Seahawks Will Win Another Super Bowl By 2022. Book It.

Elemas

Reaction score
Disagree. I believe Carroll and Schneider have been incredible and from a FO perspective, visionaries with the draft.

But...we've also made some poor decisions with player acquisitions & trades.

As for coaching, stubbornness simply doesn't work in today's league. The mentality has to shift but I highly doubt it will.

Additionally, who knows what happens in the draft, trades....etc...but as it stands, we have around 6-7 positions that need to vastly improve talent wise. Not talking LOB or All-Pro level...but, surely improved.

Edge rusher, corner, kicker, receiver, OLB...to name a few.

Proud of the team this year but, I'm not seeing a SB in our 3 year future. Hope I'm wrong!

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I agree with Spin Doctor.
I also believe that Pete does NOT place a high enough value on our kicking game. WE NEED A CONSISTENT KICKER. Until he and JS find one, there will be 2-3 losses a year that could have been and should have been wins.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
soxhawk":dlrf9t87 said:
Spin Doctor":dlrf9t87 said:
Seahwkgal":dlrf9t87 said:
I just knew the Debbie Downers would pipe in. Hey, I heard that the Patriots bandwagon is open. Join up.
How dare we have a different opinion than you.

And to the guy who said he'd rather have Luck over Wilson I wouldn't. He had a pretty bad injury that could be problematic as he ages. He could play in this system, he's deceptively mobile, and he doesn't have the worst deep ball, but he tends to gamble too much for Pete's liking. Luck isn't afraid to take huge risk, that isn't Pete's MO on offense. The entire system is designed to limit turnovers. We explicitly avoid certain areas of the field, and certain types of routes to cut down on turnovers.

That's true, but I was more implying that if we pay Wilson like a QB who's an offense's focal point, we're overspending in an offense that doesn't really rely on him that much.

You are really underestimating his value. You pay QB's to throw TD's and not throw INT's and show up big in the 4th quarter. That's all you need from a QB. Paying someone to throw garbage yards and checkdowns between the 20's is a more ridiculous proposition. Let the expendable RB's handle the grunt work and leave the big time plays to your big time QB. Wilson was and has always been clutch and big time. That's what earns you the big money.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Mad Dog":3jof4oxi said:
soxhawk":3jof4oxi said:
Spin Doctor":3jof4oxi said:
Seahwkgal":3jof4oxi said:
I just knew the Debbie Downers would pipe in. Hey, I heard that the Patriots bandwagon is open. Join up.
How dare we have a different opinion than you.

And to the guy who said he'd rather have Luck over Wilson I wouldn't. He had a pretty bad injury that could be problematic as he ages. He could play in this system, he's deceptively mobile, and he doesn't have the worst deep ball, but he tends to gamble too much for Pete's liking. Luck isn't afraid to take huge risk, that isn't Pete's MO on offense. The entire system is designed to limit turnovers. We explicitly avoid certain areas of the field, and certain types of routes to cut down on turnovers.

That's true, but I was more implying that if we pay Wilson like a QB who's an offense's focal point, we're overspending in an offense that doesn't really rely on him that much.

You are really underestimating his value. You pay QB's to throw TD's and not throw INT's and show up big in the 4th quarter. That's all you need from a QB. Paying someone to throw garbage yards and checkdowns between the 20's is a more ridiculous proposition. Let the expendable RB's handle the grunt work and leave the big time plays to your big time QB. Wilson was and has always been clutch and big time. That's what earns you the big money.
Luck isn't a garbage time QB, he's actually become a very solid NFL QB. He doesn't just throw check downs either, the guy can sling it. His INT percentage isn't that bad either if you consider that he threw the ball almost twice as much as Russ did. He just plays on really poor teams where he either carries hard or they flat out lose. He actually had only 1 less 4th quarter comebacks than Wilson this year. In 2017 he had even more 4th Quarter comebacks and game winning drives than Wilson did. Luck ain't half bad is what I'm trying to say.

