Shotty to be OC in Dallas

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Schottenheimer is the best hire they could've made. He re-made Russell Wilson after 2017 and led him from his worst season to perhaps his best in 2018 with the added benefit of the best rushing attack in the league (after having the worst in the previous year).

Perfect hire.

Moore was overrated and Dak was in clear regression. Schottenheimer is as good of a candidate as possible for reversing that negative trend.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Schottenheimer is underrated as an OC. He isn't a tier 1 OC, but he's not bad either. He's really good at executing the vision of his HC. He's pretty flexible in that he will cater his system to whatever his coach wants. In Seattle he didn't even use his own terminology or playbook. Most of it was Carroll's own offense and terminology.

Another thing about Schottenheimer is he is very good at gameplans. Dallas game aside, he was very good with his scripted plays and initial game plan. He was the best OC that we've ever had at playing around Wilson's weaknesses and masking them.

Even in the second half of 2020, guys like Kurt Warner were talking about how the play dialed in were sound, it was just that Wilson wasn't seeing or was refusing to take the checkdowns.

Schottenheimer was also the best OC we've had in the red-zone. His offenses were money in that area of the field.

I think it wasn't a bad hire. I don't think Moore was the problem in Dallas though. Moore's offenses were actually pretty damn good, he came up with some great concepts and he generally hit the nail on the head of where to attack defenses. One of the better OC's within the league.

My guess is that they're hoping Schottenheimer can get Prescott over the hump. He has a reputation as a good QB coach and game planner. He's also known for being a hardass that players respect, which is probably why Wilson wasn't so fond of him.

Prescott is the main issue with that offense and this kind of reeks of McCarthy trying to save his job. Moore wasn't the issue.

Jville

Reaction score
Solari is their new OL coach, too.
Mike Solari is a plus with his decades of man/gap and inside zone coaching experience. I wonder if he'll have any interest in the remaining offensive linemen he worked with during his time in Seattle. Including the following ......

C/OG Kyle Fuller ..... unrestricted free agent.
OG Phil Haynes ....... unrestricted free agent.
OG Damien Lewis .....one year left on his rookie contract.
OT Jake Curhan ....... two years left on his rookie contract.
OT Stone Forsythe .... two years left on his rookie contract.
OG Gabe Jackson ...... under contract w/ knee and recovery limitations.
OT/OG Greg Eiland..... development project going into a third year.