Seattle vs. Atlanta matchups

fenderbender123

Reaction score
fuego":3w0sui3s said:
fenderbender123":3w0sui3s said:
Julio is going against the best corner in the game. That means he will likely have one of his least productive performances all season. I'm not saying he's going to get shut out, but Treefidy makes it sound like he's going to absolutely torch Sherman. Sorry, but that's not how it works.

I think the main point of this though is that even if Julio is shut down, we proved against NO and Denver that we can win, and win convincingly even if he is shut down. We're not a one trick pony offense.

That wasn't my main point. But even so, I've watched Denver play and from what I can see their defense isn't as good as ours.

Besides, even if a team's best receiver ISN'T shut down (like Brandon Marshall), Seattle can still dominate the game. So your argument works both ways which nullifies it :)

RCATES

Reaction score
I believe the Atlanta offense vs the Seattle Defense is a wash. Both #1 respectively.

I'm more excited about what Seattle will do offensively against a shaky Atlanta D. The teams that give Seattle fits are those with dominant front 7's (Dolphins,Jets,Rams). Atlanta has easily one of the weakest front 7's in the league. I'd compare Atlanta's defense to SF. Atlanta slightly better in the secondary but weaker at LB. Hawks diced up SF's D at the clink. I expect the same on Sunday. I expect Seattle to get a early lead forcing Atlanta to take more chances in the passing attack causing a few turnovers. Final score 24-10 Hawks.

hawker84

Reaction score
treefidy":276ohuqc said:
Natethegreat":276ohuqc said:
I would expect Julio to best Sherman a few times if Ryan tries testing him. No corner wins every time out but if they keep testing him I guarantee Ryan ends up picked off. Sherman has THE BEST ball skills in the league.

Julio is faster and stronger than Sherman. Sherman may best him a few times, but Julio will win a majority of the time with no help. Period.

6 receptions and 59 yrds. No TD's in the two games Sherman has played against Jones. that's combined...

fuego

Reaction score
hawker84":13dyqfkp said:
fuego":13dyqfkp said:
fenderbender123":13dyqfkp said:
Julio is going against the best corner in the game. That means he will likely have one of his least productive performances all season. I'm not saying he's going to get shut out, but Treefidy makes it sound like he's going to absolutely torch Sherman. Sorry, but that's not how it works.

I think the main point of this though is that even if Julio is shut down, we proved against NO and Denver that we can win, and win convincingly even if he is shut down. We're not a one trick pony offense.

Ok, let's keep it real, NO has one of the worst defenses in the league, and Denver was starting a rookie QB playing in his first game (who by the way threw for 25/35 223 yards). So I reserve judgment on those victories.

We're used to everyone 'reserving judgement' on us until the next game. If the Falcons beat the 'Hawks, they'll be saying the same thing about us again, let's see how they do against San Diego...then Green Bay...etc, etc, etc. It is what it is.

Ozzy

Reaction score
hawker84":39hsztlm said:
treefidy":39hsztlm said:
Natethegreat":39hsztlm said:
I would expect Julio to best Sherman a few times if Ryan tries testing him. No corner wins every time out but if they keep testing him I guarantee Ryan ends up picked off. Sherman has THE BEST ball skills in the league.

Julio is faster and stronger than Sherman. Sherman may best him a few times, but Julio will win a majority of the time with no help. Period.

6 receptions and 59 yrds. No TD's in the two games Sherman has played against Jones. that's combined...

lol that's incredible. Sort of destroys the argument.

pcbball12

Reaction score
fuego":azpb37bt said:
hawker84":azpb37bt said:
fuego":azpb37bt said:
fenderbender123":azpb37bt said:

Ok, let's keep it real, NO has one of the worst defenses in the league, and Denver was starting a rookie QB playing in his first game (who by the way threw for 25/35 223 yards). So I reserve judgment on those victories.

We're used to everyone 'reserving judgement' on us until the next game. If the Falcons beat the 'Hawks, they'll be saying the same thing about us again, let's see how they do against San Diego...then Green Bay...etc, etc, etc. It is what it is.
It took our team a year and a half of legit ball to start getting other teams fans to think we were for real. Sorry if your 4 wins don't have us taking you as SB contenders just yet.

treefidy

Reaction score
hawker84":2ryecj97 said:
treefidy":2ryecj97 said:
Natethegreat":2ryecj97 said:

1 game. Julio was injured in 2013. In the 2012 playoff game, we didn't even know whether he would play or not as he was fighting a lisfranc injury all season. He had 6 catches for 59 yards that game and we won. That offense was not nearly as good as this one is...

Uncle Si

Reaction score
treefidy":1zco48co said:
hawker84":1zco48co said:
treefidy":1zco48co said:
Natethegreat":1zco48co said:

1 game. Julio was injured in 2013. In the 2012 playoff game, we didn't even know whether he would play or not as he was fighting a lisfranc injury all season. He had 6 catches for 59 yards that game and we won. That offense was not nearly as good as this one is...

So, to sum up... Julio vs. the Seahawks, historically, is 6 catches for 59 yards. A game you won (and had a Hall of Fame TE pull you from the fire)

And you needed 4 pages to let Hawks fans know no to be weary of such a matchup? Brilliant

Makes as much sense as Ninester saying the Falcons would prefer Graham to Miller.

