Serious question...why do Niners fans hate you guys so much?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":36h91uaf said:
They have to pretend they actually followed the 49ers while they were losing for a bunch of years. We had two 49ers fans come here for like five years, now the mods here have to deny most of their registration requests, and half the ones that get approved just troll and get banned quickly.

This place would still be a 49ers ghost town if Harbaugh hadn't arrived.
THIS! :th2thumbs:

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
They cant stand us because after 8 straight years of suckage and perennial rebuilding that it only took the Hawks 2 seasons to build a competitive team. Seeing a window of dominance that the Hawks threw a monkey wrench in, removing their comfort zone.

The Niners are a really good team, but their fans are quite aware that the Hawks can ball with them.

But hate? I dunno about that. I know 3 very loyal Niner fans, 2 of which are neighbors that are from Cal, we can talk about the games and show mutual respect. I also know 2 other Niner fans that weren't even aware of football when they won their last SB in 94. Those are the kind of Niner fans that the word "hate" applies.

Before the last game these are the guys talking about wasting the Hawks all day long on Friday because they squeaked out a NE win, only to disappear on Monday.

When I know more about the Dynasty Niners than they do and they are marching to the "5 Super Bowls" drum, it gets pretty annoying.

The forum guys? Just a dude behind a keyboard.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Goes both ways. The number of 49er threads around here seemed endless for a while. It's a product of Carroll vs. Harbaugh, similar playing styles, both vying for consensus #1 in the league, two revered GMs, Wilson vs. Kaepernick, Lynch vs. Gore, L.O.B. vs. THE Front 7, Harbaugh going 3-0 in the first three match-ups, 42-13 curb stomping, etc., etc.

Best new rivalry in sports, and everyone knows it.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
We are the upstart that is a very legitimate threat to their perceived right to the NFC West.

Happy

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":38l6d4xf said:
Around here, 9er fans are historically poor sports and get themselves kicked out frequently. Only a few survived final cuts last season, and I know as a mod, I do not look forward to games against the 9ers because of all their fans that show up here and act the fool. Worst visiting fans in the league on this board, and I am sure I'd get a unanimous vote from our regular members on that one.

yea I don't know what it is with those dudes. It seems like we ban more niner fans for disruptive behavior than fans from all the other teams combined.

OP
OP
BuddyRyans46

BuddyRyans46

Reaction score
that is an interesting observation, mods. I didn't realize that you guys had so much trouble with visiting 49er trolls during the season.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
It's quite simple really. Fear. We are built expressively to beat them and they know it. How would you feel knowing you found your franchise quarterback all the while knowing your rival's quarterback is better? Kaepernick is this generation's Dan Marino and it rankles them.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I doubt it is just that.

Think about how we classify 49er fans. Mainly because of some absolute idiots in their fanbase. It rightfully annoy the hell out of the reasonable fans because nobody likes being thrown in the box with a bunch of idiots.

Then again, we have some fans that act like we have already won 5 super bowls and are also slated to win the World Series and NBA championship. I can imagine that would get annoying, since it annoys me and I am a Seahawk fan. Yeah, if I was an opposing fan I would start to have a very low opinion of Seahawks fans - not because of the majority of the fanbase but because a very vocal, very confused, and very loud minority has gone beyond giddy to completely out of their freaking mind annoying.

But again, while our idiots in the minority say ridiculous things on message boards and accost people in the stands for wearing the wrong color jerseys, their idiots stab people. They win hands down in the idiot department for that.

Frankly, last year in the second half of the year we were not just good, we were record book breaking dominant. If we had not given up that last drive to Atlanta - Wilson would be even more venerated than he is (for that amazing comeback) and we probably would have rode into Candlestick on that wave of momentum and stomped them. That was one of the best teams I have seen in a while.

But we didn't, so the 49ers went to the SB and after losing are rewarded by hearing everyone pay more attention to the Seahawks instead of them. Nevermind that the 49ers have the best LB corps in the game, one of the best starting defensive lines in the game and one of the better coaches in the game - combined with a QB that only started half a year and led his team to the SB (which makes him undefeated in playoff games). They can rightfully expect to be better for the same reason we expect Wilson to be better - QBs don't peak their first few years.

The 49ers fans feel slighted by the lack of attention and respect, and they feel some of our fans are insufferable. And they are right.

We feel they have more idiots and worse idiots than most other fanbases, and that they are pretty full of themselves for a team that hasn't won a SB since half their fans were in diapers. Yeah they won plenty, back when nobody on the team now was playing and back when half the fans don't even remember. So what?

The funny part is that we probably hate each other most because we are almost mirrors of each other in certain ways and would probably make the other team our 2nd favorite if that team was in an opposing conference - but we are chasing the same ring so they are the enemy.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":14uvqlcz said:
I doubt it is just that.

