Sherman article

AKNFidel

Reaction score
There’s no doubt the Seahawks front office never asked Sherman to take less money to continue with the Seahawks. The front office knew that he wouldn’t accept that, and then would go to the media stating thier offer was insulting. The Seahawks knew they were in a no win situation and took the least amount of damage by releasing him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2ell6281 said:
Nothing is clear, and NO fans are in on what goes on behind closed doors. None of us know.

Well when people can pull their heads out of the sand they will see that CLEARLY he is not a Seahawk, the front office made that decision by not working with him enough on negotiations if they really wanted him to be here.

If they thought he was disposable then it was just a courtesy meeting to say thanks but no thanks.

toffee

Reaction score
Marvin49":1kfi4g1p said:
You can't be top heavy AND old.

Bill Walsh used to say he'd rather let a guy go a year too early than a year too late. I think thats what's happening.

In Hawks case, Pete is doing it a year too late. Pete should have done what he is doing now a season EARLIER. He should have rid of Cable, Bev, Sherman and company last off season. Would have gotten more picks, more cap room relief.

So we are doing it a year too late, but still better than not doing it at all.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
There was no way the team could have predicted the Malik stupidity, let alone fluke injuries to Kam and Cliff. NO team can predict that stuff.

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
I disagree....they brought on the Malik stupidity themselves. So many ignored red flags. Not just his character, but that he did not have a motor ....... Worst combine interview ever. I bet you that Pete the ever optimist pushed for this.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I understand why Sherman did it as a 12.

SEA released him, after all.

It'll be cool watching him on local games.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Popeye, do you see Sherm as a good trade?

He's coming off a major injury and is getting older. I don't think he's the player he was in 2013, but yeah, I think he's a player.

The 49ers FO in particular have a h-on for Seattle. Like when they were losing to some other team, they'd put on the Jumbotron that SEA lost and that would actually gain more reaction than from the game on the field. Jeb's made many dumb decisions.

Do you think this is one?

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":bfr50fgp said:
Popeye, do you see Sherm as a good trade?

He's coming off a major injury and is getting older. I don't think he's the player he was in 2013, but yeah, I think he's a player.

The 49ers FO in particular have a h-on for Seattle. Like when they were losing to some other team, they'd put on the Jumbotron that SEA lost and that would actually gain more reaction than from the game on the field. Jeb's made many dumb decisions.

Do you think this is one?

Well it wasn’t a “trade”. The Niners picked him up after Sherm was cut by us.

But yes it was a good PICK UP by the Niners, Sherm still has plenty in the tank, and they knew he would play with an anger against us, so I would expect him to look and play a lot younger/better this year than his last couple of years.

We all know how his motivation drives him.