Seahawks Vs Eagles Next Week

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Mindsink":3j8106x7 said:
justdrop":3j8106x7 said:
I think it's going to be a close, hold-your-breath kind of game. The Eagles Defensive Strengths play right into Wilson's strengths... they'll force a lot of pressure, then somehow have to hope he doesn't pull off miracle plays on the run.

I think the Seahawks won't have much of a run game at all aside from Wilson, so he's going to have to will your team to victory.

Eagles will score points. I'm hoping their run game is strong and effective.

I actually think the talent of the Eagles' defensive line will be wasted. You see, EVERY defensive line in the NFL forces a lot of pressure vs our O-line. So your D-line really has no advantage here and poses no challenge to Wilson that he already hasn't faced week in and week out.

The Eagles also have a secondary, vs. an offense that takes more deep shots than anyone in the league. So Wilson will be in trouble, unless he and Pete agree to just take what the defense gives them and quit playing for the psychological big play all the time.

jamiller

Reaction score
Lifelong Eagles fan here. I have a LOT of respect for the Seahawks and rooted HARD for them against the Patsies, when they gave one away by not running the ball. Still annoyed by it as I bet 98% of you here are.

One of the things that I see with this Eagles team, versus past Eagles teams (I go back a LONG WAY as I am old), reminds me of your team and the Ravens of a few years ago. This Eagles team smacks opponents in the mouth. They beat them up. Plain and simple. I saw a stat that had six of our opponents losing their next game after playing the Eagles. We have knocked out many players (1 for Carolina; 3 for the Skins and others). Not that I root for injuries, ever. The point is THIS TEAM is tough. They remind me of...the Seahawks with their full complement of defensive players or Balty back a half decade ago, give or take. I really mean it when I say I think they make the other team AFRAID of them by game's end...like your team does and did on D (when healthy).

And they enforce their will. Like Beast Mode on BEAST MODE (which is why you used to give him the damn ball). They run the ball best in the league (close if not tops); they DO NOT LET anyone run on them AT ALL (they held the number 6 rushing team Bears to 6 yards. Not 60. 6 for a whole game COUNTING JUNK TIME AND SCRAMBLES.....).

I just don't think teams that can keep you from running and can run against you can be beaten. I don't mean never, ever. I just mean a really huge, disproportionate amount of the time. Run the ball, control the clock (we allow opponents 2 full series less per game on average), get in the red zone, score, win game.

There is no disrespect for your team or its QB, but I think the Eagles win going away this week. I think we may be the best designed team in the league to match up against your team and RW. We have waves of D linemen who push straight back; we have ends that are quick and contain (occasional overrun of course); we have fast linebackers (not the fastest but fast) to mind the gaps. And our CBs and safeties are VERY good (way underrated actually). And the CBs play screens really well, which I think further translates to containing RW.....Pretty much, exactly what you need to contain a QB laying down 80% of its offense....

RW and the SH will get theirs this week but we will get them a whole bunch more. Here is to a great game and no injuries.

Also, compliments to your beautiful city. It is one of the several great American cities that has a "there" there....

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Great breakdown, here's to hoping you're wrong :2thumbs:

Wentz is the real deal, and what I see from the other side is a team that is well balanced, and is having a lot of fun playing football. That's huge in the success of a team obviously. And 3 running backs that are solid, when we have zero running game to speak of.

Should be a hell of a game, and hopefully no major injuries for either team. Lord knows the Hawks have had some brutal losses. Losing Sherm, Kam and Avril is not only horrible on the field, but their leadership on the field is missed just as much.
Also, NEXT week, we will all be pulling for your Eagles to knock off the Lambs. Get it done.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
jamiller":43m4ohl0 said:
Lifelong Eagles fan here. I have a LOT of respect for the Seahawks and rooted HARD for them against the Patsies, when they gave one away by not running the ball. Still annoyed by it as I bet 98% of you here are.

One of the things that I see with this Eagles team, versus past Eagles teams (I go back a LONG WAY as I am old), reminds me of your team and the Ravens of a few years ago. This Eagles team smacks opponents in the mouth. They beat them up. Plain and simple. I saw a stat that had six of our opponents losing their next game after playing the Eagles. We have knocked out many players (1 for Carolina; 3 for the Skins and others). Not that I root for injuries, ever. The point is THIS TEAM is tough. They remind me of...the Seahawks with their full complement of defensive players or Balty back a half decade ago, give or take. I really mean it when I say I think they make the other team AFRAID of them by game's end...like your team does and did on D (when healthy).

And they enforce their will. Like Beast Mode on BEAST MODE (which is why you used to give him the damn ball). They run the ball best in the league (close if not tops); they DO NOT LET anyone run on them AT ALL (they held the number 6 rushing team Bears to 6 yards. Not 60. 6 for a whole game COUNTING JUNK TIME AND SCRAMBLES.....).

