SF @ NO

pehawk

Reaction score
Great thread guys. I'm sure eventually we'll convince Mertyl49, NINEMRS, BlutoJames, etc.

That 4th down play reminds me of a throw Ken Dorsey made to Kevin Barlow.

XOXO

Jose Cortez

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
bigtrain21":2g420k51 said:
Marvin49":2g420k51 said:
bigtrain21":2g420k51 said:
Niner Lineman was downfield on the pass to crabtree. #66 on the left side of the .gif

34dmmgi

Bummer.

Not for you Marvin.

Here is another thing they missed on the play. It should have been whistled dead at the snap. Iupati is not set when the ball is snapped.

B4evkn

And this kind of thing never happens to the Hawks right?

bigtrain21

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":nh48kawc said:
bigtrain21":nh48kawc said:
Marvin49":nh48kawc said:
bigtrain21":nh48kawc said:
Niner Lineman was downfield on the pass to crabtree. #66 on the left side of the .gif

34dmmgi

Bummer.

Not for you Marvin.

Here is another thing they missed on the play. It should have been whistled dead at the snap. Iupati is not set when the ball is snapped.

B4evkn

And this kind of thing never happens to the Hawks right?

Quite frankly, I have never seen anyone move that much pre-snap and not not have it called and I watch tons of games. He wasn't even close to set and it was extremely obvious.

I am not sure why you are insinuating that I am saying that. Of course bad calls happen. They get pointed out when they do happen though which is what I am doing. You got pretty lucky that neither of those obvious calls ruined the biggest play of your game.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2b8bzp0n said:
Kaep was frustrated by drops and he was making some suck reads. A couple of the NO linebacker came to play, but I was very disappointed by the way the NO D-line played.

Ingram is playing for a deal.

When I say they flinched, I mean that in OT they were trying to hit homeruns, a point of the game when they should have crammed the ball down the Niners throat. OT should have been a hella lot of Ingram.

Ingram is like most RBs these days, he struggles before he looks good later. It's so rare to see a RB have success immediately in the NFL and maintain that success for 8 years. Even Lynch had a couple of off years.

Ingram was, I thought, the perfect NFL RB in college. It's took awhile, but late last season he got to the place I thought he'd be as an NFL player. That momentum has carried over to 2014. I wouldn't say he's playing for a deal, because he started to figure things out in 2013.

Not sure how much money he'd make with his history of injuries. He'll probably be Knowshon 2.0 in FA next year.

WRT to OT, the excellence of Ingram aside, Cooks and Graham against SF's secondary is a mismatch that can't be ignored. And it's not like the 49ers took it to the Saints in OT, one team made one mistake and the other team immediately won the game because of it. If the 49ers had turned the ball over and immediately lost, we wouldn't be talking about playcalling.

I thought both teams looked really good, in different ways of course. If it ends up being an 11-5 Hawks team visiting a 7-9 Saints team, I will be nervous as hell, especially with Mebane done for the year.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
pmedic920":2whwvxpk said:
I looked away.
How did 9ers get the ball back?

Oh they converted that fourth down and ten, like this:

kaepbomb.0.0.gif

Would have jumped into the road if I were a Saints fan.

bigtrain21":2whwvxpk said:
Marvin49":2whwvxpk said:
bigtrain21":2whwvxpk said:

34dmmgi

Bummer.

Not for you Marvin.

B4evkn

Nope pretty sure that is allowed.

The rule in question, about being set for one second before the snap, says this:

"After a shift or huddle all players on offensive team must come to an absolute stop for at least one second with no movement of hands, feet, head, or swaying of body."

(1) They were set for one second before looking back at the quarterback

(2) There were no shifts

(3) Their motion was not simulating the snap.

And finally:

"No interior lineman may move abruptly after taking or simulating a three-point stance."

Neither occurred here. The linemen did not take or simulate a three-point stance.

My understanding is that that isn't a penalty.

Regarding the linemen down field: As he passes the one yard past the line buffer, he is hit by a defender from behind. According to the NFL rules, since that contact is made he is not an ineligible man downfield.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/pu ... Fumble.pdf

"An ineligible player is not illegally downfield if, after initiating contact with an
opponent within one yard of the line of scrimmage during his initial charge:

(a) he moves more than one yard beyond the line while legally blocking or being blocked by an
opponent"

Since he was hit from behind just as he was crossing the one yard buffer, he is not in violation. Of course, we could split hairs about the timing, but that's a judgement call by the official.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3d6day2d said:
pmedic920":3d6day2d said:
I looked away.
How did 9ers get the ball back?

Oh they converted that fourth down and ten, like this:

kaepbomb.0.0.gif

Would have jumped into the road if I were a Saints fan.

bigtrain21":3d6day2d said:
Marvin49":3d6day2d said:
bigtrain21":3d6day2d said:

34dmmgi

Bummer.

Not for you Marvin.

B4evkn

Nope pretty sure that is allowed.

The rule in question, about being set for one second before the snap, says this:

"After a shift or huddle all players on offensive team must come to an absolute stop for at least one second with no movement of hands, feet, head, or swaying of body."

(1) They were set for one second before looking back at the quarterback

(2) There were no shifts

(3) Their motion was not simulating the snap.

And finally:

"No interior lineman may move abruptly after taking or simulating a three-point stance."

Neither occurred here. The linemen did not take or simulate a three-point stance.

My understanding is that that isn't a penalty.

Regarding the linemen down field: As he passes the one yard past the line buffer, he is hit by a defender from behind. According to the NFL rules, since that contact is made he is not an ineligible man downfield.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/pu ... Fumble.pdf

"An ineligible player is not illegally downfield if, after initiating contact with an
opponent within one yard of the line of scrimmage during his initial charge:

(a) he moves more than one yard beyond the line while legally blocking or being blocked by an
opponent"

Since he was hit from behind just as he was crossing the one yard buffer, he is not in violation. Of course, we could split hairs about the timing, but that's a judgement call by the official.

He was moving before the ball was snapped to get into a set position and continued moving while the ball was being snapped and was never set. He clearly was not doing what he was supposed to be doing. As a matter of fact he was shocked he ball was snapped because he hesitated for a second after he got into his set position. He violated the whole "Not moving at the time the ball is being snapped" which has been called since football was invented.

Regarding the illegal downfield call, he was clearly 2 yards downfield when he was pushed. I am not sure how you can debate that. He ran 2 yards downfield on his own.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Niner fans love to bitch about officiating or how the Seahawks cheat on defense until they are the beneficiary of such bad calls. Happy to see they finally called Boldin on his garbage. He has lived off of pushing the defender on almost every play. Can you tell me more about how Sherman is only good because he holds the wr's?

What was the Saints secondary doing? I would hate to be in the film room when they go over that. Zero excuse for that.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
austinslater25":2x59k3sm said:
Niner fans love to bitch about officiating...until they are the beneficiary of such bad calls.

As do Seahawks fans, and Titans fans, and Pistons fans, and Manchester United fans, and All Blacks fans, and so on.

Welcome to fandom. We've been waiting for you. ;)