Sidney Rice signs 1-year deal

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Welcome back Sidney! While I don't think he'll be our savior, I do like this move.

Funny, all accounts had him in NY visiting the Jets today. I wonder if he got there, looked around and said, screw this, I got it much better in Seattle!

Seaswab

Reaction score
hopefully he can learn to catch without going to the ground.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Heard he was visiting the Jets on ESPN and was like NOOOOOOOOOOO. This is way better though.

kidhawk":iw2bfc99 said:
For those concerned, A one year deal for a player doesn't change a teams future outlook. If they wanted a WR before, they still will want one. Although I see this front office as much more of a BPA type of front office. With that said, I see us drafting a WR, just maybe not as early as one might think. It will definitely be an interesting draft, no doubt about it.

Yep. Seattle will have more flexibility to take whoever they want. They aren't forced to look WR in the first.

Frankly, I am prepared for anything. Nothing the Seahawks do in the draft would shock me. Hell, if they took another RB at the end of the first, I wouldn't bat an eye.

General Manager

Reaction score
Rice is back that's some good news right there. Harvin Rice and Baldwin very respectable.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Awesome news! Now draft a receiver and pair him next to Rice, Baldwin, and Harvin for tutelage.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
My thoughts exactly:

Russell Wilson ‏@DangeRussWilson 4m
YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! @sidneyrice

Tical21

Reaction score
If this takes Kearse off the field, I'll be a little irritated. Hopefully this is more Percy insurance than anything. I'm still a little bummed that Rice stole so much money for next to zero production, and we still decided to pay him even more money, but I'll live.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
YEAAAAA!

Im super happy about this. Have always really liked Sid.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
Tical21":2jn8vgkb said:
If this takes Kearse off the field, I'll be a little irritated. Hopefully this is more Percy insurance than anything. I'm still a little bummed that Rice stole so much money for next to zero production, and we still decided to pay him even more money, but I'll live.

Kearse is going to get himself on the field.

And as far as Sid, he helped build the culture we have. I realize that he didn't live up to that contract but man there have been thousands of worse contracts in the history of sports.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Tical21":2gid2inw said:

If Kearse doesn't want to lost PT, be better than Rice.

Cartire

Reaction score
Tical21":157jix66 said:

God damn your so much like blitzer but with zero of the charm.

You should watch that new highlight video that's on here. Just look at all the cool crap Sid did before getting injured. There is zero evidence to make a claim that Kearse is better then Rice. It's more hatin just to hate from you.

brettb3

Reaction score
Tical21":1pg86vok said:
If Rice takes Kearse off the field, that means he's outplaying him.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Tical21":3dbjlncw said:

Are you for real?

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Rice's contract was fine. We were a bad team who needed to pay to attract top-flight talent. We didn't throw the ball often, either. Put Rice in NE in 2012 (where I thought he would end up this year) and he goes for at least 1200.

For as many clutch catches as he's made, he's forever earned my love and respect. Exhibit A is how he got BLASTED getting into the end zone against CHI in 2012. He's such a nice sideline catcher and knows how to just get one knee down when he's strapped for space.

dunceface

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":dv8m30ic said:
Tical21":dv8m30ic said:

Are you for real?

It's kinda weird when someone is so cynical that Tech is shocked by it...but it's refreshing :mrgreen:

Latest posts