Sherman injury thread (Officially Out for season)

Rat

Reaction score
There goes another year of our Super Bowl window. No chance this team wins a championship without him.

chris98251

Reaction score
xStickybudz":3u6p2qmc said:
HawkRiderFan":3u6p2qmc said:
It's terrieble for Sherm obviously but the timing could not be worse for him personally. Isn't he scheduled to hit free agency next year?

1 more year after this

He won't be full go by the start of next season I don't think. Even then it will beinteresting to see what he has lost, he was never a speed guy 4.6 or 4.7 I think legitimately .

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":1n3iqka8 said:
It's terrieble for Sherm obviously but the timing could not be worse for him personally. Isn't he scheduled to hit free agency next year?

If so....can we afford him? I'm sure that he would want at least a three year contract.

AgentDib

Reaction score
RussB":1xfnmkn3 said:
Might seem like an overeaction but its true, window is closing fast.
I don't think that's true at all. We'll have a lot of turnover this next off-season regardless of how this season finishes, and there's no reason to write off future seasons simply because there are lots of unknowns. Which NFC team out there are you sure will be dominating us in 2020? Everybody loses key players and the future is as uncertain for them as it is for us. Last year the Falcons were going to own the NFC for the next five years and they may not even make the playoffs this season.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
No replacing Sherm by far. But with an able MacDougal running big nickel/dime packages and a returning Shead my hope is not lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Wonder if he just played his last game here? 1 year left..what is the cap relief if he is cut?

xStickybudz

Reaction score
Cyrus12":jer52pue said:
Wonder if he just played his last game here? 1 year left..what is the cap relief if he is cut?

Why would we cut sherm? We are already thin at CB? And we would cut a very good one for what reason besides cap relief ?

zchurch74

Reaction score
Julio is going to have a career day next week

Who is going to cover Jones? Next week could be ugly at home if we don’t get healthy by then. Sherm is out for sure. It will be interesting to hear the news about everyone else and what’s the prognosis.

If we could sneak a win out against Atlanta and 49ers we could still have a chance to make the playoffs.

chris98251

Reaction score
xStickybudz":16qzh253 said:
Cyrus12":16qzh253 said:

Why would we cut sherm? We are already thin at CB? And we would cut a very good one for what reason besides cap relief ?

We drafted several DB's, we need room to sign other players, he may not make it back to have meaningful snaps before mid season and would be a big chunk of change sitting on IR.

xStickybudz

Reaction score
zchurch74":fopg374j said:

Who is going to cover Jones? Next week could be ugly at home if we don’t get healthy by then. Sherm is out for sure. It will be interesting to hear the news about everyone else and what’s the prognosis.

If we could sneak a win out against Atlanta and 49ers we could still have a chance to make the playoffs.

I don’t even wanna think about Julio against Jermey lane

chris98251

Reaction score
Burley and Maxwell I think are both available still, although our cap room now is prohibitive.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
xStickybudz":31xrx067 said:
zchurch74":31xrx067 said:

Doubled up I would think now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
xStickybudz":2n4w57as said:
zchurch74":2n4w57as said:

Or if we wanna be honest instead of burying Jeremy lane.

Shaq will get toasted most likely. He would of gave up a cpl TDs tonight if Stanton could throw. Season is on ICU.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Julio is always hurt, IDK if he'll be 100%. Then again, he dominated the Packers while injured and just embarrassed some of their DBs so who knows. That's why we need Earl back. Also, thanks to Sark ball, they haven't been targeting him as much.... that might change against us on MNF.

Offense (Russell Wilson) is gonna have to carry now. Please come back DB!

Blitzer88

Reaction score
HUGE blow for the team and our season just hit a major road block. As much as I want to think we will be able to manage, I just can't see it. Offense needs to pick pick it up, but I just don't see that happening and now we hit the toughest part of our schedule with high powered offenses and we lose our best CB in Sherm? Game over.

mikeak

Reaction score
I guess I don't understand hearing about him having pain in the Achilles then putting him out there to play on a short week...

I know it is the NFL but it isn't like ribs hurting

chris98251

Reaction score
Post game press conference he stood up and took the questions, at the end he finally started to break down a bit, left podium with tears and staff consoling him. Even Pete seemed a bit choked up when it came to talking about him.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sherman is such a warrior. This game actually swayed me to go buy a Sherman jersey.

He went out there, fully knowing at some point in the season that his Achilles would pop. He also played most of the year babying it and not cutting on it fully.

That's why it pissed me off to see fans here criticizing Sherman, claiming he's washed up and that he's not as good anymore. The guy still grades out as a top 3 CB while playing on an Achilles that he KNEW was going to rupture this season.

Then on top of that, after he does it, he pushed the doctor away, stand on the sidelines and helps coach up the younger DB's and encourage his team mates. The guy is the definition of a warrior and deserves our respect.

And unfortunately, Julio Jones is going to have a field day against us next week. I hope Shead is ready to come back soon.