StoneCold

Reaction score
What the Falcon fans fail to understand is, this is Russell Wilson's team and the Falcons are going to be Russell Wilson's bird. He's going to carve you up and have an early Thanksgiving dinner. For you offense to explode they need to be on the field and that's not going to happen very often come Sunday.

hawker84

Reaction score
fuego":1yeh7sm1 said:
hawker84":1yeh7sm1 said:
fuego":1yeh7sm1 said:
fenderbender123":1yeh7sm1 said:

I think unless Seattle completely lays an egg on both sides of the ball, most people will be looking at this particular matchup as a gage to who's who in the NFC power race. That however does not change the fact ATL just beat a bad NO team, and and Denver team starting a rookie in his first game. That's real. But ATL did what they're suppose to, beat a weaker team when they were suppose to. Now you face Seattle. If ATL wins, they will be considered legit. Same can be said for Seattle.

hawker84

Reaction score
treefidy":1y475uiz said:
hawker84":1y475uiz said:
treefidy":1y475uiz said:
Natethegreat":1y475uiz said:

Copy that, 1 game. But that happened to be a playoff game, and Mr. Jones (who is a bad man) was shut down. Roddy(haha) white, shut down. Gonzalez killed us though, but then again everyone's TE kills us.

treefidy

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2ej392br said:
So, to sum up... Julio vs. the Seahawks, historically, is 6 catches for 59 yards. A game you won (and had a Hall of Fame TE pull you from the fire)

And you needed 4 pages to let Hawks fans no to be weary of such a matchup? Brilliant

Makes as much sense as Ninester saying the Falcons would prefer Graham to Miller.

To sum it up:

Tony Gonzales with 6 catches for 51 yards and 1 td is hardly the reason we won. I'd say the fact that we ran for 167 yards and passed for 250 is why we won.

You've never seen Julio at 100% before. 1v1 he will win far more than he loses. Doesn't matter who the DB is...

treefidy

Reaction score
hawker84":12kj3oia said:
Copy that, 1 game. But that happened to be a playoff game, and Mr. Jones (who is a bad man) was shut down. Roddy(haha) white, shut down. Gonzalez killed us though, but then again everyone's TE kills us.

Julio was injured and went 6 for 59
Gonzales went 6 for 51
Roddy went 5 for 76

When we needed to pass, we did. However, what won that game was our 26 carries for 167 yards.

Melencause

Reaction score
fuego":1p8v159y said:
hawker84":1p8v159y said:
fuego":1p8v159y said:
fenderbender123":1p8v159y said:

If

hawker84

Reaction score
treefidy":pfq3wv6r said:
hawker84":pfq3wv6r said:

Julio was injured and went 6 for 59
Gonzales went 6 for 51
Roddy went 5 for 76

When we needed to pass, we did. We However, what won that game was our 26 carries for 167 yards.

Those numbers are underneath stuff our defensive scheme is designed to give up. Yards in between the 20's. getting it in the end zone is a little trickier. Hope you have a good FG kicker, going to be windy and a little wet I hear.

Love the passion in your guys, and I mean that. But as one poster already stated, even if JJ does have a JJ type day, we can still beat ATL because we're better across the board on both sides of the ball. See the Sherman vs Marshall matchup. Marshall kicked the crap out of Sherman in the first half, amounted to nothing... It takes an army to beat our d, who else on your offense can do that? Freeman, Coleman? Your boys going to rush for 167 + again?

Reaction score
ballard1951":30i1aodl said:
What is a treefidy, some kind of gnome? They only exist in Atlanta, right?

While I respect Atlanta and look forward to a hard fought game on Sunday, the way treefidy keeps carrying on, as if the Atlanta offense is the 2nd coming of the 2013 Denver Broncos it makes me wonder if his isn't some sort of joke account - especially since "tree-fiddy": "In the context of forums and imageboard sites........serves as the anti-climactic punchline in bait-and-switch stories that abruptly end with Loch Ness Monster begging for $3.50."

(This originates with a South Park episode)

[youtube]9xCAs08QPNw[/youtube]

ivotuk

Reaction score
Rookie rankings at Fox Sports:

#7 Deion Jones, Falcons (5th last week)

Jones dropped a few spots after missing the Falcons’ Week 5 win over the Broncos with the hamstring injury. Despite sitting out, he still leads all rookies in tackles. Atlanta is unsure if Jones will be in the lineup against the Seahawks on Sunday.

Defensive stats: 30 tackles, 0 sacks, 1 INT Credit: Jonathan Bachman Photo: Getty Images

The guy seems pretty dern good. Anyone heard if he's playing?

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/nf ... ott-101216

Bobblehead

Reaction score
SO if Julio has a bad game, in all probability he's hurt... I get it.

hawker84

Reaction score
Yo man. I posted **** near this whole post in the Seahwks.net forum . Treefidy is bringingthe pain on them. Those fans think they blow us out 35 to 3. Think our d is soft and offense worse than theirs.

Its flat delusional.

Look Familiar Foghorn?

Is this prediction any different than some of the delusional post on your board? You want to talk football and keep it civil, great you'll find good dialog here. You want to go back to your board and talk crap while playing all nicey nice here, you'll not last long.. Fair warning Mr. Sui-Generis, did I get that spelling right?

2_0_6

Reaction score
Trolls doing what trolls do. They are both here not for good overall football talk, but are only here attempting to rile people up and stir the crap.

Color me surprised.