Should Seattle be Scared of SF?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The Hawks don't overlook opponents. They may play down sometimes, but just about every team does that. They have plenty of respect for whatever team they play.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I can honestly see us splitting the games with Santa Clara and Rams.

sutz

Reaction score
Fear noone, respect everybody. The Seahawks don't fear teams, they prepare for them.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
We're starting to see Shanahan building the offense to his liking, similar to what he had in ATL, he's got good RB depth, some good WR's, one of the best, if not the best TE in the league, and he's got his QB (whether he's any good or not still remains to be seen). And their DL is stacked, oh, and they have the "best corner in the game". So, it wouldn't surprise me to see them fighting for a playoff spot later in the season.

I feel dirty saying all that. I think I'm gonna go to confession now.

James in PA

Reaction score
Obviously the Hawks, Niners, and Rams will all finish 12-0-4, so it will be interesting to see how the tiebreakers play out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xray

Reaction score
we have to go 4-2 in the division to have a shot to win it ...the Hawks know that their division foes are better than last season . It is returning to a really tough division again...more fun>> should they be scared?--no---concerned---yep .

xray

Reaction score
James in PA":wrl5moub said:
Obviously the Hawks, Niners, and Rams will all finish 12-0-4, so it will be interesting to see how the tiebreakers play out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL ..kinda like a Chinese fire drill...that's show biz..

chris98251

Reaction score
Our toughest games will be in our own division, the emotional and physical toll and posturing for the title is going to become epic.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I think itll be sf and us and rams a game back. I said this in preseason.

Can you imagine NFC title game in Seattle vs SF?

bestfightstory

Reaction score
'Scared' certainly isn't the word I would use, but do I see the NFC West sending three teams to the playoffs?

Absolutely plausible. The Niners will play teams tough all year, barring significant injuries, I think. They have some really quality pieces on that team. Hell, they might help Seattle win the Division or a higher seed by taking out the Rams once or twice, etc.

I think, based on the play I have seen, this division is stronger than any in the NFC.

It's early, I know.

chris98251

Reaction score
This may come back to Iron sharpening Iron again, we will beat each other up a lot and probably won't send three but possibly two and the third and fourth for that matter could have won another division,

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
We as fans can disrespect anyone we want, WE are not on the field.
Our disrespect or respect, has zero effect on the outcome of the game.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":238bz7ie said:
Absolutely. Wouldn't be surprised by splits at all with those two teams.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we lost all 4 to those two teams. Every game is going to be a 50:50 shot. So any record from 0-4 to 4-0 is reasonably on the table.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Afraid of SF? Uhhh, no.

Respectful of them ? Of course.

Let’s wait until November to see, but by then with some good fortune on the injury front the Hawks should be a much more dominant team defensively, Reed will be back, Ansah will be playing and up to speed, and Clowney will be comfortable in the scheme perhaps we will begin to see some of Collier. Maybe the OLine will get their act together too.

At this point I am encouraged at times but not entirely sure what team is going to field itself for Seattle on either side of the ball each series. So far they have been the cardiac kids. The team has won two non-conference games by just 3 points total, they need to respect every team they face and try to step on their throats.

For the Digits they at least must be encouraged but they have flashed a few times over the past few years only to have the wheels fall off their bandwagons. Sure they bear watching, but being afraid of them, never. Divisional opponents must always be respected.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia got it. It's ridiculous when people say "WE can't get cocky and overlook these guys"
Um... WE are fans, we have zero impact on what happens. The PLAYERS will be ready.

There is no room for fear in the NFL. The Hawks don't fear anyone. Maybe teams should fear the Hawks, because this team is going to get a LOT better.

seahawksny

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":xks5ot9h said:
We beat 2 crap teams to start the season too.

Then again, the Bills are 2-0. Records don't really tell the tale yet.

But yes, we probably should be concerned that SF has looked better than us so far.

True
Carolina is 0-2. They are better than that i think. The cliche is that you are what your record says you are. Not after two games IMO