I just don't think teams that can keep you from running and can run against you can be beaten. I don't mean never, ever. I just mean a really huge, disproportionate amount of the time. Run the ball, control the clock (we allow opponents 2 full series less per game on average), get in the red zone, score, win game.

There is no disrespect for your team or its QB, but I think the Eagles win going away this week. I think we may be the best designed team in the league to match up against your team and RW. We have waves of D linemen who push straight back; we have ends that are quick and contain (occasional overrun of course); we have fast linebackers (not the fastest but fast) to mind the gaps. And our CBs and safeties are VERY good (way underrated actually). And the CBs play screens really well, which I think further translates to containing RW.....Pretty much, exactly what you need to contain a QB laying down 80% of its offense....

RW and the SH will get theirs this week but we will get them a whole bunch more. Here is to a great game and no injuries.

Also, compliments to your beautiful city. It is one of the several great American cities that has a "there" there....

At the risk of sounding like a complete homer, our running game already sucks. So you're not taking away anything that we NEED per se. If this was a few years ago then maybe. We're gonna run the ball though to keep you honest. But if you guys stop us from running, don't get too hype

Eagles can beat us if they can completely shut down our passing game. Or, if they have a spy as great as Zach Brown on the Redskins. The teams that you have beaten depend on a running game. Like the Packers, we depend on our QB

I also think we're really great against the run. So really, to beat us you'll have to take advantage of our banged up secondary, like Matt Ryan did. Although, I also think Atlanta has more dynamic weapons on offense, and that with Shaq back we'll be much better than we were against Atlanta on the back end

jamiller

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":4i4ln0tc said:
Great breakdown, here's to hoping you're wrong :2thumbs:

Wentz is the real deal, and what I see from the other side is a team that is well balanced, and is having a lot of fun playing football. That's huge in the success of a team obviously. And 3 running backs that are solid, when we have zero running game to speak of.

Should be a hell of a game, and hopefully no major injuries for either team. Lord knows the Hawks have had some brutal losses. Losing Sherm, Kam and Avril is not only horrible on the field, but their leadership on the field is missed just as much.
Also, NEXT week, we will all be pulling for your Eagles to knock off the Lambs. Get it done.

We will beat the Rams.

Goff, is greatly improved. And he along with Wentz, Dak, Watson and others are several young QBs that represent the next generation. Brees, Brady (who is a robot), and Palmer, et al. are the old guard on their way out (hopefully with Brady anyway). RW would be middle aged in this scenario. But youngish in the sense of injury free; old with experience.

But Goff will not handle our rush. Everyone knows that the Coach is calling his plays. We rarely blitz anyway so not much to call against. If anything I think RW presents a far greater challenge because he makes it all up as he goes. Goff is working to a script and seldom improvises. Hard to deal with it all on the fly.

They are good and I expect they will give you, the Eagles and the NFC fits for years to come, but I think we got them, so we will leave you both where you were before we played you both. And oddly I feel a stumble for them in AZ. No real reason just a weird feeling.

jamiller

Reaction score
Scorpion05":qoo5dudl said:
jamiller":qoo5dudl said:

At the risk of sounding like a complete homer, our running game already sucks. So you're not taking away anything that we NEED per se. If this was a few years ago then maybe. We're gonna run the ball though to keep you honest. But if you guys stop us from running, don't get too hype

Eagles can beat us if they can completely shut down our passing game. Or, if they have a spy as great as Zach Brown on the Redskins. The teams that you have beaten depend on a running game. Like the Packers, we depend on our QB

I also think we're really great against the run. So really, to beat us you'll have to take advantage of our banged up secondary, like Matt Ryan did. Although, I also think Atlanta has more dynamic weapons on offense, and that with Shaq back we'll be much better than we were against Atlanta on the back end

I understand this about the run. It is the way we play it though as well. The Eagles "hit the runner on the way to the QB." This means we don't overrun gaps and we are looking heads up coming in. THIS more than anything leads me to believe that RW will have a tough time back there. His strength is creating space and time, like he is bending it to his will and then he crushes these ridiculous passes. The Eagles rush will give him little time and less space to squeak and squiggle out of (at least GOING FORWARD). I think he will still roll them ragged. But the Eagles LBs are pretty quick to the gap and the edge. This again is a neutralizer.

Look, I am BEYOND A HOMER ( I think I actually play for or at least coach the Eagles) so I could be talking out my a@#, but I really think that we are the damn near best team possible to contain RW.

