SF @ NO

Marvin49

Reaction score
Largent80":3hri0gc7 said:
Ha, look who gets the Giants this week.

Then it's turkey time for S.C.

:49ersmall:

No....they play the Giants and the Redskins before Thanksgiving.

Mike 4G

Reaction score
bigtrain21":1g6mxfg4 said:
That was a penalty that was completely missed by the referee. Marvin is wrong on this one. That play never should have been allowed because the guard wasn't set when the ball was snapped. He was on his way back to getting set but was standing.

They also missed a lineman being downfield on the same play.

I think the most WTF on that play were the Saints DB's...

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Mike 4G":dp5n285u said:
[

No more WTF IMO than having a first down pass dropped on first down, second down, and third down in that sequence, IMO. :lol:

Likewise, blown coverages happen and not to belabor the point too much, but if you watch All 22 regularly a CB shading over and getting out of position on a backside receiver as a QB is pinning himself against the opposite sideline is FAR from uncommon. That ball traveled 70 yards through the air. Against probably 28 of 32 starting QBs in the NFL leaving the backside guy with space in that position and trailing the play IS the smart move, oddly enough. It doesn't mean he didn't blow it of course, but I can understand how it happened.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Mike 4G":1x7ep6mw said:
bigtrain21":1x7ep6mw said:
That was a penalty that was completely missed by the referee. Marvin is wrong on this one. That play never should have been allowed because the guard wasn't set when the ball was snapped. He was on his way back to getting set but was standing.

They also missed a lineman being downfield on the same play.

Only thing I can think of is that they saw Vernon breaking open and converged on him and never thought anyone could get the ball that deep as quickly as he did.

He threw th ball from the 16.5 yard line and Crab caught it at the 29....and it travelled diagonally across the field.

That's 54.5 yards....if you add about 5-10 yards for the diagonal angle its about 60-65 yards in the air on a fairly low trajectory and high velocity.

I have no idea how many but I don't know if there are too many guys in the league capable of making that play.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3kz7gfnd said:
Mike 4G":3kz7gfnd said:
[

No more WTF IMO than having a first down pass dropped on first down, second down, and third down in that sequence, IMO. :lol:

Likewise, blown coverages happen and not to belabor the point too much, but if you watch All 22 regularly a CB shading over and getting out of position on a backside receiver as a QB is pinning himself against the opposite sideline is FAR from uncommon. That ball traveled 70 yards through the air. Against probably 28 of 32 starting QBs in the NFL leaving the backside guy with space in that position and trailing the play IS the smart move, oddly enough. It doesn't mean he didn't blow it of course, but I can understand how it happened.

VERY TRUE.

All three of the previous 3 passes were dropped. LOL.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Niner Lineman was downfield on the pass to crabtree. #66 on the left side of the .gif

34dmmgi

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":hl3f04kg said:
Oh, and they didn't get any gifts. If anything, San Fran should have won by more, in regulation. New Orleans flinched in the face of playing physical ball, which is why I took San Fran for this game.

Props for picking the 49ers. I thought it would be a tough game but favored the hot team at home.

Really sucks for us, they let the 49ers off the hook on 4th and 10, and quite honestly I think Graham still catches that Hail Mary no problem without the pushoff. Only the 2nd time in NFL history an OPI has been called on a Hail Mary.

Both teams looked good. The game had an NFCCG feel.

I disagree about the Saints backing down to physical play. They frustrated Kaep for the most part, and led a heroic drive at the end to take the lead with under two minutes remaining. They had a very good shot to win in regulation if not for horrible clock management and a boneheaded pushoff. Ingram continues his tear. The 49ers were more physical in the pass rush but in the run game I thought it looked pretty close.

Dammit all, Borland is good. He was good in college, and he's good in the NFL.

Marvin49

Reaction score
kearly":3u5a1jao said:
Scottemojo":3u5a1jao said:
Oh, and they didn't get any gifts. If anything, San Fran should have won by more, in regulation. New Orleans flinched in the face of playing physical ball, which is why I took San Fran for this game.

Props for picking the 49ers. I thought it would be a tough game but favored the hot team at home.

Really sucks for us, they let the 49ers off the hook on 4th and 10, and quite honestly I think Graham still catches that Hail Mary no problem without the pushoff. Only the 2nd time in NFL history an OPI has been called on a Hail Mary.

I disagree about the Saints backing down to physical play. They frustrated Kaep for the most part, and led a heroic drive at the end to take the lead with under two minutes remaining. They had a very good shot to win in regulation if not for horrible clock management and a boneheaded pushoff. Ingram continues his tear. The 49ers were more physical in the pass rush but in the run game I thought it looked pretty close.

I don't think they frustrated Kap. I think Boldin frustrated Kap by dropping the ball 5 times. LOL.

Ya...Borland is a baller. Might be heir apparent for Willis...tho I think Willis still has a lot of tread on the tire. Lightning quick in small spaces and packs a punch...but don't ever let him run more than 15-20 yards. No long speed at all.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Marvin49":11kra2qw said:
bigtrain21":11kra2qw said:
Niner Lineman was downfield on the pass to crabtree. #66 on the left side of the .gif

34dmmgi

Bummer.

Not for you Marvin.

