Shout out to Bevell

Cartire

Reaction score
Anthony!":3scmhola said:
Cartire":3scmhola said:
Anthony!":3scmhola said:
pehawk":3scmhola said:
He called a hell of a game. Especially on last series, Bevell had two TD's whiffed by Wilson. Wilson seemed to only want to make the hard plays and throws, not the easy ones.

Sorry disagree he had no TDs wihiffed by Wilson he had an oline in capable of blocking the wind. Both of those supposed whiffs would have been made if the oline could give Rw 3 seconds instead of 1,5. So sorry disagree. Rw played a good game considering he was under siege 90% of the time. Only bad play was the INT.

I agree that the O-line let to much slip by, especially on britts side. But if you cant admit that Wilson lets some TD's sail, then you have lost it.

I never said he has not missed on a TD or 2 all QBs do, but not today.

Ummmmm..... yes today.

That Cmike throw was a miss. He was wide open, and he let it float to far.

There was more, but Ill wait for the All-22 for comfrimation. RW still had a good game, but there was some throws he missed. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Wait, no im not. I love Wilson, but you take it to far.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Here's Anthony! running down his "list" from this thread....

[youtube]jMo_HcRBnUY[/youtube]

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Decent game by Wilson, some mistakes but he will get it right. In other news Rodgers had a terrible game today. Even the best QB have trouble with a top 5 defense (Buffallo was a nightmare for Peyton too). Really though the coaches should of adjusted the line to minimize some of the mistakes. In Philadelphia Carroll even said they adjusted the protection in the 2nd half and they played alot better, this time they probably did adjust some things but execution on our guys part might of been why our guys couldn't hold the trenches. I say feed the Beast early and often, grab whatever points you can get, and don't get too cute.

Anthony!

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":36w7h4r9 said:
Decent game by Wilson, some mistakes but he will get it right. In other news Rodgers had a terrible game today. Even the best QB have trouble with a top 5 defense (Buffallo was a nightmare for Peyton too). Really though the coaches should of adjusted the line to minimize some of the mistakes. In Philadelphia Carroll even said they adjusted the protection in the 2nd half and they played alot better, this time they probably did adjust some things but execution on our guys part might of been why our guys couldn't hold the trenches. I say feed the Beast early and often, grab whatever points you can get, and don't get too cute.

Nah its all Rw fault if that was any other QB they would be a top 5 pass blocking oline, any other QB our wr would catch everything and be top 10 wrs, Bevel is the OC in the league Rw is weighing him down. You guys convinced me RW sucks he needs to go. Any QB could do better with all the talent on offense we have.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":3kdmhppt said:
theincrediblesok":3kdmhppt said:

Nah its all Rw fault if that was any other QB they would be a top 5 pass blocking oline, any other QB our wr would catch everything and be top 10 wrs, Bevel is the OC in the league Rw is weighing him down. You guys convinced me RW sucks he needs to go. Any QB could do better with all the talent on offense we have.

Anthony! responding to a google alert about someone saying Wilson missed a throw once, at Wisconsin.

TrueDetectiveEpisode3Finalshot

Cartire

Reaction score
Anthony!":3l8i7o61 said:
theincrediblesok":3l8i7o61 said:

Dude. Its time to clean that jock strap you stole from Russell.

No one said anything was his fault. WE WON. HE HELPED.

But its ok to mention he missed a few throws. Including a TD.

But he still did good.

Hes still good.

Please bleach the Jock Strap.

Seafan

Reaction score
His play calling in the first half sucked as usual. It was better in the 2nd half.

endzorn

Reaction score
Everyone lauds Wilson for his decision making, but I feel like he makes some really odd decisions when we are on the edge of field goal range. Generally I've liked what Bevell has done the last few weeks and we'd have more points to show for it if Wilson would make better choices when we have an outside shot at 3 points.

Smellyman

Reaction score
pehawk":1zloadd5 said:
Maybe Russ was pressured too much on that sure TD, maybe. But hearing Anthony! assess Wilson's play is like asking the Vatican to critique sexual abuse of alter boys.

and you're like limbaugh criticizing Obama. We all have our lot in life

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Smellyman":1p4q9fha said:
pehawk":1p4q9fha said:
Maybe Russ was pressured too much on that sure TD, maybe. But hearing Anthony! assess Wilson's play is like asking the Vatican to critique sexual abuse of alter boys.

