Should the Hawks be concerned with AZ defense.

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
Seymour":2gy6fra7 said:
xray":2gy6fra7 said:
This AZ team is on desperate mode...they will bring the heat big time on the Hawks OL and Wilson...and there are the intangibles ..like Rosen....He might play gr8...who knows...not much film...this could be an exrta beer game.. :irishdrinkers:

Or possibly an exrta beer post?
Any valid thoughts about the topic or just being my private critic?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
adeltaY":3hbs8tvb said:
Their defense has given us fits even when they sucked, although that was under Arians. Wilsk has brought a new scheme and I believe they are having trouble adjusting to it. Hopefully that gives us a break and we can put up some points.

This.

IMO you should always be concerned with division games, those are the teams that know you best and even when bad usually play you well..........and it's not like the Hawks are a SB contending 14-2 type team about to beat up on the weakest team in the division.

So yes, this is a no brainer question. Arizona will be in Defcon 5 desperation mode, at home. With a lot of the same defensive players that give Russell fits.

Seymour

Reaction score
xray":21t7tznm said:
Seymour":21t7tznm said:
xray":21t7tznm said:
This AZ team is on desperate mode...they will bring the heat big time on the Hawks OL and Wilson...and there are the intangibles ..like Rosen....He might play gr8...who knows...not much film...this could be an exrta beer game.. :irishdrinkers:

Or possibly an exrta beer post?
Any valid thoughts about the topic or just being my private critic?

Yes I do.

A No. We should be worried about our offense.

chris98251

Reaction score
Division rival, has been bad blood in the past, you don't take a team lightly like that and we are not world beaters anymore. You play for blood.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
It's a division game. This is a team that has played well defensively against us for years now.

Rosen is an inexperienced rookie. But the track record for rookie QBs hasn't been as horrible in the last decade as maybe we collectively expect. Coaches are better able to tailor plays and schemes to strengths and limit their exposure. Rosen will have a week to prepare, and I expect we'll see a lot of David Johnson who has been a bugbear for this team for awhile.

I expect it to be close. And I think Arizona will play better the longer they are in the game. Our penchant for sluggish starts may not make the game any easier. Our games thus far have seen our defense fare very well in creating turnovers. I expect we'll have to continue that. Where we've not had strong performances without a significant advantage in turnovers caused.

I'm not sure we match up well with their secondary if Baldwin doesn't play.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Johnson hadn't had great success rushing against us in terms of efficiency. He has killed us through the air and he had a 3 rush TD game and I think in that tie game he had 33 carries. New staff hasn't used him much in general and he hasn't been lining up wide or in the slot as much.