Sherm's Tweet

BamKam

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2o1qj4s6 said:
BamKam":2o1qj4s6 said:
Sherm is 100% correct. The 12s are completely ruining this team.
Don't the 12s pay the bills? I saw some well deserved criticism here last week mostly against the coaching. I never saw one post say someone was giving up on the hawks...yes on the season but not as a fan. They've won nothing yet and have to rely on scam newton to get a win. Even then hawks have to beat the cards...with this offence it will be easier said then done. If the defence didn't step up big time yesterday the team woulda got blown out.

I think the team deserves a ton of criticism, most of which should be pointed towards JS and PC at the moment. Bevell and Cable have had to go for awhile, yet Pete keeps insisting that everything is fine we just need MORE REPS!!! JS has been terrible in the draft lately and his stupid bandaids he keeps putting over the roster which are hurting the Hawks more in the long run.

12s will continue to get throw the leaders of this team under the bus which causes more and more of this "I want to get out of Seattle" attitude.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
seabowl":39gl82l3 said:
Hmmmm. Fans have turned on players and coaches? Seems like the players too have turned on some of the coaches and rightfully so in the case of Bevell. I haven't heard of any criticism of Cable from the players standpoint but I'm sure they are at least thinking he is an issue. Also with the fans seeing the antics of Bennett and now what Earl did yesterday with Garrett after the game, how can you blame them.

The entire fan discontent IMO goes back to poor management of the team. Pete IMO has gone from a leader when he first got here to now more of a bystander. Leaders don't let underperforming coaches and players stay for years and hope it turns around. In addition they reprimand when a player gets out of hand. They take the bull by the horns and force change when it's needed. This is what he and John did when they first got here and it was awesome. I can't believe he let it get to this point.

Here's to hoping he gets the moxy up once again and takes control.
"What Earl Did Yesterday With Garrett" he could very well have given up on the sniveling, quitting, juvenile 12's after the beat down they took in Seattle last week, and were booed off the field.
To think that you're giving your ALL for a bunch of ingrate fans.
I'm beginning to think that the BROWNS have the TRUEST FANS in the League.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
One of the longest runs of domination in the Super Bowl era and people are dissatisfied. Gotta agree with him.

onepicknick1

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3m7kgg38 said:
seabowl":3m7kgg38 said:
Hmmmm. Fans have turned on players and coaches? Seems like the players too have turned on some of the coaches and rightfully so in the case of Bevell. I haven't heard of any criticism of Cable from the players standpoint but I'm sure they are at least thinking he is an issue. Also with the fans seeing the antics of Bennett and now what Earl did yesterday with Garrett after the game, how can you blame them.

The entire fan discontent IMO goes back to poor management of the team. Pete IMO has gone from a leader when he first got here to now more of a bystander. Leaders don't let underperforming coaches and players stay for years and hope it turns around. In addition they reprimand when a player gets out of hand. They take the bull by the horns and force change when it's needed. This is what he and John did when they first got here and it was awesome. I can't believe he let it get to this point.

"What Earl Did Yesterday With Garrett" he could very well have given up on the sniveling, quitting, juvenile 12's after the beat down they took in Seattle last week, and were booed off the field.

Earl said he was tired of the coaching staff LOL and I'm beginning to think New England has the TRUEST FANS.

Funny Thing about life if refuse to except anything but the best you often get it.

BamKam

Reaction score
onepicknick1":28nj3r1i said:
scutterhawk":28nj3r1i said:
seabowl":28nj3r1i said:

Earl said he was tired of the coaching staff .

THIS!! Why is it so hard for some to figure this out? JS/PC did great building this team but have been AWFUL at sustaining it with bad decisions in the coaching staff and roster.

But lets just keep telling our best players to leave when they show their frustration. That sounds like a much better idea.

Reaction score
No other player or fan can tell me how to feel! Its flat out embarrassing how this team acts sometimes Sherman included! Any type of adversity and some of these players act like babies trying to start fights. What is also embarrassing is the beat down the Rams gave us. The Seahawk players should be ashamed of how they played that game. Just because a player or other fans feel a certain way doesn't mean they can pull my fan card. Instead of chasing 10 win seasons we should be chasing championships. Im not settling for 10 win seasons u guys can.

strohmin

Reaction score
I hope Sherman realizes thats it the offense that everyone hates and not the defense. The defense has overcome enormous adversity. The offense has been a huge waste of space.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I love Sherm and will continue to, but he’s being a bit hypocritical here.