Think about how we classify 49er fans. Mainly because of some absolute idiots in their fanbase. It rightfully annoy the hell out of the reasonable fans because nobody likes being thrown in the box with a bunch of idiots.

Then again, we have some fans that act like we have already won 5 super bowls and are also slated to win the World Series and NBA championship. I can imagine that would get annoying, since it annoys me and I am a Seahawk fan. Yeah, if I was an opposing fan I would start to have a very low opinion of Seahawks fans - not because of the majority of the fanbase but because a very vocal, very confused, and very loud minority has gone beyond giddy to completely out of their freaking mind annoying.

But again, while our idiots in the minority say ridiculous things on message boards and accost people in the stands for wearing the wrong color jerseys, their idiots stab people. They win hands down in the idiot department for that.

Frankly, last year in the second half of the year we were not just good, we were record book breaking dominant. If we had not given up that last drive to Atlanta - Wilson would be even more venerated than he is (for that amazing comeback) and we probably would have rode into Candlestick on that wave of momentum and stomped them. That was one of the best teams I have seen in a while.

But we didn't, so the 49ers went to the SB and after losing are rewarded by hearing everyone pay more attention to the Seahawks instead of them. Nevermind that the 49ers have the best LB corps in the game, one of the best starting defensive lines in the game and one of the better coaches in the game - combined with a QB that only started half a year and led his team to the SB (which makes him undefeated in playoff games). They can rightfully expect to be better for the same reason we expect Wilson to be better - QBs don't peak their first few years.

The 49ers fans feel slighted by the lack of attention and respect, and they feel some of our fans are insufferable. And they are right.

We feel they have more idiots and worse idiots than most other fanbases, and that they are pretty full of themselves for a team that hasn't won a SB since half their fans were in diapers. Yeah they won plenty, back when nobody on the team now was playing and back when half the fans don't even remember. So what?

The funny part is that we probably hate each other most because we are almost mirrors of each other in certain ways and would probably make the other team our 2nd favorite if that team was in an opposing conference - but we are chasing the same ring so they are the enemy.
That was great...well-said

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
The great equalizer is the internet. People talk mad shit in sports forums and online in general because they are safe behind the relative anonymity of their keyboards. It's easy for anyone to drop their iron balls on the table and talk the talk online.

It's a much different story in real life. 99.9% of the moronic opposing teams trolls we get in here talking smack would never bring it face to face, plain and simple.

I have several good friends that are Whiners fans - of course, none of them are from the Bay Area. :stirthepot: They are good people and very knowledgeable, and the smack talk is good natured and they are aren't immediately ignorable, like most we see in here.

Kakaww

Reaction score
People are highly driven by status and the need to belong to a group. It's another common "Us" vs "Them" scenario where each group attempts to poke holes in the integrity of the other, doing their best to prove supremacy, though neither side will ever be swayed. Chevy/Ford, Democrat/Republican, Coke/Pepsi, Blondes/Brunettes and Hawks/Niners. "Our product is clearly the best, otherwise why would we use it?"

Also, because Harbaugh is a douche.

But seriously, the Niners are an incredible team, maybe the best in the league and exciting to watch as well. Should be a fantastic season in the NFCW.

Tical21

Reaction score
I never had any dislike towards niner fans until recently. Heck, their fanbase was dormant for the better part of my life. I had no reason to think they would be like they are. First, the average IQ is lower than any fanbase for any team I have ever seen. Really, I'm not just saying that. Read their boards. They spend more time arguing with their own trolls than they do talking football. Passion? Sure. Intelligence? Not exactly. The Niner fans were in hiding for two decades, just waiting for a chance to puff out their chest. They had one winning season and came out of the woodwork, acting like they've just won the last 8 Super Bowls. I've come to find they're the most sore winners on the planet. Every last one of them believes they are more important than anybody else simply because they are 49er fans, and truly believe they are entitled.

Now, here come the Seahawks, whom they never knew existed a decade ago, as a threat to all the glory they feel they deserve, but they don't think we've done anything to earn it. It is like they think they are the gatekeeper, and we owe them a toll if we want to pass through. In short, they dislike us because we refuse to kiss their ass for the rings they won decades ago, and bow before the greatness that is The Niner Fan.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Tical21":g0xscy6e said:
I never had any dislike towards niner fans until recently. Heck, their fanbase was dormant for the better part of my life. I had no reason to think they would be like they are. First, the average IQ is lower than any fanbase for any team I have ever seen. Really, I'm not just saying that. Read their boards. They spend more time arguing with their own trolls than they do talking football. Passion? Sure. Intelligence? Not exactly. The Niner fans were in hiding for two decades, just waiting for a chance to puff out their chest. They had one winning season and came out of the woodwork, acting like they've just won the last 8 Super Bowls. I've come to find they're the most sore winners on the planet. Every last one of them believes they are more important than anybody else simply because they are 49er fans, and truly believe they are entitled.

