Serious ? What did Seattle do to earn wrath of Officials?

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3om9j7pl said:
As they have been, the Hawks are a very good but very undisciplined team, both on and off the field. It’s part of Carroll’s philosophy and has been discussed as nauseaum at this point.

Other contributing factors:

*Untalented Olineman get beat more which leads to more holding.

*Wilson’s improvisational style of play leads to more offensive holding (his line can’t see him, so when he reroutes into a direction outside the play design even the best lineman can get grabby (why there’s not more holding on designed rollouts, but it shows up more for everyone on broken plays or when QBs are escaping pressure laterally).

*A couple players who just get penalized a lot (e.g. Ifedi, Bennett on offsides).

*Garden variety cognitive bias, which affects fans of all teams.

Remember though most of us aren't necessarily complaining about the penalties themselves but about the inconsistency of similar penalties being called on the opposition (PI calls, holding etc.). There has been statistical graphs and data to prove that when teams face Seattle their game average of penalties is always significantly lower. Now arguments can be made about why this happens but this is the "bias" that we hate.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
I think some of you are on autorespond and you arent reading the complaints.

Yes, the hawks have a rep. Yes that probably causes a closer eye at times.

But that should have NOTHING to do with how equitable a game is called.

Holding is holding. Pi is Pi.

And yet game after game after game, that is not how it plays out. Double standards abound.

Its not ok under any circumstances, and the excuse making hawk fans are making for the inequality is quite frankly terrible.

Dont tell me the hawks need to be "more disciplined" in order to have a game called fairly. That's BS.

tersal

Reaction score
Hendo66":252j2nt9 said:
Not ignoring the undisciplined play all year but this team gets constantly flagged on calls that could / should be left alone.

On the other hand opponents do get to play through on tons of borderline calls and seam to always skate on Offensive
holding among others.

What gives?
I agree completely with you. I did not see Atlanta get an offensive holding call all night. Washington loss I would have thought the
redskins were the home team. Against Arizona the Cardinals had two scoring drives that were kept alive by penalties on multiple set of downs against the Hawks. Of course we all recall the blatant pass interference against Green b
ay that was not called. The playing field is not even at all. That being said Ifedi gets eat so easily and often he is left with no choice but to hold.

JerHawk81

Reaction score
There was a missed call on the opening kickoff for a block in the back that was one of the most blatant missed calls I've ever seen. I'd love to see a .jpg of it if anyone has it...

One of the blockers simply tackled Coleman (?) from behind in the open field. It was the first play of the game, and we were behind every play after....

IrishNW

Reaction score
Its obvious we are being targeted by the NFL. Bradley Sowell had some interesting tweets a while back about it.

Just a hunch, but I bet our opponents have all had there best games (penalty wise) against us.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Here is something from a couple of years ago. Sure many remember.

SalishHawkFan":l4oie57e said:
So a couple weeks back we had a good thread on here about how the Seahawks opponents are the least penalized of anyone in the NFL - when playing us.

5 of 12 teams have had their season low penalties vs the Hawks.

Pete Carroll has mentioned it. ET mentioned it. Now the media is finally starting to take notice:

http://www.fieldgulls.com/seahawks-anal ... eam-in-nfl

Graph0

That graph says it all. There is everyone else inside the mean. There are the Seahawks way the hell outside the norm.

And before you say it's because they're the defending champs, here's the stats for this year and last year:

Team Opponent Penalty Bias
Seattle -2.407954545
N.Y. Jets -1.44469697
Denver -1.141322314
Kansas City -0.907575758
Dallas -0.773002755
Cleveland -0.749035813
Atlanta -0.656060606
Houston -0.624517906
Carolina -0.587626263
New England -0.559366391
Indianapolis -0.502754821
St. Louis -0.440495868
N.Y. Giants -0.321212121
Tennessee -0.270661157
Green Bay -0.214646465
Miami -0.094393939
New Orleans -0.058838384
Pittsburgh 0.079393939
Chicago 0.194123049
Buffalo 0.243030303
Detroit 0.394065657
Minnesota 0.455922865
Baltimore 0.520606061
Tampa Bay 0.634986226
Arizona 0.634986226
Jacksonville 0.674931129
Oakland 0.728650138
Cincinnati 0.857713499
San Francisco 1.15785124
Philadelphia 1.498737374
San Diego 1.656060606
Washington 2.301136364