Now, as far as Wilson goes, him being worth it with his current role is absolutely up for debate. It isn't his fault either, more so Pete's. I've never seen a head coach put as many handicaps on a star QB. We flat out refuse to run plays that are staples in just about every offense, and we seem to only give him limited audible opportunity. What is worse is we often trot out our offense with little time left for adjustment, meaning audibles aren't really an option. Furthermore, we passed less than any team in the NFL. He's going to get paid by us, and I sincerely hope that Pete gets over himself, or else we're going to be in for hard times.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Agree that probably won't win one unless pete can learn to adapt to personnel and opponent. Year we won was a defense that could possibly be the best ever. Also had russ on a cheap draft contract. Now that Pete has to deal with the cap, he is still very effective and a very good defensive coach, just cant get over the hump of realizing that you can slightly tweak your strategy game to game.

If you want to be the best, look at what the best are doing and improve upon it. Pete is a better defensive coach and I believe also better at developing defensive talent than belichick. If he adopts belichick's strengths of identifying and taking advantage of the oppositions weaknesses, while at the same time strategizing and offensively scheming around the parts you have vs the parts you wish you had, we could do it.

I love Pete and want him to retire here. I like his attitude, and the attitude of the hawks. They also are really community involved under pete. I think we for sure have pretty good chances every year to win the division and/or make the playoffs. There is also a very slim chance of a Lombardi, but we would have to get lucky as I think Pete is just too stubborn to make the strategic adjustments. I'm good with just making the playoffs, but not at all good at seeing the boneheaded lack of adjustment we saw in that wildcard game. That was infuriating and not at all fun to watch

Sealake80

Reaction score
Is there a better story for the NFL?

If the answer is Yes: No

If the answer is No: Yes

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I hope you are correct Aros but if the refereeing is the same, I highly doubt it. If the refs can dictate the outcome of games as they did in NFC Championship game...they will keep the Seahawks from another championship. Seahawks are one of the most physical teams in football. They will find ways to justify their calls against the Seahawks and prevent them from winning any meaningful games. The game of football is no longer a level field for everyone. It's about who has the most attractive storyline going today. The NFL execs wanted a Pats-Rams SB (from the remaining teams) and they got it.

soxhawk

Reaction score
Why would they want Rams/Pats? A non fan base and a tired fan base isn't gonna drum up interest. Chiefs saints would've been much more interesting. Seahawks Chiefs even more so.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
soxhawk":3osvdzzr said:
Why would they want Rams/Pats? A non fan base and a tired fan base isn't gonna drum up interest. Chiefs saints would've been much more interesting. Seahawks Chiefs even more so.
Oh the NFL wants the Rams in..
They think they have this huge market like NY but it doesn't ever work
the way they need it to..You see all these teams leaving ever since
they came to LA ..History has repeated itself there.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Seems very fishy that the Rams are magically handed a Super Bowl when they are having a hard time with attendance AND are getting a new stadium. Not to mention, they went 20 years w/out football. What better way to fill the seats than have the Refs ignore an obvious call that puts the Rams in the Superb Owl. :roll:

soxhawk

Reaction score
"Rams are magically handed a Super Bowl"

The Rams we arguably the best team in the league this season. Don't think they'll have trouble filling seats once the new stadium is opened, super bowl or not.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, they had a Super Bowl taken away on the worst non-call we have ever seen so..........
I just don't get the Rams worship that's all. They are a damn good team, no doubt. I just don't think they have any business being in this game.

soxhawk

Reaction score
Well, they took care of us the last 3 times we've faced each other. Don't know who's "worshipping" the Rams here, but they certainly deserve to be in the Super Bowl. Saints should've blown 'em out in the Superdome if they were that much better.

Could also argue the Patriots are Super Bowl impostors too, had the Chiefs offense showed up in the first half of the AFC Championship.

soxhawk

Reaction score
Why bother playing the game then? One play doesn't define a game. That's like blaming XLIX on one play. Missing the big picture...conspiracy theories or not.