Sherman badly burned - looks like he lost about 4 steps

toffee

Reaction score
Marvin49":1jlqmijc said:
toffee":1jlqmijc said:
adeltaY":1jlqmijc said:
Chapow":1jlqmijc said:
I love me some Sherm. He's one of my favorite players ever and I hate that his time in Seattle is over. I wish him nothing but the best.

That being said, he looked very slow and stiff in that video compared to what I'm used to seeing from him. Shockingly so IMO. But, that is one single rep in practice. What did his other reps look like?

According to a tweet quoted in the Niners subreddit

Cam Inmam":1jlqmijc said:
Sherman didn’t let that happen his next rep — when he grabbed Aldrick Robinson coming off the line and held onto jersey like bull rider #8seconds

Time for Shanny and Lynch serious consider handing over their '19 1st round pick and '20 4th round pick for our HOF Earl. Sherm just ain't the same without Earl covering his behind.

Couple things there...

1) No way in hell Seattle trades Earl in division and especially not to the 49ers with Sherman.
2) 49ers aren't looking for safeties. They like Colbert and Tartt and if they really felt they needed a guy they'd resign Reid.
3) There is only one guy out there who MIGHT be available for trade that the 49ers should be investigating...and thats Khalil Mack.

Reid, Colbert and Tartt ain't in the same class as our hall of famer at this prime Earl. Besides, Sherm ain't the same without Earl. With all that, 9ers might persuade John and Pete with picks.

SF49r

Reaction score
Don't sleep on Adrian Colbert

[tweet]https://twitter.com/49er_edits/status/985326381281132545[/tweet]

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1mlyjv5k said:
adeltaY":1mlyjv5k said:
Uncle Si":1mlyjv5k said:
adeltaY":1mlyjv5k said:
My lord why are so many of our fans invested I sherman failing? The dude is coming back from an injury that ends careers on the regular. Embarrassing to see the joy evident in some of these posts.

is it?

Because Sherman has been trashing the organization since he left. He was also a disruptive force in his last bit of time hear. There are Seahawks fans here who feel aggrieved by it, as they are welcome to.

I personally could care less, but to be "embarrassed" by some fans who feel burned by the guy celebrating his failure in his new place lacks perspective.

I strongly disagree. He's entitled to his opinion and helped bring a championship to this city. His play in the NFC Champ game is THE iconic play of that playoff run. It was a bad breakup and he mouthed off but that's what I could care less about. Unless a player is a domestic abuser, murderer, vandal, or something along that vein I have no hate in my heart for any of them... Even Blount at this point.

Celebrating a guy getting burned in camp when he's coming back from a serious injury comes off as super salty and lacking class. Are we going to post highlights of when he gets burned during the season? Talking about non seahawks games.

Yall are right about him blaming everyone else for his failure though, see evidence:

Richard Sherman":1mlyjv5k said:
He got me” Sherman said of Goodwin’s go-route. “That f***ing Marquise boomed me.” Richard added, “Hes so fast,” repeating it four times. He said he wanted to add Marquise to the list of players he wants to continue working with this summer.

Blaming teammates and coaches without holding yourself accountable is also lacking class. Doing it after youve been released is salty.

You can paint the same broad stroke of importance with any fan on here. But don’t be a hypocrite. How is he e turned to his opinion and we are not? Sherman has demonstrated a willingness to continue to disrupt and disrespect his former team. Hero or not, fans have every right to voice their disapproval.

Sherman may one day be welcomed back and remembered for all the good he did for Seattle. Right now he acts like a jilted ex girlfriend who can’t stop talking about how she’s moved on.
That pretty much sums the feeling of Sherm here.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I’m not rooting against him. I’d just like him to stop talking about Seattle. I want him remembered for all the good he did here.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The time table for returning to full health for a completely ruptured achilles is 6-9 months.............and that's for the unwashed masses like us just doing normal half assed athletic endeavors like jogging.

Injury happened in November, so no way Sherman is back to full health and in the kind of football speed shape to run down a WR like Goodwin.

Hell, he might never get that burst of speed back.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
As I understand it that was literally his first rep comikg back from the injury. Also if any cb in the league misses a jam on Goodwin it’s a TD if it’s one on one and the qb gets the ball there.

