Shaquille Griffin's twin brother, Shaquem Griffin

massari

Reaction score
Is it against the rules to wear a mind controlled Bionic Hand?

[youtube]F_brnKz_2tI[/youtube]

I'm sure Paul Allen can find some spare change under his couch cushions to get the best one out there for him.

massari

Reaction score
I want him. At the very least, he's going to be a special teams star.

[youtube]lMuAD76i_PM[/youtube]

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He will get drafted and will play pro ball, what a wonderful story of perseverence and determination.

It is impossible not to root for this young man.

He’d certainly look good in college blue and action green.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Given our needs, I don't see him lasting until we get around to picking a LB. Maybe we'll grab him and add him to the Legion?

SeatownJay

Reaction score
He's getting drafted on day two, so the only way Seattle's getting him is if they trade out of the first round or trade Earl and/or Bennett for picks.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This kid is the next Kam.

I said that earlier, we get him and we have someone that can fill in for Kam when needed and can rush the passer if we need that.

He is perfect as a hybrid LB/SS that can rush the passer but also does a great job of tracking the RB or TE - even in space.
He has tremendously strong hands too. Sure, the lack of one might lead to a few horsecollar penalties when he is running someone down from behind, but I notice even on those he grabs, gets closer and re-established his grip in another area so there is no penalty.

And damn can he hit. Watch the Auburn game, he has a nose for the ball and for the QB. He gets under and around the blockers quickly. But I think he can patrol the middle almost as effectively as anyone else we could find.

I think he overdid it on the 4.38 and that is why he struggled a bit with the DB drills (note his 4.6ish time on the 2nd go round but I think you have comfortably expect consistent 4.45-4.5 speed from him which is SS material) as he was cramping.

Sure he doesn't have a hand but he takes great angles. And on film, he can cover and catch. He is just as fast on film as in the combine. And for a guy to run in at 222 with 4.45-4.5 speed that hits like that? He can be another Hammer in the secondary and fill in as that hybrid cover LB we need.

That said, read his letter to the GMs. If you don't think that attitude will not spill over to other players - you are crazy. Get this kid in crowd of people and watch...I would buy whatever he had to sell.

Everyone loves him as a feel good story, but he would be such an amazing fit on this team especially with the synergy that playing with his brother would bring....it might be worth it to pick him up in a round earlier than he is projected. The downside is less with him.

massari

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1dgyj1n7 said:
He's getting drafted on day two, so the only way Seattle's getting him is if they trade out of the first round or trade Earl and/or Bennett for picks.
Seahawks have a 4th, three 5th's and three or four 7th rounders. They have the ammo to move into round 3 I think.

Damn, some people think he's going round 2 now. Maybe he'll be the Hawks trade down target from #18.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think John was going both yes and oh shit, they certainly had him on their radar and now there are 31 other teams that do also. He is a perfect Kam replacement, a few of us seen that months ago and he continues to not only erase questions but solidify that analysis.

He is going to be a 2nd rounder if he keeps this up, or early third, one handed or not he has proven he can play with it, if nothing else a prosthesis to help him wrap of hard rubber or something. He will be able to afford it now.

If other teams see Kam in him or a Troy Polamalu type.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
So did he do the LB drills and the DB drills same day? Or skip the LB drills?

randomation

Reaction score
Heck with it grab him with our first not like we are going to actually pick an Oline anyway and with that speed and size he can be the big Nickle pete has wanted.

12forlife

Reaction score
In a normal year where the hawks 10+ draft picks I would say that the hawks would use a pick on Shaquem no doubt, but so few picks as it stands right now do we have that luxury? With running a 4.38 at the combine, and being small for a LB. with 3 picks in the 5th do PC/JS pull the trigger to Shaquill's twin to take over at SS?

The Breh

Reaction score
We'll have gain earlier picks somewhere.
He's on everybody's radar now.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
He'll be gone before the third round. If you want him you trade down and grab him round two. I wouldn't even be opposed to the tail end of round one as well.

ducks41468

Reaction score
Great measurables, great tape, great work ethic. What's not to like? Instead of getting cute and wasting the pick on some project or headcase, I'd honestly just draft him at 18 or with our second rounder after the inevitable trade down.

12forlife

Reaction score
chris98251":3mqjpbai said:
I think John was going both yes and oh shit, they certainly had him on their radar and now there are 31 other teams that do also. He is a perfect Kam replacement, a few of us seen that months ago and he continues to not only erase questions but solidify that analysis.

He is going to be a 2nd rounder if he keeps this up, or early third, one handed or not he has proven he can play with it, if nothing else a prosthesis to help him wrap of hard rubber or something. He will be able to afford it now.

If other teams see Kam in him or a Troy Polamalu type.

Exactly he is the perfect replacement for Kam. The Shaq's attack would make a Def backfield the whole league would fear, with a healthy ET & hopefully Sherm is back to form to open the season. plus his left being gone it is like a club with some pro coaching imagine all the forced fumble possibilities. I really like the Idea of us grabbing him with our first pick after we trade down of course, he is a special talent, but this team needs to recoup some draft picks with all our holes.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I’m thinking he’s going to be at least a 2nd rounder.
Him going to the combine and dominating hurt the Hawks chances of stealing the guy with a late round pick.
Gotta give the kid a ton of credit, he busted his ass, and all of that hard work is going to pay off shortly, I hope it’s here.

themunn

Reaction score
I don't see him going in the top 2 rounds - GMs are staking everything on it if he does.

If RW didn't get drafted until 3rd round despite being one of the best players in college simply because he was "too short", I can't see Griffin going before the 3rd either. I suspect he'll probably go in the 4th

Latest posts