As for your line against the run, I agree. Where I am a happy fan finally, is that this Coach doesn't go Andy Reid on the game and stop the run. If it doesn't work, he keeps running. Maybe they change the type of run or the placement or decide to do a wham play instead of straight up blocking or WHATEVER. But they don't give up and that wears down the D. And like you said, it also keeps the D honest. Which creates....say it with me...time and space...for CW to do his thing (which frankly IS NOT RW, but he is mobile and he sure can throw too).

One thing is FOR SURE. Both teams' QBs are going to do a couple of "what the hell, how did he do thats...." So it will be an exciting game anyway.

StoneCold

Reaction score
This is the toughest and most pivotal game of our season. Eagles have a very good Dline and we have a suspect Oline. Not a recipe for confidence, but we do have Russell and our D, while banged up, is still capable of making enough plays to hold the Eagles to 20 points. If the Eagles are able to harass Russell we will likely lose. If Russell can get some time, escape some and get a whiff of a running game we have a fighting chance. The first two we've seen often enough to be very possible, the running game? Not that I think it will come down to that, but if the Oline can't slow their Dline it is one of the only things that can slow down the rush. Need to use quick passes, rollouts and screens.

This will likely be another episode of "Russell! Run for your life!"

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It won't matter whether you contain RW or not.

We won't bother to try to score a TD for 3 quarters until you take the lead, sometimes not even then.

You could literally go out there in punt defense the entire game and we would find a way to avoid scoring TDs.

You don't have to worry about containing RW, because our coaches are doing enough to keep him well contained.

jamiller

Reaction score
StoneCold":xauiw2gj said:
This is the toughest and most pivotal game of our season. Eagles have a very good Dline and we have a suspect Oline. Not a recipe for confidence, but we do have Russell and our D, while banged up, is still capable of making enough plays to hold the Eagles to 20 points. If the Eagles are able to harass Russell we will likely lose. If Russell can get some time, escape some and get a whiff of a running game we have a fighting chance. The first two we've seen often enough to be very possible, the running game? Not that I think it will come down to that, but if the Oline can't slow their Dline it is one of the only things that can slow down the rush. Need to use quick passes, rollouts and screens.

This will likely be another episode of "Russell! Run for your life!"

Toughest- I agree. But I am hugely biased. Can't even see straight Eagles biased.

Most pivotal-no. If you win then yes, HUGE HELP. If you lose and are 7-5, Rams may have 1 but may have 2 up. We beat the Rams and you are 1 back again or even should they choke this week, right? Your MOST PIVOTAL game is the Rams...Division, division, division. You have forgotten this because you have been at the top for a while (3 out of 4). Win division, make playoffs. Start the real season.

QUICK passes worked for She-li and the Gints but Eli got them off .7 seconds faster than all other human QBs that week. Is that even replicable? I have no idea if RW can even throw that fast as he always seems to have the fricken ball in his hands for 5 or 6 seconds....Note that the Eagles were playing soft as we had no Cox (see what I did there?) and were missing CBs....the Gints rolled up and down the field but did not take the day as they got into the RZ and it all tightened up.

But this truly may be all about our linebackers versus RW on screens and rolls and scrambles.....Here I do not feel crazy confident. Good, yes. Better than even money, yes. Great-no...we need something to go our way. We need him to zig into our zig and zag into our zag....I think.

Or maybe I am wrong and the pass rush is overwhelming. It was for Cam. He got some yards but they eliminated the middle and pushed him to the edge. I would be interested in the stats on it but it SEEMS TO ME that RW is MOST dangerous in the middle of the field and stepping up and in as opposed to just rolling out....

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Win, and Seattle sees its FPI chances of making the playoffs jump from 60 percent to 78 percent. Lose, and those chances drop to 44 percent. It’s the biggest difference between a win and a loss this season

OP
OP
SlickRick

SlickRick

Reaction score
Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, and Russell Wilson are the only quarterbacks that No matter the opponent, no matter how bad the team around them is, no matter the injuries, they will give there team a shot to win every single game they play

original poster

Reaction score
An Eagles fan genuinely said the Seahawks rely on ref assistance to move the ball.

The Seahawks, relying on the refs. Say that in your head again and try not to smile.

Total denial.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
original poster":2c8p000e said:
An Eagles fan genuinely said the Seahawks rely on ref assistance to move the ball.

The Seahawks, relying on the refs. Say that in your head again and try not to smile.

Total denial.

There were some ticky tacky PI/Defensive holding calls in the first quarter.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Seems like there would be a lot of plates of crow this week. Oh well, so many assumed the Hawks would lose and/or get blown out. Shoot, many said the Eagles would put up a 30 or 40 burger. How cute :lol:

adeltaY

Reaction score
There was a drive we had extended that was almost as bad as the one where AZ had something like 5 first downs from penalties and scored a TD. It goes both ways, I guess, but by the end of it the Eagles only had 6 or so accepted penalties.

Latest posts