva said:
And when, in the history of EVER has a Pete Carroll team gotten blown out? Especially in the Russell Wilson era?

The last two seasons in the playoffs.

droop828

Reaction score
They’ve played 2 teams with a winning record and lost 1 of those. I’m curious to see how they perform against a good team in prime time in a hostile environment. Their fortitude hasn’t been tested in a way that it will next Sunday night. Most teams that feast on lesser opponents that aren’t battle tested in big games usually get exposed and fold like a cheap tent. They may be for real or they may be a product of a weak schedule. We will see what they are made of these next 2 weeks.

droop828

Reaction score
They’ve played 2 teams with a winning record and lost 1 of those. I’m curious to see how they perform against a good team in prime time in a hostile environment. Their fortitude hasn’t been tested in a way that it will next Sunday night. Most teams that feast on lesser opponents that aren’t battle tested in big games usually get exposed and fold like a cheap tent. They may be for real or they may be a product of a weak schedule. We will see what they are made of these next 2 weeks.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
sdog1981":lc3c578x said:
You see what the Eagles do is they play bad teams and they beat bad teams they don't let them stick around.

The 24 points they gave up in the 4th quarter against the (scoreless through the first three quarters) Giants in Philadelphia which required them to kick a field goal with 13 seconds left to win clearly demonstrates this.

Up by six against the Chargers at the half, they were only up by two points with almost seven minutes left in the game. Clearly another demonstration.

They've been on a tear, but they had three out of four weeks where they weren't in the driver's seat where it could easily have gone the other way. It's not like they always blow everybody weak out.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
droop828":2qrk9v97 said:

I remember looking down from my seats at home against the Eagles last season to watch RW catch a TD pass. Wentz was "too good" the running game "too strong" We were " too inconsistent." At home in primetime, I have faith the Hawks will prevail. This D-Line is about to eat some lunch.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
We better score 28+. Our defense won't shut down any high powered offenses now. So our offense better score a lot.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
bmorepunk":31te7crt said:
sdog1981":31te7crt said:
You see what the Eagles do is they play bad teams and they beat bad teams they don't let them stick around.

The 24 points they gave up in the 4th quarter against the (scoreless through the first three quarters) Giants in Philadelphia which required them to kick a field goal with 13 seconds left to win clearly demonstrates this.

Up by six against the Chargers at the half, they were only up by two points with almost seven minutes left in the game. Clearly another demonstration.

They've been on a tear, but they had three out of four weeks where they weren't in the driver's seat where it could easily have gone the other way. It's not like they always blow everybody weak out.

1) That Giants game was in Week 2 when the Giants were fully healthy and had Odell Beckham Jr, Brandon Marshall, Sterling Shepard, etc. Not to mention is was a tough division game which if you pay attention much to the NFC East, those games are almost always highly competitive. Giants season (and credibility for this win) went down the tubes as soon as Odell went down for the year (and shortly thereafter followed by BMarsh).

Just going off memory, I believe the Seahawks only have one win over a team with a winning record too (Rams). Just a weird skewed stat to use. Clearly the Texans-Seahawks game was one of the most fun games I've seen all year (perhaps the best) and at the time, that was a fantastic win for the Seahawks but you look at it now and see the Texans are 4-6. Is that fair to look at that and say, well...not a good win?

2) The Chargers game was nothing more than a tough game on the west coast....you are going to have those types of games regardless of whether you are "good" or not. Seahawks got a taste of that with the Tennessee game this year. Seattle is much better team that the Titans were/are (especially then when you had a healthy secondary) but those games are tough.

Sox-n-Hawks":31te7crt said:
I remember looking down from my seats at home against the Eagles last season to watch RW catch a TD pass. Wentz was "too good" the running game "too strong" We were " too inconsistent." At home in primetime, I have faith the Hawks will prevail. This D-Line is about to eat some lunch.

:| Huh? Wentz was not "too good" last year. The Eagles running game was not "too strong" last year (hint: it sucked). The Eagles were in large part a dumpster fire on both sides of the ball for much of last year (RT was a mess, RBs stunk, WRs couldn't catch a cold, nobody could cover in the secondary, etc). This is a completely different team and shouldn't be compared to the 2016 team even a little bit.

olyfan63

Reaction score
xkj1985x":3aq7w64f said:
Clearly the Texans-Seahawks game was one of the most fun games I've seen all year (perhaps the best) and at the time, that was a fantastic win for the Seahawks but you look at it now and see the Texans are 4-6. Is that fair to look at that and say, well...not a good win?

