Shell to Seattle

toffee

Reaction score
Not sure if he was signed to replace Ifeldi or as backup to Ifedi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2hzq6sth said:
Seymour":2hzq6sth said:
Not sure what all the excitement is about this signing? Sounds like a very inconsistent player with a bottom 20% of the league ranking we just signed. Last year he lost his job to a rookie on a very bad oline, then was forced back due to injury. Sure I'll give him a shot, but my first impression is we are still in Ifedi territory here.

Yeah, but Ifedi level performance on Shell's contract in today's NFL is pretty sweet. Also, Shell has graded out slightly better than Ifedi, with less penalties.

I think it's a slight performance upgrade for better than expected value. I love that.
I believe he was slightly better than Ifedi in most categories, and as you said yourself he doesn't have the same penalty concerns. If we get another Ifedi for what we paid for Shell that is a win. Slightly better performance for a cheaper price point.

It is clear that the Seahawks are looking for value propositions right now in free agency. I'm okay with that.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/johnpboyle/status/1242547438696595456[/tweet]

............... looking forward to seeing the Shell and Fluker combo.

Vaclav44

Reaction score
Jville":3haayj8u said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/johnpboyle/status/1242547438696595456[/tweet]

............... looking forward to seeing the Shell and Fluker combo.

Me too. I think Shell will be a pleasant surprise without the false starts and other mental lapse penalties that we had with Ifedi all too often. Was so tired of hearing Ifedi's number being called for the wrong reasons. Shell and Fluker could outright maul the opposition.