Shoutout to Avril

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Tied for the league lead in sacks with 10 and also the league lead in forced fumbles with 4. His career high in sacks is 11, and he has already surpassed his seahawks career high of 9 set last year. His career high forced fumbles is 6, so here's hoping he surpasses that too.

drcool

Reaction score
On the local sports radio station here in Jacksonville the hosts asked this morning who the defensive MVP was this year and one of them mentioned Cliff Avril. He is from the area here but still for a non-Seattle based talk show to even bring up his name shows more than Seahawks fans are taking notice of the year he is having.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":177j2vmi said:
We would be screwed without him.

What little pressure we do get usually comes from him.

It will be nice to get Bennett back.

Frank Clark has 7.5 sacks as well, and our LB's produce pressure.

These last three games have been hard for the pass rush. First the Bills with the very mobile Tyrod Taylor, then the pocket-master Brady, and then a very good O-line in the Eagles. I don't know much about the Bucs O-line, but I suspect the pass rush will look better against them.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
hawksfan515":7gl728wy said:
FlyingGreg":7gl728wy said:
We would be screwed without him.

What little pressure we do get usually comes from him.

It will be nice to get Bennett back.

Frank Clark has 7.5 sacks as well, and our LB's produce pressure.

These last three games have been hard for the pass rush. First the Bills with the very mobile Tyrod Taylor, then the pocket-master Brady, and then a very good O-line in the Eagles. I don't know much about the Bucs O-line, but I suspect the pass rush will look better against them.

Sacks don't always equate to pressure. Some of those are from our secondary locking people up and the QB holding the ball too long.

We don't consistently collapse the pocket. I doubt anyone would disagree. It will be better with Bennett back in there, they have done a good job without him.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Getting Bennett back to get some interior pressure on passing downs is going to be enormous. Avril (congrats to him on probably best stats of his career) and Clark get ridiculous outside pressure but the missing interior pressure gives QBs an extra second or two to step up. I could see this defense hitting it's stride very soon and utterly dismantling the back end schedule.

Latest posts