Team Opponent Penalty Bias (2013)
Chicago -1.60879
Cincinnati -1.3496
Jacksonville -1.21868
Washington -1.06227
Carolina -0.89372
San Francisco -0.67656
Oakland -0.61355
Pittsburgh -0.54255
New Orleans -0.48571
Detroit -0.48462
Seattle -0.32821
Tennessee -0.30476
N.Y. Jets -0.26882
Denver -0.08932
Miami 0.048901
Minnesota 0.065568
Philadelphia 0.075458
St. Louis 0.123443
San Diego 0.151648
Kansas City 0.210989
Atlanta 0.267315
Green Bay 0.40989
Tampa Bay 0.410003
Houston 0.427381
N.Y. Giants 0.43663
Cleveland 0.46568
Arizona 0.489377
New England 0.568526
Dallas 0.677289
Buffalo 0.813708
Indianapolis 0.891667
Baltimore 2.354382

http://www.reddit.com/r/Seahawks/commen ... alysis_oc/
If teams were really focused the week they played the Seahawks (defending champions), they might play more disciplined football, but the 2013 Baltimore Ravens (defending champs) had the highest PAO in the league.

The second possibility is that the opposing teams are committing just as many penalties as they normally do, but that the referees are not calling them. Is there any explanation other than blatant league and referee bias?

It's time 12's started calling foul. Get on the radios, get on the internet, get this in the NFL's face.

gremlin

Reaction score
I wondered about this from our first game this season. I recall Lane getting ejected for throwing a punch, that nobody could see on any replay. Then a few weeks ago there was the Atlanta receiver throwing punches and no ejection. And the same day a Tampa guy threw punches and no ejection. Seems like they were sending a message the first game that Seattle would face the harshest penalty for any kind of minor or imagined transgression.

cymatica

Reaction score
I think it goes beyond the officials. Teams watch tape and see this, and I'm sure they say"lets see what we can get away with".

Seriously why not hold every play when you know it won't get called 99% of the time no matter how egregious.

potatohead

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1culk55q said:
potatohead":1culk55q said:
scutterhawk":1culk55q said:
daveyoung52":1culk55q said:
Sounds pretty damn reasonable to me.
Yep, the League see's this as the Rams Homecoming to LA Season...It's a wonderful story, and is more than a reasonable assumption.

Yeah cool so they can have a packed house of 32,000 for that LA home playoff game.

Bullshit Spud, Prince Charming stories have NOTHING to do with Officiating not showing BIAS, it happens all the time.
Throwing Lane out of a game for a 'Phantom Punch', and toasting the Seahawks for 15 yards for IT DIDN'T HAPPEN PLAY, is just ONE example of preconceived bias.
Lockett got speared in the head last night and NO FLAG, and later in the game, Earl Thomas is nailed for tackling with his shoulder, NOT HIS HELMET, making incidental contact, and the penalty flag comes out, giving the Falcons fantastic field position....is ANOTHER example of BIAS by the Officials.

I was making fun of LA's seating capacity, not sure why you went off.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
potatohead":2xyd2trm said:
scutterhawk":2xyd2trm said:
potatohead":2xyd2trm said:
scutterhawk":2xyd2trm said:
Yep, the League see's this as the Rams Homecoming to LA Season...It's a wonderful story, and is more than a reasonable assumption.

Yeah cool so they can have a packed house of 32,000 for that LA home playoff game.

Bullshit Spud, Prince Charming stories have NOTHING to do with Officiating not showing BIAS, it happens all the time.
Throwing Lane out of a game for a 'Phantom Punch', and toasting the Seahawks for 15 yards for IT DIDN'T HAPPEN PLAY, is just ONE example of preconceived bias.
Lockett got speared in the head last night and NO FLAG, and later in the game, Earl Thomas is nailed for tackling with his shoulder, NOT HIS HELMET, making incidental contact, and the penalty flag comes out, giving the Falcons fantastic field position....is ANOTHER example of BIAS by the Officials.

I was making fun of LA's seating capacity, not sure why you went off.

