Seattle Sounders 2019 Season Thread

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2vcbtp29 said:
Arreaga rumors heating up again.

https://www.sounderatheart.com/sounders ... er-arreaga

Definitely need to get younger and more dynamic at the CB position. It's by far the weak link on the club right now, too old and inconsistent.

Makes sense. Marshall is getting older and a bit more hurt, as I said above i'm worried about Kim's form. None of our CB's are the quickest. I wonder why they signed Jonathan Campbell though and what's going on with Torres.

Would still like another forward in the squad unless these teenagers are the real deal and can get some game time.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Sounders sign Joevin Jones! Either we couldn't extend Brad Smith or goodbye Nouhou?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":1s43feui said:
Sounders sign Joevin Jones! Either we couldn't extend Brad Smith or goodbye Nouhou?

I think it means Lagerwey couldn't agree with Bournemouth on who's paying what part of Smith's salary should his loan continue past the end of June. They've been negotiating for a while.

https://www.sounderatheart.com/2019/4/2 ... -extension

Jones and Smith are left backs, so not sure why this would mean anything else, neither has played right back that I know of. I wish either could, as Nouhou is pretty stinky, would love to replace him with a better RB.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
So doing some quick research, Jones has played RB.........so I take what I said back, doesn't necessarily mean Smith is gone.

That'd be amazing news. I also sneakily like that Jones is kinda crawling back to Seattle with his tail between his legs, after making such a big stink about wanting to go overseas last summer, and being a pain in the ass.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1lm2xngq said:
Arreaga rumors heating up again.

https://www.sounderatheart.com/sounders ... er-arreaga

Definitely need to get younger and more dynamic at the CB position. It's by far the weak link on the club right now, too old and inconsistent.
If this is to be believed, it's a done deal.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gisellabuendia/status/1125829047559315456[/tweet]

Translation: Ended meeting, Arreaga signed a 3-year contract with the Seattle team. The player will travel in the next hours to the USA, not play the classic.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3vbdfo8p said:
So doing some quick research, Jones has played RB.........so I take what I said back, doesn't necessarily mean Smith is gone.

That'd be amazing news. I also sneakily like that Jones is kinda crawling back to Seattle with his tail between his legs, after making such a big stink about wanting to go overseas last summer, and being a pain in the ass.

Could also see jones play mid left.

Apparently his mrs is pregnant and lives in Trinidad, so he wanted to be closer.

knownone

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2i7sf2sf said:

Didn't Jones want to go overseas because MLS wouldn't allow the Sounders to give him a TAM contract?

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
knownone":4t25q4tz said:
Sgt. Largent":4t25q4tz said:

Didn't Jones want to go overseas because MLS wouldn't allow the Sounders to give him a TAM contract?
Pretty much. MLS vetoed the TAM offer Seattle wanted to make, so Seattle had to make a lower offer without TAM. Jones rejected the lower offer and left for Germany on a free transfer. The good part of that is because he left on a free, Seattle retained his MLS rights.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SeatownJay":24rssota said:
knownone":24rssota said:
Sgt. Largent":24rssota said:

Pretty much. MLS vetoed the TAM offer Seattle wanted to make, so Seattle had to make a lower offer without TAM. Jones rejected the lower offer and left for Germany on a free transfer. The good part of that is because he left on a free, Seattle retained his MLS rights.

While it's true, IMO it had more to do with Jones being pissed off that he had to wait until January to leave, and so he tried to force Seattle's hand by going off to play in a friendly for T&T without permission in hopes MLS and the Sounders would just release him then and there.

Not unprecedented, but to leave for a friendly when your club's fighting for the playoffs is pretty crappy. Here's the Times article talking about what happened.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sou ... ualifiers/

Glad he's back, but no he didn't handle himself well last summer and fall.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Hopefully they don't count on Jones as a back because he was awful in the role. He did better as a mid.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Victor Rodriguez is injured again. I really hope we don't have to wait until after the Gold Cup for Joevin to be available.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1knvnm3g said:
Victor Rodriguez is injured again. I really hope we don't have to wait until after the Gold Cup for Joevin to be available.

Death
Taxes
V-Rod's injured

He's not Brad Evans injury prone, but he's close.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Bournemouth bought Lloyd Kelly do won't bring back Smith. Keeping him in Seattle will be up to the Sounders now

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3600k60j said:
About the best possible outcome with that lineup.

Yup, tough game travelling across the country having had a game mid week. Philly are also doing well in the east. I'll take it. LAFC tied too.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":22n2ld1y said:
Chad Marshall retires. Damn, knew he was battling injuries but still a shock

Well that explains the Arreaga signing.

I love Marshall, we're going to miss more than just his play. He's the type of player you want on your staff or some club capacity.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Please keep Jordy Delem on the bench. Or trade him to Sporting KC since he enjoys passing to their players more than his own team. No red card ejections but it sure seems the Sounders are a man down with Delem in the lineup.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
The entire team played like crap in the first half, and losing Kim to injury didn't help. Hopefully Svensson and Rodriguez are back from their injuries soon. The Curse of MLS is real and Seattle is getting hit with it again. Six of our opening day Starting XI have missed/are missing time with injuries, with Marshall actually retiring because of one. The salary structure MLS has concocted just isn't conducive to building a strong bench so that many injuries really strains the team's depth and affects team chemistry and performance.

Latest posts