Sherman Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
It actually does make sense to cut Sherm if you're trying to get ET a big front loaded contract while also being able to stay relevant in other parts of free agency.

It would seem that the FO believes that Griffin is likely the new #1 corner with either Max or Shead or both coming back while also retaining Coleman fits the bill for starters. We have some depth and will probably add to it.

NJlargent

Reaction score
RussB":1xcjqhgk said:
adeltaY":1xcjqhgk said:
Oh man if this is true, I'm going to be very sad. One of my favorite players ever.
This is spot on. The LOB should have won multiple rings, FO kept them together as long as they could. Eventually you have to let these plaeyrs go though, the team has obviously declined along with the players.

Have to release them sooner than later and start looking ahead, the LOB wasnt going to win any more championships and pete and john saw it.

Pete and John caused it.

RussB

Reaction score
adeltaY":3duvzar1 said:
Wow I am really sad now. Honestly, at this point trade ET3 as well because I'm not sure he'd even want to play with all his LoB homies leaving (assuming Kam is going to retire as well). An outright cut sucks, that doesn't give us value and I'm not sure who we're going to sign with the 11M saved.
Earl isnt going anywhere, hes still too good and is a top 3 safety in the league. I can see why they are letting sherman go, hes been getting alot of injuries the past few years and who knows how hes going to be after the achilles.

Earl still looks like he can play another 5 years at a very high level, safeties can play a long time.

BC-Hawk

Reaction score
I don't see how we're going to be competitive next year if the vast majority of our defense is getting gutted. Pete and John better hit a homerun in the draft this year or we could be looking at another era of losing football. I'm pissed.

RussB

Reaction score
NJlargent":1y3tvlmc said:
RussB":1y3tvlmc said:
adeltaY":1y3tvlmc said:
Oh man if this is true, I'm going to be very sad. One of my favorite players ever.
This is spot on. The LOB should have won multiple rings, FO kept them together as long as they could. Eventually you have to let these plaeyrs go though, the team has obviously declined along with the players.

Have to release them sooner than later and start looking ahead, the LOB wasnt going to win any more championships and pete and john saw it.

Pete and John caused it.
Doesnt really matter who caused it, the core players of the defense are all banged up and declining . Cant keep them anymore its too risky. Have to make moves before its too late so they can get a head start with new young players.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
vin.couve12":28ie8h8c said:
Max...coming back while also retaining Coleman

Not to belabor my point, but it would be nice if this had actually happened by now. Max could just sign with someone else.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Perhaps too early to ask...but why just outright cut? No team would give anything and take on the salary?

RussB

Reaction score
Getting a guy like Derwin James in the draft would be nice. Shaqs brother would also be a good young player.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Sherman (Achilles) said he doesn't know anything about reports that suggest the Seahawks are expected to trade or release him, Josina Anderson of ESPN reports.

adeltaY

Reaction score
You're right about Earl RussB, I was thinking more from a motivation standpoint but IDK. Earl is one of the best at his position so I think we should keep him if he wants to stay with us.

Man, if Pete doesn't win another ring with us before he hangs em up.... it'll have been an era of the highest high and the lowest low and it was all downhill after '49. Excuse my emotionalness.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
James in PA":1io3ieh4 said:
Should have had at least 2 or 3 Championships with this core group of players.

Its a crime the franchise only has one. Held on to incompetent coordinators for way to long.

original poster

Reaction score
I feel sick about Sherm moving on. Really, really sick.

I was a bit unsure of it all until I checked out his moms facebook.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
original poster":m6tma8o6 said:
I feel sick about Sherm moving on. Really, really sick.

I was a bit unsure of it all until I checked out his moms facebook.

Same. Sherman is gone. The era is over. I'll say kam retires.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
If this is true about Sherm, it’s an idiotic move. You don’t get better by getting rid of your best players.
Looks like JS and PC are way too confident in their “abilitys”. You are creating a HUGE whole in a team that has more holes than you can would like to have. This move (if true) will burn this team for years.

Welcome to 8-8 for the foreseeable future if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.