The Coliseum aint the Stubhub centre.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
You know that scene in Caddyshack where Rodney Dangerfield asks / bribes the head caddy guy to referee fair against Judge Smails and he says he cant? I bet that's Pete Carroll and the ref before every game.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I think it has to do with the pussification of the NFL. They are so hell bent on safety that they are taking the physicality out of football. Instead of using innovative products for the improvement of safety for the players, they want to destroy the physical nature of the sport. That's what attracts fans in the first place. Seahawks have a reputation of being a very physical team. Therefore, that's what you get. Same thing happened to the Raiders of yesteryear. Next most physical team to the Seahawks is probably Pittsburgh. They have historic ownership - The Rooneys so they aren't touched.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1sw9lpbc said:
Popeyejones":1sw9lpbc said:
As they have been, the Hawks are a very good but very undisciplined team, both on and off the field. It’s part of Carroll’s philosophy and has been discussed as nauseaum at this point.

*Wilson’s improvisational style of play leads to more offensive holding (his line can’t see him, so when he reroutes into a direction outside the play design even the best lineman can get grabby (why there’s not more holding on designed rollouts, but it shows up more for everyone on broken plays or when QBs are escaping pressure laterally).

*A couple players who just get penalized a lot (e.g. Ifedi, Bennett on offsides).

Remember though most of us aren't necessarily complaining about the penalties themselves but about the inconsistency of similar penalties being called on the opposition (PI calls, holding etc.). There has been statistical graphs and data to prove that when teams face Seattle their game average of penalties is always significantly lower. Now arguments can be made about why this happens but this is the "bias" that we hate.

Let's focus on the bolded, as I think it's a good example of the type of cognitive biases which affect EVERY fanbase of EVERY team in EVERY team sport.

1) As a fan of the Hawks, you're going to look at the 2014 graph and see it as evidence of bias against your team, and leave it at that. As a fan what you're likely not gonna do is:

(a) take stock of the fact that these aren't even data for a full season, and are just data for 12 games in 2014 (i.e. 3/4s of one season), which makes the N even smaller (see 2-A below for why that really matters).

(a) take much stock or accord much weight to the fact that the Seahawks being middle of the pack for this for the full season of 2013 presents significant challenges to your bias hypothesis, or that anything is going on at all beside random variance in these first 12 games of 2014.

(b) Say, "hey, interesting, it looks like teams didn't get penalized against us across the first three quarters of 2014, but we were average in 2013, that makes me pretty curious to see the data from 2010-2012, the full year of 2014, and 2015-2016."

Again, these things aren't gonna escape you as red flags because you're dumb or a bad person, but simply because you suffer from the same cognitive biases and motivated reasoning that all fanbases for all teams across all sports suffer from. Because of those biases, even if you consider them you're gonna discount them and jump to "well, yeah, but..." rationalizations.

2) Regarding 2014, betaparticle, who wrote the post on Field Gulls, and practically everyone who reads the post on Field Gulls, are Hawks fans, and they're subjected to the same cognitive biases that every fanbase of ever team across every sport is affected by. Basically what I'm saying is that betaparticle likely engaged in this analysis because he's a Hawks fan and because he thought the Hawks were being treated unfairly. That's totally normal, but that he confirms what he believed to be true, and that those who also want to believe that there is referee bias aren't raising counter-hypotheses or significant problems with the data and what he's doing, should raise some suspicions for us.

To be clear, I don't think betaparticle is intentionally putting his finger on the scale or acting unethically, I think he's just entering into the analysis with the same cognitive biases that everyone else does. Here's what's going on in that post:

(A) Deriving statistical significance: To measure probability and statistical significance for 3/4s of 2014 betaparticle treats his N (i.e. the number of cases) as 192, the number of games played (as N increases statistical significance also increases). That's an error, though, as (1) the observations are not independent and (2) his hypothesis is really about one team. For what he's interested in his N is actually 12 (3/4s of one season's worth of games).

Another way to think about this (and you can do this at home right now if you want) is let's say instead of 32 teams you have 32 regular dimes, and you're going to flip each dime 12 times to investigate if some of your dimes have a bias that lands on heads or tails more than other dimes (there's gonna be some random noise in this if you actually do it so the real thing to do would be to simulate this procedure 1,000 times).

What's gonna happen is you'll get a normal distribution across your dimes that will look like this: https://tinyurl.com/ybu9w6fw

What you'll notice is that across your 32 dimes that have each been flipped twelve times you would EXPECT JUST BECAUSE OF RANDOM CHANCE AND YOUR SMALL N that in a normal distribution some of these dimes are going to appear to be statistically significantly different than the other dimes.

In fact, in this scenario, just based on random chance and probability alone, it would be WEIRD if some of these dimes didn't appear to have magic heads-landing and tails-landing properties even if they don't.

