Sherman and Browner facing suspension

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Cadillac":2oy8klwz said:
I could understand Browner, but Sherman? He's the last guy that I would've expected.

Heartbreaking, honestly.

I don't want to rush to judgment before this is all sorted out, but still. I remember feeling the same way with some of the names on the Mitchell Report a few years ago.

This has got to be a troll post... they might have just taken adderall

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
Browner and Sherm are going to milk the appeals process and most likely play out the rest of the season. I'm hoping by the time they do get suspended (if appeal is denied), then we will have some reliable replacements at hand.

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
Richard Sherman ‏@RSherman_25
This is issue will be resolved soon and the truth will come out. Not worried
Expand

12HawkFan

Reaction score
Is there a chance that the players knew about the failed drug tests BEFORE the game and this contributed to the less than stellar job the defense did today?

I have read just about everything that has been posted in this forum about this subject and nowhere have I seen it mentioned WHEN the players were notified.

I know it went public after the game, but when did the players actually know?

Has anyone seen info on this?

Cadillac

Reaction score
Basis4day":2i5p2gu0 said:
No one burned a moffit jersey. Quit pretending that this is some big moral offense.

Lol because no one owned one.

Browner and Sherman are high profile guys, and a lot of people look up to them and respect them. Maybe you don't, but I'm not wrong for it.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
West coast team, 10am game vs east coast opponent. Historical chance to win: .222%

We lost by a FG in the last seconds. I think that had more to do with it than anything.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Cadillac":wnbqxv2a said:
Basis4day":wnbqxv2a said:
No one burned a moffit jersey. Quit pretending that this is some big moral offense.

Browner and Sherman are high profile guys, and a lot of people look up to them and respect them. Maybe you don't, but I'm not wrong for it.
Way to support your team. Only high profile players need to be perfect? Nothing has been resolved. Take a tums if your stomach hurts. That you would compare this to the Mitchell is laughable.

Rocket

Reaction score
Some seem to think they got "busted" for a blood test that was taken today.
Can anyone substantiate that?

Cadillac

Reaction score
Basis4day":2tkz2gco said:
Cadillac":2tkz2gco said:
Basis4day":2tkz2gco said:

Way to support your team. Only high profile players need to be perfect? Nothing has been resolved. Take a tums if your stomach hurts. That you would compare this to the Mitchell is laughable.

I didn't compare this to the Mitchell Report. I compared my feeling of football players that I like being accused of PED use to that of baseball players that I like being accused of PED use (in the Mitchell Report).

Again, if you just don't care, then that's fine. Don't hold me to your standard.

I do support my team. They won today. Quite frankly, I think I care more about yours than you do.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I'm willing to believe it was Adderrall until proven otherwise. As a doctor, I can say that not all of the 'banned substances' in sports have direct on-field performance-enhancing benefits. Some, like adderall, are mostly used for alertness, studying, or to get high. Could be recreational, could be to study game tape. Still, it's directly chemically related to an illegal substance, and is a HIGHLY controlled medication, and is clearly disallowed by the league's policy.

Some, like steroids, lead to direct on-field benefits.

Some, like spironolactone, are actually widely-used medications that happen to have indirect effects on hormonal balance. Spironolactone, for instance, is a testosterone antagonist, which is to say that it opposes the action of testosterone in the body. It is a blood pressure medication with no direct evidence that it legitimately increases on-field performance. Still, it is banned, and players get in trouble for using it.

They're all clearly rules violations. They all carry a 4-game penalty. They're all boneheaded mistakes. But I lose a lot more respect for athletes who take drugs for direct on-field benefit than I do for other banned substances, and I'm willing to wait and see.

Starrman44

Reaction score
I've read through all of this. I am reserving judgment until more info comes out. Even if things are substantiated, I will still support my team and the players involved. Nobody is perfect. Hopefully Sherm knows what he is talking about...

Throwdown

Reaction score
ADERALL?! THATS IT?! REALLY!?

what the hell kind of facist is Goodell? How is Aderall bad? I used to take that stuff for my ADHD when I was a kid.

Latest posts