Sherman Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

original poster

Reaction score
adeltaY":1wyvi7nb said:
Wait, when does that 11M become guaranteed? Couldn't they ride with Sherm through TC and preseason and see if he's ready and cut him then. Roll that cap over til next year or use it to re sign Clark during the season. Would that work? Don't think we are going to be super active in FA anyway so we don't need the money ASAP.

The $11m doesn't become guaranteed, he has no guaranteed P5 base this season.

I'd disagree on being active in free agency (or extensions). They're not just cutting him for the hell of it, they have a plan.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
RussB":poo7e8f3 said:
Its better to release players like sherman a year too early. Rather than a year too late.

... and thats why they should have traded him last year for picks. already a year to late for sherm, and others.

if they had traded sherm for a 2nd last offseason, kam for a mid rounder, bennett and avril for midrounders, and NOT traded our 2nd and 3rd for richardson/brown... we would be stacked with picks this year, fully ready to reload

that being said, im glad pete and john rolled the dice and went for it last season. you only get so many seasons with a franchise qb and that overall level of talent we had to start the season. they couldnt have known how decimated the team would become (sherm, avril, kam, carson, malik, etc) and how god awful certain players (im talking to you blair walsh, jimmy graham, eddie lacy, and odihambo, jockel, ifedi) would play.

time to rebuild around russ, adb, wagz, earl, griffin, and clark

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
I'm a big Richard Sherman fan. However, being a runner and lifelong fitness nerd... I know that a ruptured achilles is not likely to heal 100%. Thanks for the memories Sherm, good luck on the other side.

Seymour

Reaction score
original poster":19ocat5y said:
adeltaY":19ocat5y said:
Wait, when does that 11M become guaranteed? Couldn't they ride with Sherm through TC and preseason and see if he's ready and cut him then. Roll that cap over til next year or use it to re sign Clark during the season. Would that work? Don't think we are going to be super active in FA anyway so we don't need the money ASAP.

I'd disagree on being active in free agency (or extensions). They're not just cutting him for the hell of it, they have a plan.

It would be so "big ballz" of Pete to bring in the guy that single handedly blew the team up wouldn't it?

Bowl xlix new england patriots vs seattle seahawks

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Report on ESPN that the cut happens today. I am guessing Sherman won't be unemployed for long..

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Seymour":1dja1216 said:
original poster":1dja1216 said:
adeltaY":1dja1216 said:

It would be so "big ballz" of Pete to bring in the guy that single handedly blew the team up wouldn't it?

No thanks....

original poster

Reaction score
Cyrus12":31m411oz said:
Report on ESPN that the cut happens today. I am guessing Sherman won't be unemployed for long..

Yep, today is going to be a truly sad day for Seahawks fans.

Seymour

Reaction score
original poster":19ywpjvm said:
Cyrus12":19ywpjvm said:

Yep, today is going to be a truly sad day for Seahawks fans.

To me, that day already came and went last year in Az. Once he went down, the writing was on the wall going into a contract year.

5a05bdbb3dbef4cc1d8b50f8-1334-667.jpg

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seymour":2g6uqsbm said:
original poster":2g6uqsbm said:
adeltaY":2g6uqsbm said:

This would be dumb. You wouldn’t know who this guy even was if not for Brandon Browner lining him up and telling him where the ball was going on the “2nd and wrong”.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":36oqmw60 said:
This would be dumb. You wouldn’t know who this guy even was if not for Brandon Browner lining him up and telling him where the ball was going on the “2nd and wrong”.

I agree it would be dumb. That certainly is no reason to eliminate the chance Pete may do it though.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":18xfv1ei said:
So you are up for trading Bobby as well??? Or is that where you draw the line? Lots of cap space freed up and draft picks galore coming back right?

I don’t want to trade Wags but if we are going to “rebuild” why half ass it......

As for Sherm he is a FA in 2019 so if you let him walk THEN, at least you’ll get compensated with a draft pick.

1. Wagner is in the long range team plans, he'll be extended. Sherman is not in the long range plans.

2. Because the 11M cap relief now is more valuable than whatever compensatory pick he'd give you later.

original poster

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3t48mr41 said:
Sports Hernia":3t48mr41 said:
So you are up for trading Bobby as well??? Or is that where you draw the line? Lots of cap space freed up and draft picks galore coming back right?

I don’t want to trade Wags but if we are going to “rebuild” why half ass it......

As for Sherm he is a FA in 2019 so if you let him walk THEN, at least you’ll get compensated with a draft pick.

1. Wagner is in the long range team plans, he'll be extended. Sherman is not in the long range plans.

2. Because the 11M cap relief now is more valuable than whatever compensatory pick he'd give you later.

You'd think point 2 would be common sense.

Seymour

Reaction score
original poster":1bfpvsp5 said:
NRdzLH5

The case is certainly going to be getting a clean today.

I wonder if it would be legal to have Paul buy that ball from Sherman for $1M + or so?

....or, we could do like NE does with Brady and just pay Shermans dog $10M per year to guard VMAC.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Seymour":26klxkr7 said:
original poster":26klxkr7 said:
NRdzLH5

The case is certainly going to be getting a clean today.

I wonder if it would be legal to have Paul buy that ball from Sherman for $1M + or so?

....or, we could do like NE does with Brady and just pay Shermans dog $10M per year to guard VMAC.

WOOF....

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
original poster":2fpo3mpa said:
Sgt. Largent":2fpo3mpa said:
Sports Hernia":2fpo3mpa said:

If you care about the cap for 2018, I don’t, I think 2018 will be a lost year.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":yljv6py4 said:
original poster":yljv6py4 said:
Sgt. Largent":yljv6py4 said:
Sports Hernia":yljv6py4 said:

If you care about the cap for 2018, I don’t, I think 2018 will be a lost year.

That doesn't mean you hamper or sacrifice 2019 in the process to keep a guy 1 more season IMO.
Money we don't spend in 2018 can roll into 2019.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2mi0vc0i said:
hawksincebirth":2mi0vc0i said:
Uncle Si":2mi0vc0i said:
hawksincebirth":2mi0vc0i said:
Yes the logic is sound but we went from perennial super bowl contenders / potential dynasty to now in full rebuild ???
Pete should go to aswell no need to keep him. The blame lies squarely at him and johns feet.

Replacing 1-3 players is not "full rebuild"

My goodness...

The best player on the team is still on the team.
We have no pass rush , 2 good dbs, no line all new coaches . No tight end 2-3 receivers and we just missed the playoffs
If you think we will sniff 8-8 next year your delusion. But hey in John and Pete we trust . Until pete leaves after next year with this team in shambles . Agree to disagree

And Bennett makes us 9-7?

This argument is all over the place.

Have a word..
Arguments wron then provides no argument that said argument is wrong. Yes we will be in the playoffs next year.good ole pete gonna write the ship :2thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.