Now, of course, if we flipped each of our 32 dimes 10,000 times each we'd know there's nothing special about our dimes, but this is the problem with small Ns -- it's exactly the problem that is tearing the entire academic discipline of Social Psychology apart right now.

(B) Making a small N even smaller: Let's not forget that the data have been collected for 2013 and the first 3/4s of 2014, but the graph only shows the first 3/4s of 2014. If you can increase you N and have more data available to you, why wouldn't you use it? You wouldn't use it because maybe you looked at the raw numbers for 2013 and saw instantly that it would weaken your case, so you leave it out. (Again, not saying betaparticle is a bad person -- not slipping into doing stuff like this is a challenge even for professional academics such as myself).

(C) Publication Bias If betaparticle didn't find anything of note in his analysis, he probably wouldn't have written up a post about it, and if he did, Field Gulls isn't in the business of publishing non-news. This is our dimes experiment all over again, except now it involves the hundred of little choices that go into an analysis like this (2A is an example of one of these little choices). So suppose you have a 10% chance of having your randomized little choices lead to a statistically significant false positive (like betaparticle's), and 10 fans across each of 32 fan boards doing the same thing for a total of 320 people asking the same question.

On each fan board one person gets a false positive, and nine people don't, so as a first cut 288 people correctly find that nothing special is going on and they don't write a blog post about it.

You now have 32 people left who are looking at their false positive not realizing it was a false positive, and deciding if it's worth writing a blog post, with the blog editor deciding if that post (if written) is worth publishing. 30 of 32 just abandon the project along the way, because the finding is that their team is statistically average, which isn't news for a blog about their team. Then you have the one person who wrongly found that their team is being "privileged" by this, and that's not really a story any fanbase likes to hear or tell itself, so that is likely gonna get canned too.

In the end though, because of publication bias, from 320 potential blog posts you're down to just one, and it's the one that confirms the narrative that EVERY FANBASE, of EVERY TEAM, in EVERY SPORT just loooooves to tell itself:

Outside forces are holding my favorite team back. I've always known it, and here's the data to finally prove it!

:2thumbs:

Reaneypark

Reaction score
It’s just a problem with the whole damn league. These refs are looking for practically any excuse to throw a flag and it’s ruining the fun of football. Watch any random Thursday game and you’ll be bored out of your mind with all the penalties and play stoppages. If I didn’t care so much about the Hawks, I would give up watching live games. They’re mostly horrible.

chris98251

Reaction score
Blame Holmgren, he publicly called out the league and officials after The Bettis Bowl, things have not been the same since.

cymatica

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1iyatmwb said:
seahawkfreak":1iyatmwb said:
Popeyejones":1iyatmwb said:

Let's focus on the bolded, as I think it's a good example of the type of cognitive biases which affect EVERY fanbase of EVERY team in EVERY team sport.

1) As a fan of the Hawks, you're going to look at the 2014 graph and see it as evidence of bias against your team, and leave it at that. As a fan what you're likely not gonna do is:

(a) take stock of the fact that these aren't even data for a full season, and are just data for 12 games in 2014 (i.e. 3/4s of one season), which makes the N even smaller (see 2-A below for why that really matters).

(a) take much stock or accord much weight to the fact that the Seahawks being middle of the pack for this for the full season of 2013 presents significant challenges to your bias hypothesis, or that anything is going on at all beside random variance in these first 12 games of 2014.

(b) Say, "hey, interesting, it looks like teams didn't get penalized against us across the first three quarters of 2014, but we were average in 2013, that makes me pretty curious to see the data from 2010-2012, the full year of 2014, and 2015-2016."

Again, these things aren't gonna escape you as red flags because you're dumb or a bad person, but simply because you suffer from the same cognitive biases and motivated reasoning that all fanbases for all teams across all sports suffer from. Because of those biases, even if you consider them you're gonna discount them and jump to "well, yeah, but..." rationalizations.

2) Regarding 2014, betaparticle, who wrote the post on Field Gulls, and practically everyone who reads the post on Field Gulls, are Hawks fans, and they're subjected to the same cognitive biases that every fanbase of ever team across every sport is affected by. Basically what I'm saying is that betaparticle likely engaged in this analysis because he's a Hawks fan and because he thought the Hawks were being treated unfairly. That's totally normal, but that he confirms what he believed to be true, and that those who also want to believe that there is referee bias aren't raising counter-hypotheses or significant problems with the data and what he's doing, should raise some suspicions for us.

To be clear, I don't think betaparticle is intentionally putting his finger on the scale or acting unethically, I think he's just entering into the analysis with the same cognitive biases that everyone else does. Here's what's going on in that post:

(A) Deriving statistical significance: To measure probability and statistical significance for 3/4s of 2014 betaparticle treats his N (i.e. the number of cases) as 192, the number of games played (as N increases statistical significance also increases). That's an error, though, as (1) the observations are not independent and (2) his hypothesis is really about one team. For what he's interested in his N is actually 12 (3/4s of one season's worth of games).

Another way to think about this (and you can do this at home right now if you want) is let's say instead of 32 teams you have 32 regular dimes, and you're going to flip each dime 12 times to investigate if some of your dimes have a bias that lands on heads or tails more than other dimes (there's gonna be some random noise in this if you actually do it so the real thing to do would be to simulate this procedure 1,000 times).

What's gonna happen is you'll get a normal distribution across your dimes that will look like this: https://tinyurl.com/ybu9w6fw

What you'll notice is that across your 32 dimes that have each been flipped twelve times you would EXPECT JUST BECAUSE OF RANDOM CHANCE AND YOUR SMALL N that in a normal distribution some of these dimes are going to appear to be statistically significantly different than the other dimes.

In fact, in this scenario, just based on random chance and probability alone, it would be WEIRD if some of these dimes didn't appear to have magic heads-landing and tails-landing properties even if they don't.

Now, of course, if we flipped each of our 32 dimes 10,000 times each we'd know there's nothing special about our dimes, but this is the problem with small Ns -- it's exactly the problem that is tearing the entire academic discipline of Social Psychology apart right now.

(B) Making a small N even smaller: Let's not forget that the data have been collected for 2013 and the first 3/4s of 2014, but the graph only shows the first 3/4s of 2014. If you can increase you N and have more data available to you, why wouldn't you use it? You wouldn't use it because maybe you looked at the raw numbers for 2013 and saw instantly that it would weaken your case, so you leave it out. (Again, not saying betaparticle is a bad person -- not slipping into doing stuff like this is a challenge even for professional academics such as myself).

(C) Publication Bias If betaparticle didn't find anything of note in his analysis, he probably wouldn't have written up a post about it, and if he did, Field Gulls isn't in the business of publishing non-news. This is our dimes experiment all over again, except now it involves the hundred of little choices that go into an analysis like this (2A is an example of one of these little choices). So suppose you have a 10% chance of having your randomized little choices lead to a statistically significant false positive (like betaparticle's), and 10 fans across each of 32 fan boards doing the same thing for a total of 320 people asking the same question.

On each fan board one person gets a false positive, and nine people don't, so as a first cut 288 people correctly find that nothing special is going on and they don't write a blog post about it.

You now have 32 people left who are looking at their false positive not realizing it was a false positive, and deciding if it's worth writing a blog post, with the blog editor deciding if that post (if written) is worth publishing. 30 of 32 just abandon the project along the way, because the finding is that their team is statistically average, which isn't news for a blog about their team. Then you have the one person who wrongly found that their team is being "privileged" by this, and that's not really a story any fanbase likes to hear or tell itself, so that is likely gonna get canned too.

In the end though, because of publication bias, from 320 potential blog posts you're down to just one, and it's the one that confirms the narrative that EVERY FANBASE, of EVERY TEAM, in EVERY SPORT just loooooves to tell itself:

Outside forces are holding my favorite team back. I've always known it, and here's the data to finally prove it!

The graphs and data only reinforced what many were seeing. The explanations you give are assuming cognitive bias is the sole reason. That always plays a part , but if we actually watch the games, it becomes obvious the other team is allowed to play on edge and get away with more all the time.

Sometimes you do have to trust your eyes. Sometimes our own preconceived bias will cause us to complicate and explain away what is right in front of us.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
cymatica":osk7gllf said:
The graphs and data only reinforced what many were seeing. The explanations you give are assuming cognitive bias is the sole reason. That always plays a part , but if we actually watch the games, it becomes obvious the other team is allowed to play on edge and get away with more all the time.

Sometimes you do have to trust your eyes. Sometimes our own preconceived bias will cause us to complicate and explain away what is right in front of us.

1) Just as a point of clarification, I absolutely AM NOT arguing that cognitive bias is the sole reason.

My point 2-A from above explains what's happening in that graph, and what's happening isn't about cognitive bias. Point 2-C is the same way.

2) Regarding "trusting your eyes", my issue with that is that it doesn't hold any water once you set the standard as "trusting your eyes."

a) As a precondition you have to accept the mathematical truth that referee bias is zero-sum: that means that if refs are biased, for each unit they hurt one team they have to help another team (i.e. you cannot be biased against a team without helping their opponent).

b) As a second precondition you have to accept that every fanbase for every team across every sport believes that on balance bad refereeing has hurt their team. Of course there will be a distribution in each fanbase, but it's a massively skewed distribution, in which some think it's a bias against their team, some think it's just bad refereeing, and some think this is motivated reasoning and much ado about nothing. The distribution is massively skewed because across all fanbases across all sports it's impossible to find a meaningful segment of any fanbase that believes that bad refereeing regularly HELPS their team.

As a result, from the distribution of fan beliefs the average position across all fanbases is that bad refereeing hurts their team.

c) With those two preconditions established, let's return to just the NFL and the 32 fanbases for each NFL team (although this also applies across NBA, NHL, MLB, MLS, and all the major college sports fanbases too).

Because of "a" above (i.e. bad refereeing is zero-sum) it is actually impossible for beliefs from "b" above to be true.

As a result, "trust your eyes" is a much more empty statement than how it is presented, as the real claim isn't "trust your eyes", it's "ignore the eyes of 31 fanbases and trust MY eyes."

Oddly enough, when we make statements like this we're showing MUCH MORE distrust of eyes than we are showing trust for eyes, as pre-baked into the dough is the belief that the eyes from 31 fanbases are wrong, and it just so happens to be that the eyes of the fanbase that the person is making the statement from are correct.

A distrust of 31 fanbase's eyes and unwavering belief in a fanbase's own eyes is of course true of all 32 fanbases.

As a result, we actually know that when it comes to fans we can't trust their eyes, because all fans of all teams believe that the vast majority of pleas to "trust your eyes" are in fact very untrustworthy.

(And just as an interesting aside, this same zero-sum logic holds for religious beliefs, which is what leads to the quip that atheists (I'm not an atheist, btw) sometimes make to believers: "We're exactly the same when it comes to all the religious faiths in the world, except I just believe in one less of them than you do.")

cymatica

Reaction score
As a result, "trust your eyes" is a much more empty statement than how it is presented, as the real claim isn't "trust your eyes", it's "ignore the eyes of 31 fanbases and trust MY eyes."

Oddly enough, when we make statements like this we're showing MUCH MORE distrust of eyes than we are showing trust for eyes, as pre-baked into the dough is the belief that the eyes from 31 fanbases are wrong, and it just so happens to be that the eyes of the fanbase that the person is making the statement from are correct.

A distrust of 31 fanbase's eyes and unwavering belief in a fanbase's own eyes is of course true of all 32 fanbases.

Understand exactly what you are saying and I agree it can be a factor. But it is also possible to trust your eyes if you detach yourself emotionally from the experience. I do this all the time when watching movies or any tv just to catch the subliminals. Very tough when watching a live game but much easier after a week.

I can't pretend to know if the refs hate Seattle or it's just, as some say, a result of their own perceptions. But I do know our head coach has indicated this is a problem. Our own players notice. Then on top of that, we have data and charts that show their was a really bad bias for chunks in a season(they probably let up when attention is brought to them). Then when I watch games now I look to see if the calls at least go both ways. Sometimes they do but most of the time Seattle is forced to play much cleaner.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3d04v2nd said:
seahawkfreak":3d04v2nd said:
Popeyejones":3d04v2nd said:

Flipping Dimes :34853_tinfoil: ............... Interesting :34853_doh:
I have watched other games (Not Seahawks), that showed inept & uneven Officiating, so are my eyes lying to me?, hell no!

Popeyejones

Reaction score
scutterhawk":268ewkkm said:
Flipping Dimes :34853_tinfoil: ............... Interesting :34853_doh:

:lol: Yeah, had flipping quarters initially but "quarters" also means NFL quarters and season quarters (which I had discussed with 3/4s of a season worth of data), so dimes just seemed clearer.

Extra nerd bonus points: with all the new state quarters the 50/50% coin flip for quarters doesn't work as well anymore, because they all have different weights on the tail side. ;)