Should I just give up on hoping for Josh Gordon?

Scorpion05

Reaction score
3-2-16-4-6":2q14qpv2 said:
FattyKnuckle":2q14qpv2 said:
Cyrus12":2q14qpv2 said:
Yes. If he were on a legacy team hed be playing by now.
Wow, 4 whole posts before the tired, one-note "we're so picked on" reply. So tiresome and predictable.

Agreed. The NFL is a business. Having good players available on good teams makes money. Pete seemed annoyed by questions early on which tells me Josh blew it somehow and Pete knew it and was frustrated by it. Just my opinion but as you see with AB....... if it means the NFL is making this about a test result we don’t know about and not some sort of conspiracy. If the player is currently clean and follows the rules he’ll be on the field. Josh Gordon couldn’t get out of his own way which is sadder on the human level than it is on the team level.

I love the insistence that certain owners/teams don't have more power and pull over others. There's politics in everything. Worse than a conspiracy theorist are those who don't think any bias/politics ever exist.

The NFL may be a business but it's not gonna make or break with 1 more star player. They know that, it's just not important to them.

3-2-16-4-6

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1yawtkkh said:
3-2-16-4-6":1yawtkkh said:
FattyKnuckle":1yawtkkh said:
Cyrus12":1yawtkkh said:
Wow, 4 whole posts before the tired, one-note "we're so picked on" reply. So tiresome and predictable.

Agreed. The NFL is a business. Having good players available on good teams makes money. Pete seemed annoyed by questions early on which tells me Josh blew it somehow and Pete knew it and was frustrated by it. Just my opinion but as you see with AB....... if it means the NFL is making this about a test result we don’t know about and not some sort of conspiracy. If the player is currently clean and follows the rules he’ll be on the field. Josh Gordon couldn’t get out of his own way which is sadder on the human level than it is on the team level.

I love the insistence that certain owners/teams don't have more power and pull over others. There's politics in everything. Worse than a conspiracy theorist are those who don't think any bias/politics ever exist.

The NFL may be a business but it's not gonna make or break with 1 more star player. They know that, it's just not important to them.

That’s a solid point. I am not naive enough to say it doesn’t exist. I suppose I’m over correcting against the myriad of conspiracy theories that are out there. Of COURSE there is bias and politics. Where there is one there is often all three together. I just don’t think that you can compare AB and Gordon’s situation as no two situations are exactly the same. However, that alone leads at best to subjective decision making and truth relative to those in power. Absolutely teams have sway over Roger. So definitely a valid take. Thanks!

mwmccollough

Reaction score
Scorpion05":11nywz3v said:
3-2-16-4-6":11nywz3v said:
FattyKnuckle":11nywz3v said:
Cyrus12":11nywz3v said:

*Cough cough* Randy Gregory

Cyrus12

Reaction score
FattyKnuckle":2wm4qzf7 said:
Cyrus12":2wm4qzf7 said:
Open your eyes...were not picked on but...ah nevermind not worth the strain on my index finger to type it out.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
The only reason we "need" Gordon on this offense is if one of our young stars goes down to injury.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Josh may be older in yrs, but in NFL wear and tear terms he's still a pretty fresh player. Positive test results are published by the league.
Gordon has been clean ever since his brother died which was a life changing thing for him. This deal is strictly on league FO.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Hawkfandrew":1xwljxpl said:
Go watch some Josh Gordon highlights then try and tell me Swain or Moore are half as good as him....thats why.
Great solution and I agree..

chris98251

Reaction score
He's big, still fast not elite fast but fast, hands of Velcro, Russell trusts him, great 3rd down guy also. Lockett, DK and Gordon, Then whatever TE or RB they add to the mix, that's a pretty impressive set of weapons.

kf3339

Reaction score
I don't get why the NFLPA doesn't sue Goddel and the NFL on his behalf. There has to be a deadline for a decision, and by now it's past due. it's become a civil crime not to give him a decision. Goddel is a punk.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Here's a fun question...who plays first...Penny or Gordon?

Elemas

Reaction score
Penny.

But, I'd love to see Gordon back. I like Moore. Swain as well.

But, a fresh Gordon makes our receiving core that much more dangerous.

He's older but as previously mentioned, he age doesn't match the typical wear and tear you'd expect.