SI has the Hawks at #1 in their Power Rankings.

Maulbert

Reaction score
I think it's a bit silly as a write up, and I don't think we're really #1, but I was amused.

Seeing DK Metcalf cross leverage and beat Stephon Gilmore for a touchdown on Sunday night ignited something in Seahawks fans. For years they looked at their collection of talent and wondered if only. If only we could continue to develop this physical specimen into a dangerous, every down wideout. If only we would let Russ cook. If only we traded for Jamal Adams and used him to help define the coming era of positionless football.

Well, they did! Seattle began the season with tough wins over two quality opponents. Russell Wilson is on a torrid, MVP pace and Adams might find himself chasing down the defensive player of the year leaderboard. Meanwhile, the secondary, while not perfect, is becoming more functional each week. This is going to be a fun division to watch and a fun team to have up front.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/09/22/nfl-week-3-power-rankings-seahawks-chiefs-ravens

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
People coming in to tell us their defense is horrific, they're not that good of a team etc. in 3.....2.....1...….
:irishdrinkers:

For the record, no I do NOT think the Hawks are the best team in football. I'd still put us behind KC and Baltimore at the minimum.

pmedic920

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":262tpzuc said:
People coming in to tell us their defense is horrific, they're not that good of a team etc. in 3.....2.....1...….

I’m worried about the “D” moving forward into the season, and I absolutely think it’s fair.

Having said that, I think the rest of the league should take notice, this squad is for real, and they are not going to let any team roll over them without a fight.

Any team playing the Hawks this year better bring their “A” game and be wearing their “big boy” pants.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If it wasn't for this ridiculous offense that clearly should be able to move the ball on anyone, I'd be a lot more worried. I think we'll be in the mix come playoff time as always. But, it's clear that this pass rush needs to improve.

xray

Reaction score
Instead of " air Coryell " it will be called "air Carroll " . No defense needed just score a bunch . :D

Jerhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3vmwcd1f said:

For the record, no I do NOT think the Hawks are the best team in football. I'd still put us behind KC and Baltimore at the minimum.

The defense is horrific and we're not that good of a team :stirthepot:

Jk. #1 is high but this is a top 5 club right now

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Offense sells tickets, defense wins championships.
Wait...we're not even selling tickets yet!

I'd feel a lot better about this if Blaire and Irvin were still healthy. Hope our guys are on the phone, or coaching up our guys in the hopeful ranks.

Ruminator

Reaction score
They ranked the Seahawks #1 this week in order to derive enjoyment from berating the team and demoting them to lower rankings for the next several weeks.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The Packers were a dangerous team and one of the best teams in the NFL for years. And they had a substandard D.

After our SB loss, they went farther in the playoffs than we were going. At least they occasionally won a divisional playoff.

Saints is another example. For years they were all offense and beat people soundly.

SuperBowl? No. But again, but in that same time a better playoff success than 'run, turtle, unleash Russ' worked for us.

It is completely possible to be a dangerous playoff team and field a barely there defense.

Why not us?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Anyone else surprised how bad the Saints looked last night? That D was suspect to say the least. GB looks solid, but can they play D when it counts. We shall see.
And the media worshipping Cowboys D is horrific.
I'd take the OVER in the Hawks/Cowpokes game.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
As long as we have Bobby, Adams and Diggs, I think we will be able to hold up when it counts. Losing Diggs and Blair early really hurt us Sunday and I think people seem to forget that 2/5ths of the starting secondary went out in the first quarter. If that doesn't happen I think there is a lot less hand wringing this week.

Hellacious offense, barely there defense is what we got. Enjoy the ride. It's still gonna be a heart attack every weekend. It's just going to look different.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Meh, the only power ranking that counts is the one where one team is holding that shiny silver trophy in the air after the last game.

Rat

Reaction score
A touch higher than I’d have them right now, but it’s not preposterous to have us No. 1 either.

I’d probably go: Ravens, Packers, Seahawks, Chiefs, Bills as top 5. Obviously very early though.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It's not at all preposterous to put the Seahawks at #1 just because of Russell Galldang Wilson alone (best player in football at the moment) but to be perfectly unbiased and as an NFL fan here's my top 3:

1) Chiefs
2) Ravens
3) Seahawks

I put us in the third slot because of our DL. If they were a strong unit they get the #1 spot, period.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
Aros":3p442r9t said:
It's not at all preposterous to put the Seahawks at #1 just because of Russell Galldang Wilson alone (best player in football at the moment) but to be perfectly unbiased and as an NFL fan here's my top 3:

1) Chiefs
2) Ravens
3) Seahawks

I put us in the third slot because of our DL. If they were a strong unit they get the #1 spot, period.

I definitely think we're top 5. The only team I've seen ahead of us in any of today's rankings that I think is stupid is Pissburgh. They beat a shit Broncos squad QB'ed by Jeff Driskel by only 5 points. I think both the Hawks opponents have been better than the Stealers opponents.