Should Macdonald follow Chiefs blueprint?

Scout

Reaction score

Seahawks Spending over $40 million on 2 WRs (DK and Lockett). Meanwhile, the Chiefs, instead of signing Tyreke Hill to a massive payday, traded him and won 2 Super Bowls after that trade.

IMHO, one of our WRs need to go.

Counter argument to that would be the Bucs won a super bowl with Evans and Godwin.

The 49ers model of stacking a team around an ordinary QB is more realistic than finding a franchise caliber QB like Mahomes or a HoF QB like Brady landing in your lap.

Last edited:

Rat

Reaction score
You could also argue that the Bills would have beaten the Chiefs in the divisional round had Gabe Davis not been hurt and Stefon Diggs hadnt played like he was actively trying to sabotage his team.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt ^

That miss on the long pass by Diggs changed the entire game. For a guy who freaks out every other game, he sure played like a dude who didn't care. Obviously, he cares, but he looked brutal in that game. You want to be big time, then step it up. He was horrible by his standards.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
You could also argue that the Bills would have beaten the Chiefs in the divisional round had Gabe Davis not been hurt and Stefon Diggs hadnt played like he was actively trying to sabotage his team.

Pertaining to this thread, the Bills have an elite QB too though.

DirectMessage

Reaction score
I hope they follow the Patriots system of finding undervalued people and training them in the system to make them a star. Scouting departments have a bias on what a NFL player should be and a lot of potential players never get a shot in the league. Nintendo explains it well when they say using withered technology in new and novel ways. 40 yard dash and being 6'4 with a rocket arm are such a dumb way to measure a football player. The NFL is littered with these old concepts.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Which has NOTHING to do with the fact that Diggs dropped a PERFECT pass that could have won that game for them. You either make the play or you don't, regardless of who is the QB.

No, no, no. I'm not arguing that. Your 100% correct. I was just saying that it's really hard to duplicate a teams blueprint when they have a great QB and your team doesn't. That's all.

WarHawks

Reaction score
No, no, no. I'm not arguing that. Your 100% correct. I was just saying that it's really hard to duplicate a teams blueprint when they have a great QB and your team doesn't. That's all.
Brady going to the Bucs and winning an owl for them, or Lebron James moving to Miami, etc etc etc, just underscores how important that level of talent is to a team. Drop Brady in his prime into the Hawks and we could probably win an owl within a year. If you don't have it, or have something close to it, you don't have much of a chance.

GemCity

Reaction score
Cut DK instead of Lockett? Trippin hard.

Who is the next top 5 QB? Let’s say DK and Tyler are only costing us $1M each.

Who you bringing in? Dangerwich?

I’ll lay out the Chiefs blueprint here. Legendary coach… lucky as shit draft.

Boom.

Scout

Reaction score
Cut DK instead of Lockett? Trippin hard.

Who is the next top 5 QB? Let’s say DK and Tyler are only costing us $1M each.

Who you bringing in? Dangerwich?

I’ll lay out the Chiefs blueprint here. Legendary coach… lucky as shit draft.

Boom.
The Chiefs had cap constraints due to Mahomes cap number so they retooled the oline and stocked up on defense through the draft. Some luck is involved but it was also planned out to lean heavily on the draft.