Seahawks Vs Eagles Next Week

Seymour

Reaction score
Biscanebay12":304pa3c5 said:
xkj1985x":304pa3c5 said:
Scorpion05":304pa3c5 said:
400WattHPSHawk":304pa3c5 said:
The way some of you critique our teams doesn't even logically match up with the point spread across the league. The Eagles even struggled against the Niners, so I don't buy that we can't win this game. That's not homerism that's basic logic and reason

Eagles beat the 9ers by 23. There was zero “struggle” in that game.

Hawks only beat 9ers by 3, AT THE CLINK with Kam and Sherman and Carson

FTFY.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Biscanebay12":1q2xalfw said:
xkj1985x":1q2xalfw said:
Scorpion05":1q2xalfw said:
400WattHPSHawk":1q2xalfw said:
The way some of you critique our teams doesn't even logically match up with the point spread across the league. The Eagles even struggled against the Niners, so I don't buy that we can't win this game. That's not homerism that's basic logic and reason

Hawks only beat 9ers by 3, AT THE CLINK

Not last Sunday, they didn't.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":17x9ekv9 said:
Polaris":17x9ekv9 said:
pittpnthrs":17x9ekv9 said:
Scorpion05":17x9ekv9 said:
And when, in the history of EVER has a Pete Carroll team gotten blown out? Especially in the Russell Wilson era?

The last two seasons in the playoffs.

Seattle wasn't blown out by Carolina. You may remember it that way because of the first half, but Seattle came damn near to pulling out an epic comeback and the game ended within a score IIRC.

Seattle did lose to Atlanta last year by 16, but I still wouldn't characterize it as a blowout.

Oh come on. Rivera took his foot off the pedal and basically went prevent the entire second half. If they would have continued with their game plan in the 2nd, they would have put up 60 against us. To think otherwise is just being delusional.

14 of Carolina's points came off fluke plays.

You're trying REALLY hard to paint Seattle in a poor light so that you can justify a coaching change.

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2w0wyyi6 said:
Biscanebay12":2w0wyyi6 said:
xkj1985x":2w0wyyi6 said:

Not last Sunday, they didn't.

That wasn't at Clink. Levi's stadium is our new home field advantage since nobody else shows up.

Polaris

Reaction score
Biscanebay12":h5q7xwih said:
xkj1985x":h5q7xwih said:
Scorpion05":h5q7xwih said:
400WattHPSHawk":h5q7xwih said:

And Seattle beat San Fran AT Santa Clara by eleven, and it wasn't that close. BTW the same applied to the game in Seattle. That game was also never in doubt. [Remember that the last TD for San Fran happened with literally no time left on the clock after San Fran essentially gave Seattle the game by killing the clock for Seattle.]

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":16z5wyb2 said:
pittpnthrs":16z5wyb2 said:
Polaris":16z5wyb2 said:
pittpnthrs":16z5wyb2 said:

Seattle wasn't blown out by Carolina. You may remember it that way because of the first half, but Seattle came damn near to pulling out an epic comeback and the game ended within a score IIRC.

Seattle did lose to Atlanta last year by 16, but I still wouldn't characterize it as a blowout.

Oh come on. Rivera took his foot off the pedal and basically went prevent the entire second half. If they would have continued with their game plan in the 2nd, they would have put up 60 against us. To think otherwise is just being delusional.

You're trying REALLY hard to paint Seattle in a poor light so that you can justify a coaching change.

Any excuses for the other 17 points?

They were up 31. Nobody needs to try REALLY hard to paint a team in poor light with that kind of a deficit. It speaks for itself.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Geezus man, are you gonna' start complaining about games from the 80's now too?
If they win on Sunday, will be interesting to see your excuses for why they won. Or, act like it's not good enough because they lost some playoff game from 3 years ago, and that somehow is relevant to 2017.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":aw59vyhk said:
Geezus man, are you gonna' start complaining about games from the 80's now too?
If they win on Sunday, will be interesting to see your excuses for why they won. Or, act like it's not good enough because they lost some playoff game from 3 years ago, and that somehow is relevant to 2017.

I'm not the one who brought up a Pete Carroll coached Seahawks team never being dominated. I just stated its simply not true and gave examples.

Polaris

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":ap64y6se said:
MontanaHawk05":ap64y6se said:
pittpnthrs":ap64y6se said:
Polaris":ap64y6se said:

Any excuses for the other 17 points?

They were up 31. Nobody needs to try REALLY hard to paint a team in poor light with that kind of a deficit. It speaks for itself.

And Seattle very nearly made up the entire deficit. Not a blowout.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
Polaris":gsvgfvh2 said:
Biscanebay12":gsvgfvh2 said:
xkj1985x":gsvgfvh2 said:

And Seattle beat San Fran AT Santa Clara by eleven, and it wasn't that close. BTW the same applied to the game in Seattle. That game was also never in doubt. [Remember that the last TD for San Fran happened with literally no time left on the clock after San Fran essentially gave Seattle the game by killing the clock for Seattle.]

Denial is a terrible thing. The window for the Hawks is slowly closing. It happens to all NFL teams.

#1 The 9ers only lost by 3 at the Clink, with a healthy Hawk team, when was the last time you saw that?

#2 Last game Hawks won by only 11, this time to a team that leads the league in rookie snaps including the QB and has well over 600 more than the team with the next highest number of rookie snaps, the Saints. 9ers also lead the league in number of players on season ending I.R.