Now, here come the Seahawks, whom they never knew existed a decade ago, as a threat to all the glory they feel they deserve, but they don't think we've done anything to earn it. It is like they think they are the gatekeeper, and we owe them a toll if we want to pass through. In short, they dislike us because we refuse to kiss their ass for the rings they won decades ago, and bow before the greatness that is The Niner Fan.
Well said. Like you I grew up when the 49ers were THE team to beat. I actually lived 5 minutes outside San Francisco and at least a third of my relatives still live in San Francisco/Oakland and the immediate surrounding area. So this is pretty much my exact opinion also.

rlkats

Reaction score
Well I guess i will chime in. Apparently no Niner fans have the balls to say anything. I respect the hawks players and organization. They have done a wonderful job in developing talent. The Hawks and Niners do mirror each other perfect. As to hate the fans why hate that is a stupid thought. Everyone is a fan of something. Hawks fans are dedicated to their team and Niner fans to theirs. While I agree there seem to be more and more bandwagon fans lately, it does give the niner fans that enjoy a good game a bad name. I was a Niner fan when the niners were a team that was slated as a win on every teams schedule. Coaches like Errickson GM like Donahue, Yes it was a very bad gloomy 8 years but we made it through.
I never knew about message boards until recently. I constantly read posts from many respected hawks fans and am impressed with the knowledge they have. Yes they have their fare share of dick wads but i guarantee the Niners boards have WAAAAAAY more. which is the reasion I am here so much. Besides read the NFL section you should just call it the 49ers page (JK) just stirring up crap. in all seriousness hawks are good and the fans are dedicated.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Do not underestimate SF's proximity to Oakland. Many SF "fans" are nothing more than wannabe Raider fans who treat wearing their team's color similar to wear a gang's. I sat in the 300 level of Candledump. Had a beer poured on my head along with my friends as we walked through the parking lot to the stadium. I can attest to this firsthand. I've been to over 10 different NFL stadiums and tailgated at all of them. SF was the only place where I witnessed such a noticeable gang culture in a fan base. And given how bad the Raiders have been for a while now, I wouldn't be surprised is many of them have jumped ship and now ride with the Niners. So when you think about who you're dealing with, their behavior online really isn't all that surprising.

And everything others have said about there being nowhere near as many Niner fans until a couple years back. Similar to how sports radio stations around the country punk bandwagon Red Sox fans, you could have a field day quizzing most SF fans tailgating before the game. Asking them who the coach before Harbaugh or Mike Singletary was. What position Jim Druckemiller played. Who used to be in the NFC West prior to Seattle, St. Louis, and Arizona. So many would be absolutely clueless.

A lot of it is just that our teams highly dislike one another. So it bleeds over into the fans. But save me with the Niners fans calling Carroll a douche. When you have the absolute biggest douche bag coach in pro sports screaming at refs and making every local media member in town hate his guts, you can't even begin to speak on the subject.

bellingerga

Reaction score
9ers fans hate seahawk fans so much because after waiting over a decade to crawl out of their musty caves and start admitting they are actually 9ers fans, they had all of 2 or 3 decent years before the Hawks rose again. They have to take the anger over this out on someone, so it's us lol

After their team got the snot beat out of it in december, they realized how much of a hassle our Defense and young QB is going to be to them for the next decade so they are faced with the possibly of having to jump back off the bandwagon again, which they will do if we sweep them this coming season.

Notice, there were no 9ers fans in sight, for many many years till after they had their first good season in god knows how long.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Niners?, a really good team, with a tantrum throwing adolescent minded Coach, and with a few exceptions, a shitty fan base.
Kind of gives me the warm fuzzies knowing that they hate the Seahawks, and it probably stokes their hatred even more knowing that the Seahawks and Rams have dominated for about ten Years or so, while the Niners were fighting to get out of the cellar with the Cards.
Now that the Seahawks are again grabbing the spot light after a few short stumbles, their hatred will undoubtedly go ballistic. :16: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall:

Throwdown

Reaction score
After I took a step back a few months back, I don't hate them, there's a few that I really wish would jump off the Golden Gate, most are on Webzone.

But recently I've noticed that Seahawks fans have this weird obsession with the 49ers, their coach, their fans. I can't hate something that much... Unless we're talking the OKC Thunder, that is a whole other situation though.

I do though hate fans of teams that boast their team as some sort of up and coming juggernaut when their team has been garbage for years (Looking at you Rams fans & The 49er fans that came here in the 2010 Season like they were gonna do something that year lololololololololz).

For the most part, I like the Niners fans we have here, a lot of 'em actually like to talk football, moreso than a few Seahawks fans on here.