Sherman Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
If I had to guess; Hawks asks Sherman to take a pay cut.

They know they have some leverage with his high cap hit and low penalty, and he probably would not find similar money just coming off his injury.

I'm guessing he is having a lot of people close to him send a message to the Hawks that he is not taking a pay cut even if it means he is cut or traded.

xStickybudz

Reaction score
Couldn’t care less about trading Bennett but Sherm.... naw man I’m not ready for that yet

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
Blitzer88":23xrq8ic said:
Decimation":23xrq8ic said:
Well.........this is telling.

Not saying it's NOT true, but if I had a dollar for every time my own mother posted something dramatic before having all the facts, I'd have a lot of extra dollars.

Decimation

Reaction score
Crizilla":1kxzggev said:
Sherm just followed a bunch of Bucs players on social media.

Damnit.. what the hell is going on today in Seahawk land. He’s the one player other than Earl I REALLY would hate to see leave. Just wouldn’t be right seeing him in another uniform.

Decimation

Reaction score
Decimation":36vur3d6 said:
Crizilla":36vur3d6 said:

Damnit.. what the hell is going on today in Seahawk land. He’s the one player other than Earl I REALLY would hate to see leave. Just wouldn’t be right seeing him in another uniform.

I hope all of this is just BS but where there’s smoke there’s fire like somebody said in this thread..

Edit: accidental double post, my bad.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, if it's a TRADE and a team is going to take on that 11 mil cap hit, makes more sense.
Unless it's official, I'm not going to assume anything. He's not gone, he's still a Seahawk.

toffee

Reaction score
Sherman was never the speed monster, his combine 40 was 4.56. Multiple injuries and age, he may be in the 4.6 to 4.7 range, very slow for CB, his prime is probably over and downhill from here. Cutting him now is painful, but a wise move. Should have traded him last summer, could have gotten at least something.

Not cutting him now would slow down the rebuilding process. Pete can tolerate Sherman when he's prime but not an older, slower, and grumpier Sherman.

Seymour

Reaction score
Crizilla":1e3rxw4u said:

Ahhhh....the old TJ Lang trick. That didn't work too well.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":e6khahk3 said:
If this is true about Sherm, it’s an idiotic move. You don’t get better by getting rid of your best players.
Looks like JS and PC are way too confident in their “abilitys”. You are creating a HUGE whole in a team that has more holes than you can would like to have. This move (if true) will burn this team for years.

Welcome to 8-8 for the foreseeable future if true.

Bennet is old and getting older

Sherman had a late season achilles injury, is on 11 mil and may not even be ready for the season

This IS, unfortunately, how you get better in this league. Pats have been doing it for years.

What the Hawks do with the cap space and picks is what will determine their future at this point.

But hanging on to guys who are past or passing their prime is a business move worth taking.

raisethe3

Reaction score
So they are going to keep Lane over Sherman? Seriously?

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1os77d30 said:
Sports Hernia":1os77d30 said:
If this is true about Sherm, it’s an idiotic move. You don’t get better by getting rid of your best players.
Looks like JS and PC are way too confident in their “abilitys”. You are creating a HUGE whole in a team that has more holes than you can would like to have. This move (if true) will burn this team for years.

Welcome to 8-8 for the foreseeable future if true.

Bennet is old and getting older

Sherman had a late season achilles injury, is on 11 mil and may not even be ready for the season

This IS, unfortunately, how you get better in this league. Pats have been doing it for years.

What the Hawks do with the cap space and picks is what will determine their future at this point.

But hanging on to guys who are past or passing their prime is a business move worth taking.

Spot on. I'm surprised you are taking the Sherman news that well to be honest.

I assume you meant NOT hanging onto though.

original poster

Reaction score
Looks like he's been traded to the Cowboys for Dez Bryant.

EDIT - Total nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts