Should we consider doing everything possible to keep B-Max ?

crosfam

Reaction score
Maybe next January everybody is talking about what a steal Eric Pinkins was. As he goes to his first pro-bowl.

Hopefully not as a player.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Part of me wonders if it's going to be as easy to find Pete's type of corners anymore. Teams are copying. I'm sure it will mostly come down to whether or not Pete and John can find a suitable replacement for cheaper.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
I've observed that most posters on this message board do not take into consideration the considerable influence that third party entities have on whether the player stays or comes to our team. The player's family and agent have a lot of influence as to whether a player signs with us. Have we forgotten the loss of very important players in the past? Folks must realize that there are so many factors that can affect a player's decision as to whether he stays or does not stay....and money may be only 3rd on the list!!!

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1aakx989 said:
I wouldn't give up on Tharold Simon so soon, although I do think he has a lot of work to do on his technique. Before he separated his left shoulder, he was playing at an extremely high level. We saw very little of that in his last two games. The pass he broke up in the end zone in the Super Bowl was the kind of spectacular play he is capable of once he refines his technique.

Jeremy Lane is already an excellent corner. Before the season, I thought he would be the one to takeover for Maxwell. If that's the case, then Burley can play in the slot.

628x471.jpg
Want Maxie to stay and hope he wants to stick around. If not, Simon will be the starter there (but worry about his durability.) I think he can develop. He's got some pretty valuable experience and can get further coached up. The Hawks will have to address adding another corner in case Simon doesn't pan out or can't stay healthy.

Latest posts