Besides, if I’m not mistaken he’s not been burnt in 11 on 11s and has had a pick or two.

Bottom line is I’d wait until September before judging if he’s really “lost four steps” or if he was just taking his first rep back from two foot injuries against one the fastest wrs in the league.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
toffee":3gmr28is said:
rlkats":3gmr28is said:
One on one, man he was blown away. It goes to show all it’s not one person that makes a great D. Wow he looked painfully slow. Hopefully he took that one off lol.

You bet OCs are watching this clip and planning some fast WR on Sherm. On the other hand, it wasn't a serious play, Sherm didn't jam Goodwin at the line, he just allowed him to slip pass. And of course it was the safety's fault for not being there.
There was no safety or pass rush or anything. It was a 1 on 1 drill.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1v0xcg61 said:
So much irony. Niners fans sticking up for the formerly hated Richard Sherman :lol:

While Hawk fans revile the formerly loved Sherman? I'd save that laugh if I were you.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, it's hilarious. I don't wish bad on the guy, but he plays for the Niners, I certainly am not going to spend my time sticking up for the guy all year, or hope he plays great. Except for against the Rams or Cards.
Sports are funny like that, I get it. I couldn't stand Ricky Watters. After he came here, loved him.

kobebryant

Reaction score
I thought Kyle Juszyzyzych (their FB) made a pretty good point http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... hing-point about not reading too much into clips of things that happen in practice. Practice is an opportunity to try new things, new techniques, challenge yourself, take on different matchups etc without repercussion.

If Sherm is covering smaller WRs who run in the 4.3s or faster on deep routes without safety help in the regular season - that's on the coaches, as even in his prime that wouldn't be a good situation for him. The worry for Sherm would come if he can't hang with Fitzergald, Marshall or Woods come the regular season.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":11v9ils5 said:
Nah, it's hilarious. I don't wish bad on the guy, but he plays for the Niners, I certainly am not going to spend my time sticking up for the guy all year, or hope he plays great. Except for against the Rams or Cards.
Sports are funny like that, I get it. I couldn't stand Ricky Watters. After he came here, loved him.

You may not wish badly on him, but others have.

I'm still a fan of Sherman, but I'm not rooting for him either. If Russ ever leaves I'll do the same thing, just like I did for Hass, Kitna and others.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
OkieHawk":14gy7vl2 said:
SoulfishHawk":14gy7vl2 said:

You may not wish badly on him, but others have.

I'm still a fan of Sherman, but I'm not rooting for him either. If Russ ever leaves I'll do the same thing, just like I did for Hass, Kitna and others.

I think fans reactions to Sherman are understandable. He draws this type of reaction. He beckons it.

He was causing disruption while still here and fans were turning on him.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":33o30zk8 said:
I think fans reactions to Sherman are understandable. He draws this type of reaction. He beckons it.

Some didn't like what he did at first, but how many people here were laughing at other fans reactions to his antics? It changed later in his tenure here, but at first the vast majority here loved it. To hate it now is ironic, which was my initial point.

People are free to think how they want in regards to this, I just find it funny, that's all.

Cheers!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":13qzbvbt said:
True. I just think it's lame that he just keeps going on and on about it. Move on Sherm.

He wont tho. He is still selling his brand...in t-shirts, jerseys, and other trinkets. He is making bank on his brand and that is his mouth.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, he does love him some him :lol:
I'll always appreciate him for what he did for this team. I just choose to not dwell on it that's all. It sucks he's gone, but he's gone.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
OkieHawk":jhfsswl6 said:
Uncle Si":jhfsswl6 said:

Some didn't like what he did at first, but how many people here were laughing at other fans reactions to his antics? It changed later in his tenure here, but at first the vast majority here loved it. To hate it now is ironic, which was my initial point.

People are free to think how they want in regards to this, I just find it funny, that's all.

Cheers!

Certainly. I think it's the "It changed later in his tenure here" that has made the dislike for Sherman by Seahawks fans an easy transition.

He called out coaches, players, got into a public and embarrassing spat with a media member and lied about it. He's an articulate, thoughtful and diligent advocate of social rights and the protection of his peers. In his prime, he was a hell of a player. He's an interesting guy. No doubt.

But... he's also an anti-hero. And that makes it easy for fans to turn on him. And, to be honest, probably something he covets