Sherman article

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kidhawk":2n81g7iw said:
RCATES":2n81g7iw said:
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/richard-sherman-49ers-seahawks-free-agency

All the rumors of trying to keep him with a possible pay cut was wrong. Lost a lot of respect for Hawks front office today. Sherman did more for this team then anyone. The fans all loved him. He gave his all and as soon as he got hurt they kicked his ass out.

They took a gamble that he wouldn't get a better deal elsewhere and that they could bring him back by matching whatever he was able to get. He got more than they were willing to pay, so he's gone. This is how it goes in the NFL. It doesn't change my view of the team or of Sherman. They both did what they felt needed to be done.
This guy gets it. Good post sir! :2thumbs:

2_0_6

Reaction score
RCATES":2hj21hbg said:
2_0_6":2hj21hbg said:
It must be hard for some to comprehend that in the NFL you need to pay for what you will get from the player moving forward, NOT for what the player has done in the past.

Funny you should say that. Kam 100% was paid on his past performance's. Guys been MIA every since. Not talking about post-injury either.

Funny you should say that. That contract has put a major bind on our flexibility this season and next.

Pete and John learned from this and wont do it again. Hence Sherm goes bye bye

tacomahawk

Reaction score
RCATES":dsccb3lo said:
Hang this high in the rafters at Century Link under this era of a championship and other accomplishments.

"The era that LOB built and RW destroyed"

No one will ever hold RW accountable though. Window closed the moment Russ threw that pick.

If the defense that included RS, don’t give up a two score lead, the play would have never happened. Let’s hang that from the rafters, or we could just believe that crap happens, and it doesn’t always work out.

adeltaY

Reaction score
RCATES":bif004ve said:
Hang this high in the rafters at Century Link under this era of a championship and other accomplishments.

No one will ever hold RW accountable though. Window closed the moment Russ threw that pick.

Oh that's such bullshit.

adeltaY

Reaction score
RCATES":1kn7xefi said:
2_0_6":1kn7xefi said:
It must be hard for some to comprehend that in the NFL you need to pay for what you will get from the player moving forward, NOT for what the player has done in the past.

Funny you should say that. Kam 100% was paid on his past performance's. Guys been MIA every since. Not talking about post-injury either.

Kam was elite in 2016 and 2017.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
adeltaY":1pqiiqx5 said:
Inb4 Sherman is a liar, delusional, salty, etc.

We cut him straight up damn. Sucks.

I see nothing wrong or out of the ordinary with what the Seahawks did and I'm not sure Sherman is trying to spin it that way, but this is still just one side of the story from someone who tried to perpetuate a lie in the absolute dumbest way possible by denying saying something at a recorded press conference. You'll never hear the other side and Sherman knows that.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Memories. Like the corners of my mind. Misty water-colored memories. Of the way we were...

Don't blame him for going to a division rival. He gave the Seahawks 7 good years, and they gave 7 to him. Apparently it was time to move on. I hope he can.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Marvin49":1wynnhj8 said:
My guess is the further the Seahawks fan base gets away from it the more sense it will make to them. I don't know what Sherman has left but this is just the way of the NFL. If you are going to be a fan of a team for any significant amount of time, this is the way of the world. Get used to it.

Subtle 2012s diss. :lol: :lol:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
MrThortan":18p2wknn said:
Apparently it was time to move on. I hope he can.

Both on the Joe Thomas podcast and in his presser with the 9ers today he talked about but didn't seem particularly worked up about it.

My sense is that what we already know of Sherman will continue to be true: (1) he cooks up slights to motivate himself, and (2) at the end of the day he's a showman.

My guess is that the 2x times this year that the 9ers play the Seahawks he'll ham it up a little bit that week, but that beyond working as a motivational tactic it's not really a real thing for him.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seanhawk":xyfq3t24 said:
adeltaY":xyfq3t24 said:

I see nothing wrong or out of the ordinary with what the Seahawks did and I'm not sure Sherman is trying to spin it that way, but this is still just one side of the story from someone who tried to perpetuate a lie in the absolute dumbest way possible by denying saying something at a recorded press conference. You'll never hear the other side and Sherman knows that.
Jim Moore and his fans REALLY need to get over it. Wonder which Hawk Moore will ambush in 2018?

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
Shoot, I own a Wingstop in Seattle. And I highly doubt people there are gonna stop eating wings just because I don’t play football there anymore.

Absolutely hilarious! Lol

But on a serious note Sherman did the right thing and has every reason to be disappointed and want to stick it to the Seahawks twice a year after reading how it really went down.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
RCATES":1wj3cu48 said:

This is pure ignorance.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2jb4v6qy said:
Seanhawk":2jb4v6qy said:
adeltaY":2jb4v6qy said:

Jim Moore and his fans REALLY need to get over it. Wonder which Hawk Moore will ambush in 2018?

Hilarious if you think I'm a Jim Moore fan. I don't even listen to the guy. Barely know who he is.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I do not see anything wrong with this deal. Seattle wanted to keep him but not for what SF was willing to pay for him. Good for him.

He really doesn't really need to react to people hating him and burning his jersey, you are going to get those. Dude is a Seahawk for life. Go get paid, finish your career and when the time comes Seattle will welcome you back as our Hall of Famer.

A bad deal was the Hutch fiasco. Not this.

chris98251

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":25i6bno7 said:
I do not see anything wrong with this deal. Seattle wanted to keep him but not for what SF was willing to pay for him. Good for him.

He really doesn't really need to react to people hating him and burning his jersey, you are going to get those. Dude is a Seahawk for life. Go get paid, finish your career and when the time comes Seattle will welcome you back as our Hall of Famer.

That was all Ruskell telling Holmgren he was in charge basically, broke a promise no notification to let Holmgren know.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
chris98251":1nqcbg7s said:
seahawkfreak":1nqcbg7s said:

That was all Ruskell telling Holmgren he was in charge basically, broke a promise no notification to let Holmgren know.

Yup and to be honest,,,,,,,most hate this but I still really appreciate Hutch's time here. I don't blame him. What a reckless fail on the FO.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The most recent one was the crap he tried to pull with Felix Hernandez, and Felix just interrupted him and basically owned him. That being said, Sherm claiming he didn't say anything is pretty funny.

OP
OP
R

RCATES

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":2stwb3sk said:
RCATES":2stwb3sk said:

This is pure ignorance.

These will be fun to bring back at the end of the upcoming season. How many more years do you need to see?

SB49 Wilson blows it with game ending pick
2015 Hawks luck out on Walsh's missed game ending FG. Get shit on the following week in Carolina.
2016 Get shit on in Atlanta
2017 9-7 (NO PLAYOFFS) get shit on at home by a Arizona team full of back-ups to end the season.

Maybe after not making the Postseason this year some of you will open your eyes. Its over.

Last 5 years.........
13-3
12-4
10-6
10-5-1
9-7
I'll put $100 dollars Hawks finish 8-8 or worse this year. Trend continue's.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
To be clear...

You're hoping this blows up on the Hawks so you can be right that "it's over", as reflected in your "this will be fun" and "i'll put $100"

you are genuinely rooting against the team success at this point

That's the spirit

Latest posts