Again we are talking about the 1-10 9ers, and you want to argue a comparison to the 10-1 Eagles. I will give you credit for being quite the optimist.

NINEster

Reaction score
The Eagles have been due to beat the Seahawks for some time but haven't put it together.

2011, the dream team Eagles got hit at Qwest by the dose of that Hawk D to come.

2014 the Eagles caught the Seahawks at the wrong time of the season, and Chip's offense was already Carrolled.

2016 Wentz was not ready for prime time.

Any given Sunday, but if the Eagles don't beat the Hawks in Seattle they may not be ready for prime time yet.

However, with the way the records are set up, any potential playoff rematch will be at the Linc.

NINEster

Reaction score
Biscanebay12":3jug8oc7 said:
Polaris":3jug8oc7 said:
Biscanebay12":3jug8oc7 said:
xkj1985x":3jug8oc7 said:

Denial is a terrible thing. The window for the Hawks is slowly closing. It happens to all NFL teams.

#1 The 9ers only lost by 3 at the Clink, with a healthy Hawk team, when was the last time you saw that?

#2 Last game Hawks won by only 11, this time to a team that leads the league in rookie snaps including the QB and has well over 600 more than the team with the next highest number of rookie snaps, the Saints. 9ers also lead the league in number of players on season ending I.R.

Again we are talking about the 1-10 9ers, and you want to argue a comparison to the 10-1 Eagles. I will give you credit for being quite the optimist.

The Niners not getting smashed at Century Link is an indictment on the Hawks this season not being a powerful team.

Studded Niner teams got smashed twice in a row playing there. Nobody won up there except for teams like the Cardinals who lucked out. When Michael Floyd gets his gold jacket in Canton, he can say he did the impossible catching a winning TD in that stadium during it's height of destruction. :mrgreen:

So the idea that the Hawks offense being slow to start the season is a non factor. The year prior, the Niners "got the Hawks" on track. There's a nice Shack thread I created where the Hawks looked like they just got off the plane from New Jersey, February 2014.

Not this season.

Pete's gonna have to find some magic elixirs on defense or running game, because Mr. 84% of the offense will not be able to carry the team by himself for much longer.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":afuw1bxt said:
Polaris":afuw1bxt said:
pittpnthrs":afuw1bxt said:
Scorpion05":afuw1bxt said:
And when, in the history of EVER has a Pete Carroll team gotten blown out? Especially in the Russell Wilson era?

The most annoying thing is to see people make declarations without either watching film or supporting it with facts.

So please, actually watch film. And you'll see that the Panthers were NOT in prevent defense. That TD to Lockett or Kearse for example were not on prevent plays.

We got pummeled early because we weren't prepared with the right cleats, etc. Once we fixed that, we shut down their offense. Period. Had this been the reverse, you would be bashing the Seahawks for almost choking the game. It just fascinates me how for some of you your conclusions are entirely based on how you can come to a negative conclusion about your own team

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Lol. We're blaming a 31 point deficit on cleats now? :34853_doh:

If you honestly think that Carolina didnt take their foot off the pedal and quit being aggressive in the 2nd half, I dont know what to tell you.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
LOL Yes, because idk, teams use different cleats for different fields? That was a major complaint, and they fixed it. The defense was much better from there on out

And yes, from watching the film there was no "foot off the pedal." Russell was still getting pummeled, pressured. Made some amazing throws to get us back in it. The only people who believe Carolina went easy on us are well..Carolina fans.

OP
OP
SlickRick

SlickRick

Reaction score
Sorry I haven't posted much, busy during weekdays, 4 days away from Eagles Vs Seahawks. A lot of people picking the eagles. Vegas has them as a 6+ favorite. Seattle will pull off the upset.

justdrop

Reaction score
I think it's going to be a close, hold-your-breath kind of game. The Eagles Defensive Strengths play right into Wilson's strengths... they'll force a lot of pressure, then somehow have to hope he doesn't pull off miracle plays on the run.

I think the Seahawks won't have much of a run game at all aside from Wilson, so he's going to have to will your team to victory.

Eagles will score points. I'm hoping their run game is strong and effective.

Mindsink

Reaction score
justdrop":k2xkmh7s said:
I think it's going to be a close, hold-your-breath kind of game. The Eagles Defensive Strengths play right into Wilson's strengths... they'll force a lot of pressure, then somehow have to hope he doesn't pull off miracle plays on the run.

I think the Seahawks won't have much of a run game at all aside from Wilson, so he's going to have to will your team to victory.

I actually think the talent of the Eagles' defensive line will be wasted. You see, EVERY defensive line in the NFL forces a lot of pressure vs our O-line. So your D-line really has no advantage here and poses no challenge to Wilson that he already hasn't faced week in and week out.

Of course we won't have much of a run game aside from Wilson. Even Barry Sanders would have trouble navigating through constant waves of defensive players in the backfield.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
Mindsink":612hamey said:
justdrop":612hamey said:

I actually think the talent of the Eagles' defensive line will be wasted. You see, EVERY defensive line in the NFL forces a lot of pressure vs our O-line. So your D-line really has no advantage here and poses no challenge to Wilson that he already hasn't faced week in and week out.

:0190l: :0190l: :0190l:

Latest posts