Should Macdonald follow Chiefs blueprint?

Mizak

Reaction score

Seahawks Spending over $40 million on 2 WRs (DK and Lockett). Meanwhile, the Chiefs, instead of signing Tyreke Hill to a massive payday, traded him and won 2 Super Bowls after that trade.

IMHO, one of our WRs need to go.

JPatera76

Reaction score
.. no imo. “Down year” if the chiefs wouldn’t be in the SB of the refs didn’t have a “down game” in the AFCCG.

All year they looked like shit but would get bailed out. Shut down Kelce you’ve neutered at least 80% of their offense.

chris98251

Reaction score
The blueprint is already trying to be duplicated, set your own standard, a snot jarring defense and a offense that beats up their defense and you will win, most teams are not stocked to defend a physical offense right now.

Chawker

Reaction score
If we follow the leader some new introverter will pass us by. We must be that introverter to dominant the NFL. Go get'em Mac !!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

RiverDog

Reaction score

Seahawks Spending over $40 million on 2 WRs (DK and Lockett). Meanwhile, the Chiefs, instead of signing Tyreke Hill to a massive payday, traded him and won 2 Super Bowls after that trade.

IMHO, one of our WRs need to go.

I agree, which was one of the reasons why I wanted to trade Metcalf a few years ago before we signed him to that huge contract. Good wide receivers are a dime a dozen. Pete poured a lot of money and/or draft capital into Lockett, Metcalf, Eskridge, and JSN, and what did it get him? And remind me what round we picked up Bobo in.

I also don't like dedicating a lot of resources to running backs for several reasons: They are the most injury prone position in the game, they are generally just 2 down players, and the game is no longer centered around them.

toffee

Reaction score
I agree, which was one of the reasons why I wanted to trade Metcalf a few years ago before we signed him to that huge contract. Good wide receivers are a dime a dozen. Pete poured a lot of money and/or draft capital into Lockett, Metcalf, Eskridge, and JSN, and what did it get him? And remind me what round we picked up Bobo in.

I also don't like dedicating a lot of resources to running backs for several reasons: They are the most injury prone position in the game, they are generally just 2 down players, and the game is no longer centered around them.
DK is big enough to play TE?

WmHBonney

Reaction score
.. no imo. “Down year” if the chiefs wouldn’t be in the SB of the refs didn’t have a “down game” in the AFCCG.

All year they looked like shit but would get bailed out. Shut down Kelce you’ve neutered at least 80% of their offense.
This.
The Chief's WR corps is their weak link. How many games did they lose because of dropped passes and other stupid plays (Kadarius Toney).They were bailed out by their defense in multiple games. That defense is seriously underrated because Mahomes is on the other side of the ball.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Yo, this idea is crazy.

Seattle does not have an elite HOF QB…

How exactly would this work with the pieces Seattle has right now?

There are only so many HOF QBs that are available to choose from….did I mention Seattle does not have a HOF QB??

How exactly does this “formula” apply to Seattle right now???

Hawkinaz

Reaction score

I agreed with what you said about WRs but if RBs are injury prone you need to invest more in that position. Considering how hard Pachecco runs I was amazed he didn’t get some sort of injury I do expect he won’t be playing for the Chiefs beyond his rookie contract

DJrmb

Reaction score
WR don't win you championships, despite fans clamoring for them constantly like they will. Those resources are better spent elsewhere.

Last edited:

RiverDog

Reaction score
I agreed with what you said about WRs but if RBs are injury prone you need to invest more in that position. Considering how hard Pachecco runs I was amazed he didn’t get some sort of injury I do expect he won’t be playing for the Chiefs beyond his rookie contract
FYI Pacheco was drafted by the Chiefs in the 7th round in 2022. Aaron Jones, the leading running back by rushing YPG, was a 5th round pick. There's lots of good running backs that can be had with 3rd day picks. I don't like building our team around a running back or backs.

The position being injury prone is just one of the reasons why I don't like seeing large investments in running backs. They're generally just 2 down players vs. an OL being in on nearly every play, and the game is no longer centered around the running back like it was 20-40 years ago. It's a quarterback's league.