Seattle Seahawks' Tyler Lockett says fans should cheer for Russell Wilson on Monday night

Mizak

Reaction score

you guys agree with Lockett?

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I think pregame a polite clap has been earned. Then extremely loud cheers when he throws his 3rd INT.

toffee

Reaction score
I shall clap five times, two for the ring, one each for two conference championships, one for children's hospital. no more, no less.

NoChops

Reaction score
Loved what he did on the field but he went out like a punk in the end with his "I wanna play here forever crap" If I were going I'd boo him.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I think noE needs to 'get some'.

and that's all i got to say about that. Just read that story about a month ago - kinda weird.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
While Tyler is a class act, my bet is that Russ called him and asked him to put out a word.

Afterall, booing wouldn't reflect well on the brand during Monday night football - the pundits would have a field day - can't have anything marring RW3's so carefully crafted image. (Sarcasm off).

Remember Bobby's statement in March that Russ tried to recruit him to Denver?

Here's a refresher:
(The topic begins around the 2:00 mark)

Two days later, Bobby takes back the statement. My guess is that Wilson called him and asked that he retract it.

This smells of publicity management. Another reason to believe he's smarmy.

Edit for spelling.

Last edited:

kidhawk

Reaction score
I agree with his explanation, but not his conclusion. Absolutely he wanted to do what was best for him and his family, and yes he's done so much for us as a team, but on the flip side, let's all just agree, it's only a game, and whether a player gets booed or not doesn't necessarily have any bearing on how a fan may feel about the person beneath the helmet. When Russ retires, if he is so inclined, I'd welcome him back with open arms to include him in the ring of honor, but as long as he wears another Jersey and takes the field against us, I cannot root for him, only against him.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Huh, and here on this board many have convinced themselves Russ is universally hated by his team mates and and even by lockett himself. Its almost like some of the posters here are projecting how they feel about Russ onto everyone else.

John63

Reaction score
Huh, and here on this board many have convinced themselves Russ is universally hated by his team mates and and even by lockett himself. Its almost like some of the posters here are projecting how they feel about Russ onto everyone else.
Bingo!!!

Rat

Reaction score
If he had just finished his contract and moved on, I'd agree. But he tried to orchestrate his way out behind the scenes while trying to look like he did nothing. I don't respect fake people, and I definitely don't cheer for them. I hope he gets booed so bad he has to fake an injury every time he needs to come here in the future.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
If he had just finished his contract and moved on, I'd agree. But he tried to orchestrate his way out behind the scenes while trying to look like he did nothing. I don't respect fake people, and I definitely don't cheer for them. I hope he gets booed so bad he has to fake an injury every time he needs to come here in the future.
Yes, Russ should have told the entire world he and Pete were not seeing eye to eye any more. Pete should have too. They should have held a press conference and announced it.
Good gravy we have odd (and unrealistic) expectations around here. By the way the Seahawks at least considered drafting his replacement and listened to trade offers as well. Not saying they shouldn't have just pointing out this is a business and no one is tied to an organization just like the organization isn't tied to you. This doesn't make Russ a fake or any other worker out there that looks for a new company to work for.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Just curious is this how you guys view Jamal Adams too? He forced his way out over money.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Just curious is this how you guys view Jamal Adams too? He forced his way out over money.
Seahawks organization >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Olympia Men's Bowling Leauge>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the Jets

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Ahh, so its totally cool for Adams to want out for money but Russ wanting out because he didn't like the direction of the franchise (which is your point about the Jets I do believe) is totally wrong.