Sherman Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":1rn7ebeu said:
Uncle Si":1rn7ebeu said:
Sports Hernia":1rn7ebeu said:
If this is true about Sherm, it’s an idiotic move. You don’t get better by getting rid of your best players.
Looks like JS and PC are way too confident in their “abilitys”. You are creating a HUGE whole in a team that has more holes than you can would like to have. This move (if true) will burn this team for years.

Welcome to 8-8 for the foreseeable future if true.

Bennet is old and getting older

Sherman had a late season achilles injury, is on 11 mil and may not even be ready for the season

This IS, unfortunately, how you get better in this league. Pats have been doing it for years.

What the Hawks do with the cap space and picks is what will determine their future at this point.

But hanging on to guys who are past or passing their prime is a business move worth taking.

Spot on. I'm surprised you are taking the Sherman news that well to be honest.

I assume you meant NOT hanging onto though.
Yes.. NOT...

I love Sherman, and never once bought the "attitude problem" angle, but it's best to get out early than late with these players. Especially after a major injury. His presence will be missed.

My only concern is what the team does with cap space and picks now.

Seymour

Reaction score
original poster":w0d6nbmn said:
Looks like he's been traded to the Cowboys for Dez Bryant.

You can't be serious? Trouble for Double Trouble??

I think not. :pukeface:

Crizilla

Reaction score
original poster":bf7gss4q said:
Looks like he's been traded to the Cowboys for Dez Bryant.

lol yeah saw that too

on the troll adam shefter twitter account XD

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":mutsoecb said:
Seymour":mutsoecb said:
Uncle Si":mutsoecb said:
Sports Hernia":mutsoecb said:
If this is true about Sherm, it’s an idiotic move. You don’t get better by getting rid of your best players.
Looks like JS and PC are way too confident in their “abilitys”. You are creating a HUGE whole in a team that has more holes than you can would like to have. This move (if true) will burn this team for years.

Welcome to 8-8 for the foreseeable future if true.

Bennet is old and getting older

Sherman had a late season achilles injury, is on 11 mil and may not even be ready for the season

This IS, unfortunately, how you get better in this league. Pats have been doing it for years.

What the Hawks do with the cap space and picks is what will determine their future at this point.

But hanging on to guys who are past or passing their prime is a business move worth taking.

Spot on. I'm surprised you are taking the Sherman news that well to be honest.

I assume you meant NOT hanging onto though.
Yes.. NOT...

I love Sherman, and never once bought the "attitude problem" angle, but it's best to get out early than late with these players. Especially after a major injury. His presence will be missed.

My only concern is what the team does with cap space and picks now.

Valid concern....and mine as well. The past few years being an indication there is plenty of reason to be concerned.
If they just build a decent oline in 2018, I'll be content....for a while.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
original poster":24t8amqj said:
Shanegotyou11":24t8amqj said:
Strong rumors are Sherman is going to TB.

In a trade?

All I heard is they enquired last week.

They disappeared. So probably bs. Then another person said Sherman started following these guys today and all were buc players.

DJrmb

Reaction score
imnKOgnito":2is7jlco said:
Blitzer88":2is7jlco said:
Decimation":2is7jlco said:
Well.........this is telling.

Not saying it's NOT true, but if I had a dollar for every time my own mother posted something dramatic before having all the facts, I'd have a lot of extra dollars.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/marinerhawk/status/971480099089338368[/tweet]

kidhawk

Reaction score
I really don't like losing Sherman. I do hope they are getting something good in return for him. I realize we need cap space, but you can't replace a guy like RS even coming back from a serious injury. I'll definitely wait and see what transpires, but currently not happy to see him leaving

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Early Wednesday afternoon, Beverly Sherman posted on Facebook that "I am more than devastated to know that my son will no longer be a Seahawk." However, an hour later, she posted "I have not confirmed anything" and "I am going by basically what [media reports] are saying my son has said to his teammates."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2267 ... e-seahawks

Whole lot of nothing, so far.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Some fans are too invested in certain players. They come and go, always have, always will. If Sherman is gone, it'll be because the people that get paid to make decisions for this team feel that his time has come. Do you guys believe he is still hungry as he was in 2012? How about Bennett, how hungry is he? Pete's always been about guys with something to prove, Sherm and some of our other stars have been there, done that. Sorry. I cheer my team, Seahawks, not players. When money and egos take over, teams fail. Bigger, faster, stronger, more hungry players are there for the taking and every single NFL player can be replaced by somebody, someday.

mrt144

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":2udz5grq said:
Some fans are too invested in certain players. They come and go, always have, always will. If Sherman is gone, it'll be because the people that get paid to make decisions for this team feel that his time has come. Do you guys believe he is still hungry as he was in 2012? How about Bennett, how hungry is he? Pete's always been about guys with something to prove, Sherm and some of our other stars have been there, done that. Sorry. I cheer my team, Seahawks, not players. When money and egos take over, teams fail. Bigger, faster, stronger, more hungry players are there for the taking and every single NFL player can be replaced by somebody, someday.

Its just hard to imagine a future with such uncertainty sometimes. Fans generally want to hold on to the known quantities rather than speculate about a bunch of young guys with few if any snaps.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well they tried to get rid of Lane last year, expect that to still happen, they will most likely go after B Maxwell as a replacement if the price is right. Earl could be next. You can't have discontent and he is surely going to be pretty pissed at some of this stuff, he was already edgy last year.

Seymour

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":2sbyiyx1 said:

Well stated, and I agree 100%.

3 guys getting traded on this team would piss me off.

1) Wilson
2) Wagner
3) Baldwin (and I'm not a huge Baldwin fan, but it would be stupid).

Blitzer88

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/971491591591411712[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/971491748911374337[/tweet]

2_0_6

Reaction score
Love both this and the Bennett deal. Frankly, both of these should have taken place this time last year to capitalize on more return.

This is a business, people tend to forget about that.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The Sherm and Bennett act may have really worn thin with the team. It would be understandable.
But, it's not official, yet.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
2_0_6":2zj53vh3 said:
Love both this and the Bennett deal. Frankly, both of these should have taken place this time last year to capitalize on more return.

This is a business, people tend to forget about that.

Let's get worse! Let's get worse!

:179417:

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
He's getting to that age where corners decline anyway. If he wasn't injured I'd think they should keep him. In this state, I still think they should keep him. But that 11 million is a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts