Seattle Mariners @ NY Yankees Aug 1-4

sutz

Reaction score
We'll be lucky to get one of these with half of our lineup out on the IL.

TODAY'S PITCHING PROBABLES:
Mariners: Marco Gonzales (6-10, 3.66 ERA, 1.35 WHIP, 60 strikeouts)

Yankees: Domingo German (0-1, 8.22 ERA, 1.83 WHIP, nine strikeouts)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marco is going to get lit up. Hope I’m wrong.
Can we not throw any fastballs to Judge this series?
Make him hit the breaking ball, or better yet just walk him.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
This here is exactly why we traded for Castillo. Nobody would trust Marco to start a playoff game.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
And they pitch to Judge with a man on base. 5-1 Yanks.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
And they pitch to Judge with a man on base. 5-1 Yanks.
View attachment 53877
Worse yet they throw him a first pitch fastball. His double was also on the fastball. Marco’s fastball is batting practice.

This team is really dumb at times. I’m a Joe Nobody and even I know you don’t throw first pitch fastballs to Judge. …and Marco and the Mariners are surprised by the result, every time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
They said it was a cutter, but it in any event didn't get far enough inside. It should have been off the plate.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
They said it was a cutter, but it in any event didn't get far enough inside. It should have been off the plate.
Cutter is a fastball with movement. Marco’s fastballs (all types) are batting practice. He needs to throw more of speed pitches, change up, curve, slider.

Wish he would embrace the Jamie Moyer school of pitching, slow, slower, slowest, and rarely throw the fastball.

Problem is he and the Mariners still think his fastball is good.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Nothing but change ups to Judge and he strikes out?
No shit! < sarcasm off >

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Horrible game. Piss poor pitching by Marco, piss poor AB’s by most of the lineup.

Kelenic’s stance is too open and stretched. He is too slow to the ball. Close the stance a bit and shorten the swing. Until then he’s getting owned on the outer half of the plate, and is going to get tied up on the inner half.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
BP Marco strikes again. This team isn't good enough on offense WITH all their guys. Without their best 2 or 3 hitters? They just don't stand a chance, period.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
With all the guys we have out, I would be plenty happy with even getting 1 out of 3 in this series. Yankees are fricken loaded. M's are just a shell of their full selves w/out Julio and France

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Well, with a little luck maybe Logan today and Castillo tomorrow can keep the games close. We might have a shot in a low scoring affair. Doesn't happen a lot in that stadium, though.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm surprised more talk hasn't come out about how they magically threw right at Julio and put him on the IL. I mean, the very first batter the next game, the M's throw at Altuve.
that......was..........awesome

Ruminator

Reaction score
Horrible game. Piss poor pitching by Marco, piss poor AB’s by most of the lineup.

Kelenic’s stance is too open and stretched. He is too slow to the ball. Close the stance a bit and shorten the swing. Until then he’s getting owned on the outer half of the plate, and is going to get tied up on the inner half.
At the beginning of the 14-game win streak, it seemed like the light went on in the minds of some of our batters. That needs to happen again.

Latest posts