Also a ton of folks in here playing the “Super Fan” card, I find that more disappointing than Sherm’s Tweet, but it’s not surprising as it’s coming from the usual suspects.

Jville

Reaction score
More Sherm related sauce for the gaggle .....

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RSherman_25/status/945072585565278208[/tweet]
........ ain't that the truth!

GLio14

Reaction score
Sherm is a Hawks guy first and foremost. Will always love him. He's 100% right.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2plfdp2b said:

Also a ton of folks in here playing the “Super Fan” card, I find that more disappointing than Sherm’s Tweet, but it’s not surprising as it’s coming from the usual suspects.

This..love how they come out of the woodwork after a supposed told you so win although those same people were silent a week ago. Guess when a player says something critical about the fans the superfan gets brave!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score

Steve2222

Reaction score
I do laugh when fans tell other fans how to fan. If you want to think everything is going great with this team fine. If you think this team has deep rooted issues, which it definitely does, fine. Also, every single fanbase will have fans jumping on the team when they lose.

You think the fans should have cheered the team into the locker room down 34-0 last week because they won the Super Bowl in 2013. Thought process like that is how you remain stagnant as a team. 2013 was a long time ago in the world of football

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Would New England be satisfied with another 10-win season? I HATE the Patriots but they are the measuring stick. There is no reason why we cannot be another New England. Talent-wise, I think we are better and deeper. Therefore, I will hold the 'Hawks to a higher standard. We just need someone to be more like Belichick when it comes to personnel decisions. Ruthless.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Steve2222":267a73jv said:
I do laugh when fans tell other fans how to fan. If you want to think everything is going great with this team fine. If you think this team has deep rooted issues, which it definitely does, fine. Also, every single fanbase will have fans jumping on the team when they lose.

You think the fans should have cheered the team into the locker room down 34-0 last week because they won the Super Bowl in 2013. Thought process like that is how you remain stagnant as a team. 2013 was a long time ago in the world of football
Money post! :2thumbs:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
WmHBonney":1236imt0 said:
Would New England be satisfied with another 10-win season? I HATE the Patriots but they are the measuring stick. There is no reason why we cannot be another New England. Talent-wise, I think we are better and deeper. Therefore, I will hold the 'Hawks to a higher standard. We just need someone to be more like Belichick when it comes to personnel decisions. Ruthless.
Agree, solid points! :2thumbs:

Anthony!

Reaction score
Sherman has a point, I dont think some here understand how hard it is to do what they have done. You can call NE the measuring stick all you want, but 10+ wins 6 years in a row is still a huge thing. Perhaps we should start appreciating it more.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Cyrus12":ar32kr0j said:
slow clap to all the posters who think everything is fine after this win.
Is this a strawman intending to prop up your side of an internet debate or do you really think there are fans here who wouldn't be much, much, happier to have more wins at this point in the season?

There are people I don't agree with on here but nobody lacks passion. "Fine" is a bland oversimplification of a season that has been full of ups and downs. Preseason injuries, key defensive injuries, the Rams/Falcons/Redskins losses have been extreme lows. Even the Earl stuff yesterday is a major downer. The people who are slower to assign bad outcomes to scapegoats feel just as badly (or worse) as those who transfer their unhappiness to outrage.

10-5 would be infinitely better than 9-6 right now, and I'm fully on board on anything we can do this off-season to improve the team, including replacing coaches. I just don't necessarily agree with you on how obvious it is that certain changes would improve the team. Perspective of how difficult it is to be successful in the NFL over a sustained period is a key factor to what your expectation should be of any coaching staff.

original poster

Reaction score
Anthony!":37caz0tt said:
Sherman has a point, I dont think some here understand how hard it is to do what they have done. You can call NE the measuring stick all you want, but 10+ wins 6 years in a row is still a huge thing. Perhaps we should start appreciating it more.

Couldn’t agree more.

We take it for granted these days.

Latest posts