Seattle Seahawks' Tyler Lockett says fans should cheer for Russell Wilson on Monday night

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Ahh, so its totally cool for Adams to want out for money but Russ wanting out because he didn't like the direction of the franchise (which is your point about the Jets I do believe) is totally wrong.
Yeah, the Jets F'n suck.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I have confidence that you will be able to connect the dots of hypocrisy here at some point.

OP
OP
M

Mizak

Reaction score
Idc what Lockett says.

I hope Russ gets disrespected hard out there Monday night
You don’t care what he says but he and DK vouched for Geno to be starting QB. Did you care then?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Wilson was instrumental in getting this city a SB victory, something we were screwed out of before.
For that alone, he should be cheered.

In the same way when Pete finally retires (if that ever happens) even though he squandered years of potential with this team, and even though he engaged in everything from nepotism to lazy coaching, I will cheer him once he leaves ....if he ever returns to the stadium.

Because without him there is no SB win. Just like without Wilson there is no SB win.

Anyone connected with helping this city achieve that incredible outcome should get cheered just for that.

But you do you.

rjdriver

Reaction score
As a Seahawk fan for over four decades, I've made a habit of not cheering for the other team.

I'll cheer for Russ again when he's in a suit being recognized for his Seahawk contributions.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Wilson was instrumental in getting this city a SB victory, something we were screwed out of before.
For that alone, he should be cheered.

In the same way when Pete finally retires (if that ever happens) even though he squandered years of potential with this team, and even though he engaged in everything from nepotism to lazy coaching, I will cheer him once he leaves ....if he ever returns to the stadium.

Because without him there is no SB win. Just like without Wilson there is no SB win.

Anyone connected with helping this city achieve that incredible outcome should get cheered just for that.

But you do you.
Oh Hell No, Russ was a >P-A-R-T< of the LOB RIDE that year, W-I-T-H-O-U-T their magnificence in play, they'd have the same damned results that they had in the '49'DEBACLE
Russ was good in the lead-up to '48' >NOT OUTSTANDING<, but the LOB >>WAS GREAT<<, and the MAIN REASON for that 43 to 8 beatdown of 'MANNING', who just so happen to be the HOTTEST Quarterback that season....I mean lets truth up here >>CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Oh Hell No, Russ was a >P-A-R-T< of the LOB RIDE that year, W-I-T-H-O-U-T their magnificence in play, they'd have the same damned results that they had in the '49'DEBACLE
Russ was good in the lead-up to '48' >NOT OUTSTANDING<, but the LOB >>WAS GREAT<<, and the MAIN REASON for that 43 to 8 beatdown of 'MANNING', who just so happen to be the HOTTEST Quarterback that season....I mean lets truth up here >>CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE.
Wow another post from Scutterhawk about how great the LOB was and how inconsequential Russ was. Color me shocked. By the way where you around for the 90's when the Seahawks D was dominate but we never won because we were missing one key component to winning on those teams?

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score

you guys agree with Lockett?
Absolutely. When they introduce him, give him a sendoff fitting for a guy who did SO MUCH for the community off the field and kept us competitive and relevant for a decade. Then when the whistle blows, he's the opposing QB.

ryank24

Reaction score
Ahh, so its totally cool for Adams to want out for money but Russ wanting out because he didn't like the direction of the franchise (which is your point about the Jets I do believe) is totally wrong.
Why should a Seahawks fan care about somebody not wanting to play for the Jets? I think a Jets fan would be perfectly justified if their attitude towards Adams was "**** that guy".

I'll be rooting against Wilson the rest of his career as long as he's not wearing a hawks uniform. But as soon as he retires, I'll be happy to have him in the ring of honor and remember the first 10 years of his career.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Scutter,
Russ made a lot of key plays that kept this team alive. Yes, without the LOB we never would have went. Without Lynch we never would have gone and never made it again.

But without Russ that SB win never happens because we NEVER MAKE IT TO THE SB.

Are you trying to imply another QB on our roster would have gotten us there or Flynn? Of course not.
You can hate or dislike the guy, but he was a key part of getting us there, Scutter. Just like Pete was.

You cannot oversell the LOB to me. Every jersey from the LOB is on my wall, along with a Marshawn Lynch jersey. Yes, they were historic. But without Russ we would have just been another historic defense without a championship.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Loved what he did for this franchise on Sundays, but the way he went out... bring the boos. I'll be booing from my living room in NY.

kidhawk

Reaction score

I'm not sure what world you're living in, but I for one, really don't care if a player slights another team. I root for the Seahawks, so if it affects the Seahawks negatively, then I'm not going to like it. If it affects the Seahawks positively, then I'm for it. That's why we pick a team and root for that team. If you want to root for individual players, that's fine, but I think most people will continue to root for their team above all else.

Rat

Reaction score
Yes, Russ should have told the entire world he and Pete were not seeing eye to eye any more. Pete should have too. They should have held a press conference and announced it.
Good gravy we have odd (and unrealistic) expectations around here. By the way the Seahawks at least considered drafting his replacement and listened to trade offers as well. Not saying they shouldn't have just pointing out this is a business and no one is tied to an organization just like the organization isn't tied to you. This doesn't make Russ a fake or any other worker out there that looks for a new company to work for.
Yeah, because that's what I said /rolleyes.

I don't care that Russ wanted more money or had goals that he felt were inconsistent with the team. I don't even care that he wanted out. My issue is him carefully crafting everything to make himself look like a innocent bystander when he was the one making the demands. Russ only cares about how people see Russ. I would have respected him being honest about it.

Latest posts