Seattle beers

TzarokHawkFan

Reaction score
Basis4day":2f83ejb5 said:
Manny's. But you can only get it locally in Seattle. All i really drink when i'm up from the Bay Area.

Can get Manny's over on the east side in Tri-Cities. I plan on having a growler or 2 filled up for this weekend.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I would just love to take this opportunity to point out how wonderfully dated the OP's user name is.

Remember when we thought THAT was the future? Oy Vay....

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
TzarokHawkFan":5q7swzr5 said:
Basis4day":5q7swzr5 said:
Manny's. But you can only get it locally in Seattle. All i really drink when i'm up from the Bay Area.

Can get Manny's over on the east side in Tri-Cities. I plan on having a growler or 2 filled up for this weekend.

If you don't mind my asking, where? That sounds delicious.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
New Jersey is not known for having package stores with wide selections of regional/micro/craft brews from around the country. With the exception of the grocery stores, everything is very 'mom and pop' (limited selection), and the microbrews carried in the grocery stores are mostly from that region, as the Adirondacks/upstate NY/etc. is prime brewing country, much like CO and OR. So you're going to find 'local' beers like Saranac rather than stuff from the west coast, let alone Seattle. So unless you go into NYC where the in-store selection is better (and absurdly priced), your best bet is to just keep your eyes peeled for either Redhook (as prev. mentioned in this thread) or Pyramid. Another thing you might want to try doing is looking up some Seattle-based brewing companies online and seeing if they have a section on their website which allows you to search for where their stuff is sold. Most moderately-evolved brewing companies have that on their websites now (I know Pyramid does), which makes it really easy.

ErikG803

Reaction score
The Fremont beers are all pretty tasty. I don't like their IPA so much actually, a little too flowery for me -- but it's still a solid choice among a few other good varieties.

Got myself a 22 of Stone Best By DIPA for the game this week. Also brewed some of my own amber ale a few weeks back that should be ready any day now.

Husky Seahawk

Reaction score
Elysian Brewery puts out the best beers locally. If you like hoppy brews, they have an IPA by the name Savant. It would have to be in my top 5 of all time. Usually it is harder to find but my local QFC had a few 22's last week (I bought about half of 'em). Elysian also does a seasonal winter ale called Bifrost which is probably my second favorite thing about winter (The first obviously being our beloved Seahawks).

One brewery that I have recently been appreciating is Odin Brewing Company. They have a nice selection and I have enjoyed most of what I have tried. If you like Belgian beers, theirs is called Thor's Equinox. It is definitely the best Belgian beer I have had.

I know many people love Manny's, but the Lucille IPA is also made by Georgetown Brewery and it is most excellent (also one of my top 5).

Honestly, Seattle has so many fantastic breweries that it would be hard to make a bad decision. Just find something that looks good/interesting and more than likely you will enjoy it.

TzarokHawkFan

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":3fzo5enl said:
TzarokHawkFan":3fzo5enl said:
Basis4day":3fzo5enl said:

Liquor store by Safeway on Kennewick Ave and 395. Manny's is one of their permanent taps

TzarokHawkFan

Reaction score
TzarokHawkFan":3n46quc0 said:
Hawk Strap":3n46quc0 said:
TzarokHawkFan":3n46quc0 said:
Basis4day":3n46quc0 said:

Liquor store by Safeway on Kennewick Ave and 395. Manny's is one of their permanent taps

OH, also, Mid Columbia Wine and Spirits out by the mall had it a few weeks ago also

Green13

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":pbv8tv15 said:
Green13":pbv8tv15 said:
Depends on your location. If you are outside of Washington most Seattle beers are probably not distributed in your area. Where are you?

I own a restaurant with 120+ beers on the menu. I believe the best beers on the planet are brewed on the West Coast of the United States. But, and I hate to say it, but Colorado is really good at making beer, too. But screw those fools! I'm taking all CO. beers of the menu!

What restaurant?

The Toad House in East Bremerton. Come in and say hi!

korboko

Reaction score
No one mentions Rainier Beer? Oh right.... that's what only hipsters drink.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I got here in 86...a friend and me used to drink quarts of them Raindeer beers. They are not around too much any more. I think I see them in Oregon. I am gonna have to check the Co-op for that too. but that stuff is a bit harsh on me now. :)

Latest posts