Should I just give up on hoping for Josh Gordon?

Hawkfandrew

Reaction score
I think adding Josh Gordon to this receiving corps would really put us over the top. I understand he is not in his prime or anything near that anymore, I also don't think he needs to be to have a serious impact on this offense. In games like last night against the eagles I see him having a huge impact. My question is does anyone know if there is a date by which the league can no longer reinstate a player? Also what are the chances he is even in game shape right now? Just feeling like having another 3rd option is needed going forward because Moore is great some games and invisible others.

sutz

Reaction score
Probably. Doesn't look like the League is interested in allowing him to play any more.

potatohead33

Reaction score
He must have relapsed. The Hawks wouldn't have signed him without the NFL saying he would be back in at mid season or whatever. So, I think he probably failed a test along the way.

OP
OP
H

Hawkfandrew

Reaction score
That is what it feels like to me as well. Its a bummer because he was so good even last year on clutch 3rd downs. I feel we lost that in Olsen and need to find a replacement.

Own The West

Reaction score
Yes.

We're going to have two 1,000 yard receivers this season. Moore and Swain are happy role players. We have had the best scoring offense in the league. There is no need to disrupt that. We are at the top.

W

Welshers

Yeah. It's incredible the let AB play with his long history of sex assault accusations, burglary, freak outs, etc, but not Josh Gordon, a guy struggling with substance abuse? Pathetic from Goodell.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2zh9imdr said:
Yes. If he were on a legacy team hed be playing by now.
Wow, 4 whole posts before the tired, one-note "we're so picked on" reply. So tiresome and predictable.

3-2-16-4-6

Reaction score
FattyKnuckle":4mawsaxc said:
Cyrus12":4mawsaxc said:
Yes. If he were on a legacy team hed be playing by now.
Wow, 4 whole posts before the tired, one-note "we're so picked on" reply. So tiresome and predictable.

Agreed. The NFL is a business. Having good players available on good teams makes money. Pete seemed annoyed by questions early on which tells me Josh blew it somehow and Pete knew it and was frustrated by it. Just my opinion but as you see with AB....... if it means the NFL is making this about a test result we don’t know about and not some sort of conspiracy. If the player is currently clean and follows the rules he’ll be on the field. Josh Gordon couldn’t get out of his own way which is sadder on the human level than it is on the team level.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Own The West":auv8t9c2 said:
Yes.

We're going to have two 1,000 yard receivers this season. Moore and Swain are happy role players. We have had the best scoring offense in the league. There is no need to disrupt that. We are at the top.

I think the OP is worried just like me for us to make a run during the playoffs. If our receivers have a bad day, we will need some clutch to extend the play in the middle. Sometimes there are better teams that will match your game plan. I agree totally that he would have been a great add to the mix in case we have some hiccups on the way.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Welshers":1o9tcyww said:
Yeah. It's incredible the let AB play with his long history of $ex assault accusations, burglary, freak outs, etc, but not Josh Gordon, a guy struggling with sexual abuse? Pathetic from Goodell.

Gordon had sexual abuse issues? I thought it was just drugs.

OP
OP
H

Hawkfandrew

Reaction score
That is exactly what I was referring too. Yes we have great receiver talent on this roster right now. He was a very clutch player who could be relied on. Also if someone were to go down and we had him on the active roster I would be a whole lot less worried about it. Swain has been great for a first year player, but with the game on the line are you going to trust him as much as you would Gordon? I wouldn't. Also are defenses going to worry about Swain or Moore? Probably not, if its Gordon in there thats a name that caries more respect and I bet you DC's are going to stress a whole lot more trying to game plan for DK, Lockett, and Gordon. I think there is no denying having him would upgrade this offense and really be the icing on the cake going into the playoffs.

W

Welshers

SantaClaraHawk":3am3n4xj said:
Welshers":3am3n4xj said:
Yeah. It's incredible the let AB play with his long history of $ex assault accusations, burglary, freak outs, etc, but not Josh Gordon, a guy struggling with sexual abuse? Pathetic from Goodell.

Gordon had sexual abuse issues? I thought it was just drugs.
Shoot, I meant to say substance abuse, my mistake. He doesn't have sex abuse issues

W

Welshers

Welshers":1z9g5oyl said:
Yeah. It's incredible the let AB play with his long history of $ex assault accusations, burglary, freak outs, etc, but not Josh Gordon, a guy struggling with substance? Pathetic from Goodell.

chris98251

Reaction score
If he had a setback it would be all over the news, the sharks love Negative Seahawk news.

This is on Goodell, there is no real reason to drag this out, I am thinking after next weeks game we hear something, 12 games into the season and 4 games left, something has to move I would think.

If there is no word then Goodell is just being an asshole, this is almost like Black Balling Reid and Kap, with nobody doing and or saying anything until they are forced to. I am sure Gordon is trying to be on good behavior also and doesn't want to leverage the media against his Employers.

OP
OP
H

Hawkfandrew

Reaction score
That leads me back to my original question then. Is there a time limit on this or could the league literally wait to reinstate him all the way until week 16?

DJrmb

Reaction score
chris98251":2ma5rw71 said:
If he had a setback it would be all over the news, the sharks love Negative Seahawk news.

This is on Goodell, there is no real reason to drag this out, I am thinking after next weeks game we hear something, 12 games into the season and 4 games left, something has to move I would think.

If there is no word then Goodell is just being an @$$h0le, this is almost like Black Balling Reid and Kap, with nobody doing and or saying anything until they are forced to. I am sure Gordon is trying to be on good behavior also and doesn't want to leverage the media against his Employers.

I agree with that. Also if Gordon had a setback Pete Carroll wouldn't respond the way he has when asked about it. He seems genuinely frustrated with the league waiting for them to make a decision.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Why on earth does anyone care about Gordon?
We have the best WR tandems in the league. Moore and
And Swain are adequate role
Players,

OP
OP
H

Hawkfandrew

Reaction score
Go watch some Josh Gordon highlights then try and tell me Swain or Moore are half as good as him....thats why.

OP
OP
H

Hawkfandrew

Reaction score
Not to mention I'm sure he could help DK in his progression, they have similar playing styles. Bottom line you add someone with that kind of talent to your team if you can, thats why we signed him.