Shawn Kemp arrested

James in PA

Reaction score

JPatera76

Reaction score
I’m curious why it’s being reported as a drive by shooting though.. because TMZ has a video of time shooting off a fire arm standing in a parking lot..

I’m no lawyer but I’d assume the charges would be more of.. discharging a weapon within city limits, something premeditated, attempted murder? Idk 🤷

Regardless it still overall sucks. I always liked SK.

Last edited:

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I’m curious why it’s being reported as a drive by shooting though.. because TMZ has a video of time shooting off a fire arm standing in a parking lot..

I’m no lawyer but I’d assume the charges would be more of.. discharging a weapon within city limits, something premeditated, attempted murder? Idk 🤷

Regardless it still overall sucks. I always liked SK.
The report is that he was in a car and the shot was toward the other car. Says there are witnesses that he was the shooter. It gives no info about the witnesses. If they are drug dealers, that would undercut their credibility.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sad. I was such a big fan of the Sonics...Some of my favorite sports memories is watching the magic which was Payton and Kemp during the mid-90's. He ended up moving within miles of my house in Maple Valley and even started a flag football team in our local flag football league. He was a real douche. Highly competitive (as to be expected from a former All Star NBA player) but just really douchey about it. Big disappointment. And now this? Sheesh.

JPatera76

Reaction score
The report is that he was in a car and the shot was toward the other car. Says there are witnesses that he was the shooter. It gives no info about the witnesses. If they are drug dealers, that would undercut their credibility.
Yeah nah. The report definitely doesn’t match what’s being shown on the TMZ video so idk.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
If someone can load up his assault weapons and cross state lines to confront someone he doesn't agree with, and have to murder people for his own safety, this should be pretty clear-cut, no?

Slick

Reaction score
As always, wait for all the information to come out.

This has went from "Shawn Kemp is a gangster he did drive by!!!!" to some version of him using some sleuthing to gain back some stolen property and then having to defend himself. It will probably still evolve....

sutz

Reaction score

olyfan63

Reaction score
If someone can load up his assault weapons and cross state lines to confront someone he doesn't agree with, and have to murder people for his own safety, this should be pretty clear-cut, no?
Yeah, but Kemp, if he was the shooter, was probably shooting at Tacoma thugs trying to rob him, l Kemp is also claiming self-defense. Similarities end there, though, because, Kemp "didn't cross state lines" and no actual auto dealerships were burned down in the committing of whatever crime

Sounds like someone jacked a bunch of Kemp's pot plants or other mood-altering substances and Kemp had tracked them down to get the "items" back and teach them a lesson. I mean, it "sorta worked" for OJ to get some of his memorabilia back, never mind the prison time, so why not "give it a shot?"

Will be interesting to see if any charges stick or it all gets swept under the rug.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I mean, even if Kemp did cross state lines with an assault rifle to confront somebody, he has every right to defend himself from that person or anyone else who threatens his life. We all have that right. Thank goodness, too. It would suck to live in a country where your only option in such a situation would be to either just die, or do life in prison.

JPatera76

Reaction score
I’m intrigued in how his iPhone location was pin pointed down to that vehicle tbh. I wish I knew how the tracking worked better. As I’ve left my iPhone in my vehicle once, and it said it was like .. 1 block over at my neighbors house, I couldn’t tell until I used my wife’s to ping it and then listened for it, and even then I really had to look inside my truck because when I put my ear up against the window to even hear it outside it was damn near impossible to hear it.

Imagine you’re sitting in your SUV in Tacoma road noise near by and you some big ass dude walking around listening for a phone to ping (IF THATS what happened) it would sure as hell startle me.

So then it leaves me with 3 questions, 1) the accuracy of the location of the iPhone and 2) how did a Shawn Kemp hear the phone ping so well to know exactly that’s the vehicle, road noise, and other stuff would’ve made it damn near impossible.

So I hope this wasn’t a Personal beef, because last question for him would be, 3) why tf did you ditch your firearm in the bushes like that… for someone else (like a kid) to find? Just stupid all around.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Perhaps Kemp knew which vehicle it was because he recognized it and knew the person. He's looking for his phone in that area, sees the vehicle of a guy who was recently at his house around the time his phone went missing, and then does the math and confronts him.

Just one possibility.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Perhaps Kemp knew which vehicle it was because he recognized it and knew the person. He's looking for his phone in that area, sees the vehicle of a guy who was recently at his house around the time his phone went missing, and then does the math and confronts him.

Just one possibility.
Very true

JPatera76

Reaction score
Espn just reported it as well

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score

Just one possibility.
I think Kemp recognized the vehicle/people who took his phone. He apparently did not tell the police who they are. Why?