Here is another thing they missed on the play. It should have been whistled dead at the snap. Iupati is not set when the ball is snapped.

B4evkn

Marvin49

Reaction score
bigtrain21":pco3jbmn said:
Marvin49":pco3jbmn said:
bigtrain21":pco3jbmn said:

34dmmgi

Bummer.

Not for you Marvin.

Here is another thing they missed on the play. It should have been whistled dead at the snap. Iupati is not set when the ball is snapped.

B4evkn

Again...to quote Steve Mariucci....

Bummer.

Honestly, it doesn't even really bother me. NFL officiating is so horrible these days that I can only hope they screw up in the Niners favor more than they screw up in the other teams favor.

So far this season, there has been ALOT of the latter and not so much of the former.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Marvin49":1la10bls said:
bigtrain21":1la10bls said:
Marvin49":1la10bls said:
bigtrain21":1la10bls said:

34dmmgi

Bummer.

Not for you Marvin.

B4evkn

Bummer.

Honestly, it doesn't even really bother me. NFL officiating is so horrible these days that I can only hope they screw up in the Niners favor more than they screw up in the other teams favor.

So far this season, there has been ALOT of the latter and not so much of the former.

Of course you are gonna deflect and spin Marvin. The bottom line is that play on 4th down never should have happened because the whistle should have blown it dead at the snap. Once they were allowed to keep playing it should have been called back for a lineman down field. You got ridiculously lucky that neither was called.

I am not saying you didn't deserve to win or anything like that. I am just saying the 49ers were extremely lucky that the play was allowed to stand.

Marvin49

Reaction score
bigtrain21":1k2irqxy said:
Marvin49":1k2irqxy said:
bigtrain21":1k2irqxy said:
Marvin49":1k2irqxy said:

Not for you Marvin.

B4evkn

Bummer.

Of course you are gonna deflect and spin Marvin. The bottom line is that play on 4th down never should have happened because the whistle should have blown it dead at the snap. Once they were allowed to keep playing it should have been called back for a lineman down field. You got ridiculously lucky that neither was called.

I am not saying you didn't deserve to win or anything like that. I am just saying the 49ers were extremely lucky that the play was allowed to stand.

When did I say otherwise?

I believe my response was "bummer". Just glad the football gods shined on us this time.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Marvin49":1hza0xp7 said:
Just glad the football gods shined on us this time.

Football gods shining on you equals the refs blatantly ignoring a false start that would have lost the game for you. Congratulations.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kearly":1t02cuqh said:
Scottemojo":1t02cuqh said:

Kaep was frustrated by drops and he was making some suck reads. A couple of the NO linebacker came to play, but I was very disappointed by the way the NO D-line played.

Ingram is playing for a deal.

When I say they flinched, I mean that in OT they were trying to hit homeruns, a point of the game when they should have crammed the ball down the Niners throat. OT should have been a hella lot of Ingram.

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
bigtrain21":3jwl378g said:
Marvin49":3jwl378g said:
bigtrain21":3jwl378g said:

34dmmgi

Bummer.

Not for you Marvin.

B4evkn

Someone needs to get this guy to make a video - these games are all rigged by the NFL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X732486xLd8

rideaducati

Reaction score
Kaep is frustrated every game because his offensive linemen don't wear cleats that match their uniforms.

NINEster

Reaction score
Seahawks fans don't get the "bummer" reference.....haha. Ask the fans of the team you just beat what that term refers to. :mrgreen:

As for the 4th down play, I wouldn't blame the Saints DBs. If anything maybe you blame the pass rush or something.

Converting 4th and 10 with the only bomb attempt of the game??? Think about it guys. Is that the time to throw a big play downfield??

Vaccaro was probably correct in jumping the Vernon Davis route which was short. Only hindsight says its wrong.

Also, I believe the CB on Crabtree gave up on the route maybe after seeing Kap roll right. Unless it was a zone coverage I wasn't reading right.

It was a helluva play by Kaepernick. Only a few QBs could have made that throw, and everyone else attempting it would have failed and never exposed the coverage assignments on that play.

Regarding potential penalties on that play, I'd imagine refs figure its hard enough to make a play and probably won't scrutinize anything that's not egregious. I often times see them allowing an "arching" OL where nobody but the center is on the LOS in similar situations. That's not allowed by rules and would be an automatic penalty in the 1st quarter, but never in a do or die situation.

I've also seen very inconsistent calling of intentional grounding, throwing past the LOS, pick play interference, league wide this year.

The Saints were gonna need an egregious OL/RB hold for that play to come back and so far none have been reported.

With respect to the hail mary, I'm just annoyed it even was anything but a jump ball to begin with. With two timeouts remaining, the 49ers should have called at least one to ensure they had half their DBs waiting near the end zone prior to the snap. Graham caught that damn ball in stride, which would ordinarily only happen in a non hail mary play. Tell me the last time you've ever seen a Hail Mary from 50 yards out caught like that?

So catching it in stride after the push off instead of catching a jump ball was a big reason why it was called.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2usll59u said:
Marvin49":2usll59u said:
Just glad the football gods shined on us this time.

Football gods shining on you equals the refs blatantly ignoring a false start that would have lost the game for you. Congratulations.

Thanks. Coming from you that means a lot.