Seattle Sounders 2019 Season Thread

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SeatownJay":cemapfhr said:
The entire team played like crap in the first half, and losing Kim to injury didn't help. Hopefully Svensson and Rodriguez are back from their injuries soon. The Curse of MLS is real and Seattle is getting hit with it again. Six of our opening day Starting XI have missed/are missing time with injuries, with Marshall actually retiring because of one. The salary structure MLS has concocted just isn't conducive to building a strong bench so that many injuries really strains the team's depth and affects team chemistry and performance.

Now there's a bunch of callups, which compounds all this.

- Arreaga
- Ruidiaz
- Morris
- Lodeiro
- Torres
- Roldan
- Svensson
- Smith
- Jones
- Kee Hee

All national call ups in June and July. I guess it's good that we have a talented roster that a lot of our players get called up for national duty, but it's frustrating.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Alex roldan and Delem offer absolutely nothing. Frustrating that they get so much game time

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":36g7nuid said:
Alex roldan and Delem offer absolutely nothing. Frustrating that they get so much game time
No Kim, no Morris, no Rodriguez, no Lodiero. This team simply isn't very good when they can't play their best XI.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Sounders scored all 3 goals in yesterday’s match. Unfortunately two of them counted for FC Dallas. Defensively the Sounders are in bad shape. Just not playing good defense. It wouldn’t be a real season if Jordon Morris weren’t injured. That dude is made of glass.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
I get it but would rather see bwana, jones or Bruin play, even nouhou for width. Alex roldan is very much a tacoma level player. At least bwana has flashed a few times.

Sounders are in for a rough few weeks with international call ups. Wish we had got a point in the last 2 games.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Another disappointing result from the Sounders. WTF Joevin Jones? He has a clear shot at the goal and he wings a pass that gets stolen. Then you have Leerdam committing a penalty in the box and giving Montreal an easy PK to even the score. Leading 1-0 they proceeded to concede the match in a matter of 5 minutes by giving up 2 goals in that span.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Jackson Yueill from MTA gets his first cap tonight for USMNT. Coached against his dad last Thursday.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawkfan68":qs0a6dei said:
Another disappointing result from the Sounders. WTF Joevin Jones? He has a clear shot at the goal and he wings a pass that gets stolen. Then you have Leerdam committing a penalty in the box and giving Montreal an easy PK to even the score. Leading 1-0 they proceeded to concede the match in a matter of 5 minutes by giving up 2 goals in that span.

Even with the addition of Arreaga, this back line is one of he worst in the league. It's awful and costing us matches. We should be winning some of these matches, or at least drawing, but the back line has played so terribly the last month it's embarrassing.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1zljep4e said:
hawkfan68":1zljep4e said:

Even with the addition of Arreaga, this back line is one of he worst in the league. It's awful and costing us matches. We should be winning some of these matches, or at least drawing, but the back line has played so terribly the last month it's embarrassing.

Losing Chad Marshall left a big void. They all seem lost without him back there.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1whbe4t5 said:
Will Bruin tore his ACL in training this week. This team is absolutely cursed with injuries this year.

https://www.soundersfc.com/post/2019/06 ... n-suffered

Isn't that what most of us said when the season started? That we had a lot of talent, but it's a veteran club, and that means a high probability of injuries, and unfortunately that's what has happened.

I think Lagerwey has made some good moves bringing in Jones and Arreaga, so once international duty is over we should be fine heading into late summer and fall in to gel for the playoffs. But I wouldn't expect us to challenge LAFC for the SS.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2k7d5elp said:
SeatownJay":2k7d5elp said:
Will Bruin tore his ACL in training this week. This team is absolutely cursed with injuries this year.

Isn't that what most of us said when the season started? That we had a lot of talent, but it's a veteran club, and that means a high probability of injuries, and unfortunately that's what has happened.

I think Lagerwey has made some good moves bringing in Jones and Arreaga, so once international duty is over we should be fine heading into late summer and fall in to gel for the playoffs. But I wouldn't expect us to challenge LAFC for the SS.
Target forward just became the team's biggest need this Summer. Right now the only forwards we have on the roster are Ruidiaz and 17 year old Alfonso Ocampo-Chavez.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1q5m2gdw said:
Sgt. Largent":1q5m2gdw said:
SeatownJay":1q5m2gdw said:

Target forward just became the team's biggest need this Summer. Right now the only forwards we have on the roster are Ruidiaz and 17 year old Alfonso Ocampo-Chavez.

Aren't we out of DP spots with the Arreaga signing?

I'm sure we'll make a move during the summer transfer window, but I wouldn't get your hopes up for a big DP level signing to address the forward need.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1pi2plv6 said:
SeatownJay":1pi2plv6 said:
Sgt. Largent":1pi2plv6 said:
SeatownJay":1pi2plv6 said:

Aren't we out of DP spots with the Arreaga signing?

I'm sure we'll make a move during the summer transfer window, but I wouldn't get your hopes up for a big DP level signing to address the forward need.
It doesn't need to be a DP, but we need a true forward to back up Ruidiaz. AOC is a talented kid, but he's still a kid and I don't think he's ready for MLS yet.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I was impressed with what I saw from Levya. He's going to be a great player. Dhillon wasn't too bad either. Another home win.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawkfan68":m7i02ko2 said:
I was impressed with what I saw from Levya. He's going to be a great player. Dhillon wasn't too bad either. Another home win.

That might have been the worst VR reversal call I've ever seen.

Why are MLS refs so terrible, if the league ever wants to ascend and become what it aspires to be, it's going to have to figure out how to train, attract or import better refs. Just awful.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
I don't think its even a ref thing now, VAR is a mess. Look at the womens world cup. So many teams like Scotland were completely effed over by it.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Also that was a big win. Considering how many starters were out and our upcoming schedule.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":2qcqkb1h said:
I don't think its even a ref thing now, VAR is a mess. Look at the womens world cup. So many teams like Scotland were completely effed over by it.

It's both.

My point is this terrible VR call is a microcosm for a bigger issue with MLS, the refs. It's been the weakest link of the league for a very long time, and something needs to change if the league wants the reputation and status it's aspiring for.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Man is it nice to have a full roster. Welcome back Raul............that was goal of the week if I ever saw one. What a brilliant goal.

Latest posts