Really? I'm a Wilson basher? News to me, pookie.

kearly

Reaction score
How old is Anthony anyway? Stop presenting you're argument like a 10 year old already. I think I speak for 100% of the board when I say that it got old months ago.

It's so bad that even when I occasionally agree with you, I stay mum because I don't want to encourage bad habits.

And as far as all-22 goes, c'mon man. Like we'd believe that. I'm sure you pay for the all-22 and spent hours to break it down. Righttttt.... And of course in this case, the all-22 isn't even available until Tuesday or Wednesday anyway. The only way to over-ride Pehawk's observation is if you were at the game yourself. Which I guess now you'll tell us you were.

And even if you did, it'd all be a waste of your hard earned money because all you'd be looking for is something to fuel your confirmation bias.

Now, if you're just a kid, I think we'd be more willing to cut you some slack on this. But if not... time to grow up.

Laloosh

Reaction score
pehawk":2hy9dk9b said:
He called a hell of a game. Especially on last series, Bevell had two TD's whiffed by Wilson. Wilson seemed to only want to make the hard plays and throws, not the easy ones.

We had a series I want to say around the 9 or 11 minute mark in the 4th quarter with a first and 15 or 20 and I said, "here comes the draw". Then came the draw and it was stuffed. Just feels like he is so predictable at times. I'm not blown away by the guy. Truly wish someone would hire him as a head coach.

Aren't we one of the worst offenses on first down? Our average distance to go on second down has to be 8+. Just find a way to improve on first down and I think our ppg goes up by 7 over the season.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I don't agree with how a lot of Anthony's posts come across but I consistently see posters attacking him and it's ridiculous...but hey it's okay as long as you're part of the crowd I guess

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
-The Glove-":ggqe3pzw said:
I don't agree with how a lot of Anthony's posts come across but I consistently see posters attacking him and it's ridiculous...but hey it's okay as long as you're part of the crowd I guess

He's like having a Fox News correspondent on the board. He literally can not rationally discuss the offense, period. No one sets out to attack anyone, but, c'mon.

Smellyman

Reaction score
pehawk":1bp1im6f said:
Smellyman":1bp1im6f said:
pehawk":1bp1im6f said:

Really? I'm a Wilson basher? News to me, pookie.

just assumed since you said RW whiffed on two TDs. seemed like trolling to me.

KatarHol

Reaction score
pehawk":2yk8j1bj said:
There is no maybe about it, as soon as Wilson looked to the right he saw a free blitzer two steps away. He threw it away to preserve the scoring opportunity, never even got to see Baldwin.

AgentDib

Reaction score
The problem is a general rating dilemma; if people think something is underrated then they tend to rate it too highly to balance out the perception, and they rate things artificially low if they think public sentiment is too high. The result is a lot of people scoring stuff either 1 or 10 and viewing athletic performances as either great or terrible. Everybody does this but a few are more obvious than others.

The offense as a unit definitely struggled a bit today. The O-Line penalties were no doubt the biggest issue as they kept killing drives and backing us out of field goal range. Russ also had a few head scratching plays that I think he would like back. Carroll's conference made it sound like Russ checked out of a few running plays that he shouldn't have. Our TEs also seemed virtually non-existent today which was disappointing considering how much growth it looked like we had seen lately there. I feel like part of that is on the coaching staff and I would have liked to see Willson involved in the game plan a bit earlier.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Mixed bag for me.

Called passing plays on some blatant running situations, and not just where Russ got stuffed a couple of times near the end. Moeaki probably shouldn't have even had the opportunity to drop that pass on the sideline, we'd just gashed them running it with beast and although he pulled himself out after that I thought we should have given the ball to Michael there, they were gassing.

Fortunately, on that particular drive, P-Rich made a clutch catch for a first down on 3rd and 9 (?), and that's where I'll credit Bevell. Contrary to some guys on here, I thought he did adjust, appearing to say f you (or the mormon equivalent) to Cable and going to a quicker, shorter passing game when possible. It seemed fairly obvious but there were a couple of games this season where we made no such adjustment, KC springs to mind.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1ukwlv40 said:

So pointing out a broken record is verboten?