The Houston Texans team we played was all set to go on a major run, probably win 8 out of next 9 games. Then Watson blows out his ACL the next week in practice. It's hard to think of any other teams that beats that team with DeShaun Watson healthy and playing. Wow, was he amazing, especially for a rookie. The Texans without Watson are like the Packers without Rodgers.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
olyfan63":1a3jgfin said:
xkj1985x":1a3jgfin said:
Clearly the Texans-Seahawks game was one of the most fun games I've seen all year (perhaps the best) and at the time, that was a fantastic win for the Seahawks but you look at it now and see the Texans are 4-6. Is that fair to look at that and say, well...not a good win?

The Houston Texans team we played was all set to go on a major run, probably win 8 out of next 9 games. Then Watson blows out his ACL the next week in practice. It's hard to think of any other teams that beats that team with DeShaun Watson healthy and playing. Wow, was he amazing, especially for a rookie. The Texans without Watson are like the Packers without Rodgers.

But that is exactly what I am saying.....If not for Watson going down, there is a good chance that Houston is playing for a first round bye in the playoffs right now. But the guy brought up the Giants game in Week 2 and stated how the Eagles barely beat them and all I was saying is that the Giants then were healthy.

if Odell Beckham Jr. was still healthy and playing this year, the Giants are probably in the thick of things for a playoff spot right now.

At the end of the day, you can only play who is on your schedule. Philadelphia did slightly benefit from a 4th place schedule since that is where they finished in the NFCE in 2016 but they can only do what is put in front of them.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well doesn't matter the schedule, they get a chance to work out issues and problems without it costing them a win, teams with a tougher schedule don't have the cushion to have mistakes as much, either way with the time they have had to solidify things and develop the young players they can be at a point to make a run on good teams late.

Edit, to finish my thought, they may need to learn Playoff football still, game ramps up another peg as we seen when we were making our first run and lost in Atlanta, also learned the value of home field advantage, but if the cards fall right for them they could be a spoiler if nothing else just by making a team travel and play them if they don't get the #1 seed for the whole thing.

Gio

Reaction score
They have super easy schedule indeed , but Philly this season is no where close to last year Cowboys (imo Philly is way better). Offensively and defensively. It's a tough matchup but like i've said many times , i'm not afraid of any team. We've faces really tough teams and beat them but we lost from weak teams because of some stupid play calls or kicking issues. In order to beat Philly we need to be concentrate the whole game (players and coaching staff).

luigi_sal

Reaction score
This is one of the most important matches of this season for Seattle. A win would mean that loses againtst Redskins and Falcons do not hurt so much and that we are alive in NFC Conference to fight even for the wild-card bye. It would start in the best way the threesome of hard challenges we are going to face. So keep supporting and let's make noise!!!

Popeyejones

Reaction score
renofox":26tuhnfk said:
Strength of schedule to date shows the Eagles as having the 19th toughest schedule. Same list has Seahawks at 31st toughest.

Or you can look at this one, which I think is more accurate. It shows Eagles at 25th and Seahawks at 32nd.

Saying that the Eagles are a paper tiger while ignoring the Seahawks poor record against [one of] the easiest to date schedule in the league is disingenuous, at best.

Yeah, was going to post the same thing.

In addition to being 10-1, the Eagles have also been blowing teams out: across their last five games the average score has been 37-13.

Simply put, the Seahawks have been playing against an easier schedule, losing more against that easier schedule, and winning by less when they do win against that easier schedule.

Still though, this isn't a game that I'd put money on, and it wouldn't even remotely surprise me to see either team win.

Hoping it's a good one, as it has the makings of it.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
chris98251":324d4cx8 said:
Edit, to finish my thought, they may need to learn Playoff football still, game ramps up another peg as we seen when we were making our first run and lost in Atlanta, also learned the value of home field advantage, but if the cards fall right for them they could be a spoiler if nothing else just by making a team travel and play them if they don't get the #1 seed for the whole thing.

Perhaps but a decent chunk of players on the roster have playoff and/or Super Bowl experience (Off the top of my head, I know LeGarrette Blount, Chris Long, Torrey Smith, and Malcolm Jenkins have all played in and won Super Bowls). This isn't a completely green roster but I find some truth in your statement as it pertains to a guy like Wentz so we will see how that shakes out.

In terms this game, I think it simply comes down to the trenches and I think the Eagles are better on both sides of that coin. Certainly on the offensive line and I suppose you could say the defensive line is a wash if you wanted but that is where this will be decided. Should be fun.