Sherman: "Half the league uses Adderall"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... l/related/

Thought this statement by him might not go over well with the rest of the players in the league as he is basically diming everybody out which might make the league start testing for it harder.

If he was a Niner I would be a little irritated that he won't let it go, but obviously he isn't afraid of attention, no matter what kind it is.

What do you guys think of his statement?

Throwdown

Reaction score
He didn't dime anyone out, I was always taught that dropping a dime meant you named names.

and he's probably right.

OP
OP
NinerLifer

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Throwdown":1x0iw7y9 said:
He didn't dime anyone out, I was always taught that dropping a dime meant you named names.

and he's probably right.

Ya he didn't specifically name anybody, but I wouldn't be surprised if good ol' Roger decided to investigate a little deeper as a result.

And yes he is probably right, which is what might irritate some players.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Well, there goes any hint of thinking that Richard Sherman might actually have been innocent in that whole Adderall debacle.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Meh..

Sherm might have been busted the first time and got away with it, but considering the schedule of testing they get put on when they fail, Sherman played for most of the season clean as they come.

The guy had a failed test in early sept and was tested a bunch after that. He is tired of being singled out for something many others do.

drdiags

Reaction score
Probably a line he could have saved for another day. The reporter got him to make a statement that overrides the main messaging his visit with the kids and to Vancouver was supposed to be all about. And that message was kids need to get off the couch and performing physical exercise 60 minutes a day at the minimum.

He has a right to his opinion. I don't share it but that isn't the issue. I would have preferred he stow it for another day.

sc85sis

Reaction score
His dramatically improved play continued all season, even after he won his appeal and was immediately tested again.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":qmshwq8l said:
Doesn't matter if he was innocent or not. His play improved DRAMATICALLY after the false failed test. He was innocent because the testing procedures were not correctly followed.

I love this. Sherman is pissing everyone in the league off and getting inside their heads. It's a big part of his game and thus far has been extremely effective. If Sherman being hated by the rest of the league gives him - and thus the Seahawks - a competitive advantage, then I'm all for it.

Having the charges dropped had nothing to do with innocence. It had to do with faulty test procedure. And, yes, his innocence does matter, at least to me. Adderall shouldn't be a part of sports just like steroids shouldn't be a part of sports.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Trrrroy":25od9dw9 said:
Well, there goes any hint of thinking that Richard Sherman might actually have been innocent in that whole Adderall debacle.

Or maybe he's tired of being asked about it all the time when he didn't take it but half the league does.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Sherman used the phrase "about half the league" to iterate Adderall's prevalence. It's like when a high school kid says "half the kids at my school drink" when it isn't literally 50% of the students. So let's not take it too literally.

If the league office is basing its substance program on the random soundbites of players, it is more out of touch than we thought. I think the number of positive tests over the past few years would have piqued the league's interest. That's to say: no, this will not cause the league to ramp up its testing efforts.

jack_patera

Reaction score
NinerLifer":1069z7w8 said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/10/richard-sherman-half-the-nfl-takes-adderall/related/

Thought this statement by him might not go over well with the rest of the players in the league as he is basically diming everybody out which might make the league start testing for it harder.

If he was a Niner I would be a little irritated that he won't let it go, but obviously he isn't afraid of attention, no matter what kind it is.

What do you guys think of his statement?

not to go off topic but if he was a niner you guys would be coming in to this year as defending super bowl champs...

Uncle Si

Reaction score
NinerLifer":3qkzppo2 said:
Throwdown":3qkzppo2 said:

and he's probably right.

Ya he didn't specifically name anybody, but I wouldn't be surprised if good ol' Roger decided to investigate a little deeper as a result.

And yes he is probably right, which is what might irritate some players.

Dont you think the failed drug tests, suspension of one player and overturned suspension of another means Adderall is already on Roger's radar?

chris98251

Reaction score
Well Adderall improves focus and concentration, how many hear think that drinking Redbull or quad shot coffees or Monster drinks, Genseng extracts etc is ok to do at work. It's a stimulus or supplement.

If your riding red eye flights and have to be up the next morning early or have a meeting your wanting to be sharp at and want to be on your game I would think many here use some of those I mentioned even if not admitted, what about the waitress or waiter wanting to get thru that dinner rush or lunch rush? We have introduced these things as ok to use as far as a society, we market and advertise getting an edge with many of them.

I don't see Adderall really as any different.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":19ac8hxu said:
Trrrroy":19ac8hxu said:

Or maybe he's tired of being asked about it all the time when he didn't take it but half the league does.
Bingo!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
PFT? There's a site that never does ANYTHING to drum up controversy. I mean, the tag "Rumor Mill" isn't a dead giveaway here.

McGruff

Reaction score
drdiags":lknwpo2b said:
Probably a line he could have saved for another day. The reporter got him to make a statement that overrides the main messaging his visit with the kids and to Vancouver was supposed to be all about. And that message was kids need to get off the couch and performing physical exercise 60 minutes a day at the minimum.

He has a right to his opinion. I don't share it but that isn't the issue. I would have preferred he stow it for another day.

How do you expect kids today to play outside for 60 minutes a day without performance enhancing drugs?!

This isn't the 1980's, ya know.

McGruff

Reaction score
chris98251":1i7iszn8 said:
Well Adderall improves focus and concentration, how many hear think that drinking Redbull or quad shot coffees or Monster drinks, Genseng extracts etc is ok to do at work. It's a stimulus or supplement.

If your riding red eye flights and have to be up the next morning early or have a meeting your wanting to be sharp at and want to be on your game I would think many here use some of those I mentioned even if not admitted, what about the waitress or waiter wanting to get thru that dinner rush or lunch rush? We have introduced these things as ok to use as far as a society, we market and advertise getting an edge with many of them.

Also, most athletes use adderal the same way most college kids do . . . Not as a study/performance aid but as a party enhancer. It's a substance that helps overcome the sedating effects of alchohol and keeps the party rocking.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
chris98251":2o73apkj said:

Same.

I've said this before, I'd love it if they legalized some minor low potency cocaine based supplements like the old days.

Imagine the energy drinks then!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts