Sneaky Pete and Upside John keep QUIET.

SEAHAWK_AL72

Reaction score
Pete and John are not saying much pre-draft.They have a plan.We wait and see if they turn Wilsons trade into future competing winning players. Wilsons leadership and competive nature is what they need from the talent pool to continue winning.

sutz

Reaction score
Nothing new here. It's a bit soon for one of Pete's "hints" he usually sends out prior to the draft.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Has any of Pete's hints come true? Any examples?

xray

Reaction score
Why tip your hand ? SHHH...is best

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
It’s better that I don’t know ahead of time about the second round rated player he will pick at #20 after trading down twice. But at least we will get a 1st rounder that will miss the majority of the first year. But hey, like most around here have said its all a crap shoot after pick 20...er 15 wait now it’s #8. The first 8 will all be great but #9? just a crapshoot. Might as well draft in the 5th round as 9th overall. Just a crapshoot.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
It’s better that I don’t know ahead of time about the second round rated player he will pick at #20 after trading down twice. But at least we will get a 1st rounder that will miss the majority of the first year. But hey, like most around here have said its all a crap shoot after pick 20...er 15 wait now it’s #8. The first 8 will all be great but #9? just a crapshoot. Might as well draft in the 5th round as 9th overall. Just a crapshoot.
Lots of words to say absolutely nothing with

Chuckwow

Reaction score
Sneaky Pete and upside John. Hahaha. I love it.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Speaking of 5th. A guy I’m curious about could end up in the 5th round. Braxton Jones, OT. Might take a year or two to develop, but he’ll good frame, long arms and quick enough.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
True. Handing John Schneider a top 10 draft pick is like handing a pistol to a chimp. You never know what he's going to do with it...

Lagartixa

Reaction score
True. Handing John Schneider a top 10 draft pick is like handing a pistol to a chimp. You never know what he's going to do with it...

Schneider's only top-15 draft picks were in 2010 and 2012, and with those, he took: Okung, a nine-year starter in the NFL who made two Pro Bowls; Earl Thomas, a nine-year starter (woulda been ten, but one season was cut way short by injury) who could have had more years as a starter if not for his late-career off-the-field nuttiness, and who made seven Pro Bowls and four All-Pro teams; and Bruce Irvin, an eight-year NFL starter.

Schneider's worst selection with a top-15 pick was Irvin, who was a starter in the NFL for eight seasons. Schneider's worst selection with a top-ten pick was also his best with a top-ten pick, because he's only ever had that one, Okung, who was good enough to be an NFL starter at the most important position on the offensive line for nine seasons and make two Pro Bowls at that position. What exactly do you think a chimp with a pistol could do that would be comparable?

rigelian

Reaction score
Schneider's only top-15 draft picks were in 2010 and 2012, and with those, he took: Okung, a nine-year starter in the NFL who made two Pro Bowls; Earl Thomas, a nine-year starter (woulda been ten, but one season was cut way short by injury) who could have had more years as a starter if not for his late-career off-the-field nuttiness, and who made seven Pro Bowls and four All-Pro teams; and Bruce Irvin, an eight-year NFL starter.

Schneider's worst selection with a top-15 pick was Irvin, who was a starter in the NFL for eight seasons. Schneider's worst selection with a top-ten pick was also his best with a top-ten pick, because he's only ever had that one, Okung, who was good enough to be an NFL starter at the most important position on the offensive line for nine seasons and make two Pro Bowls at that position. What exactly do you think a chimp with a pistol could do that would be comparable?
That is completely unfair...fighting back with actual history.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Schneider never has top ten picks are you all there my dude?

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Nothing really happens until the draft. Any remaining free agents will be signed after the draft. Now let's hang out and get a beer

Cableguy

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Carroll and Schneider always have a plan when it comes to the draft. The key thing is having their plan work out when it comes to the players they select. Some are hits and some more misses just like any team.

I’m still on the fence about Dwayne Eskridge, I think he was a luxury pick, Seattle didn’t need then and doesn’t currently benefit now.

I know it’s still early, but, I think Eskridge is a pick Seattle didn’t benefit from. Gonna say for now, Eskridge, is a miss.

toffee

Reaction score
Carroll and Schneider always have a plan when it comes to the draft. The key thing is having their plan work out when it comes to the players they select. Some are hits and some more misses just like any team.

I’m still on the fence about Dwayne Eskridge, I think he was a luxury pick, Seattle didn’t need then and doesn’t currently benefit now.

I know it’s still early, but, I think Eskridge is a pick Seattle didn’t benefit from. Gonna say for now, Eskridge, is a miss.
For whatever reason, Eskridge and Russ never clicked. Very weird.

rcaido

Reaction score
Eskridge was still a headscratcher...Not sure why use our first pick for someone who is going to be #4 receiver for a team that was already pretty much set for receivers that season.

I think they will trade back the #9 spot and try to get as many 2nd/3rd round picks as possible. John does not believe in paying 1st round salary. No Wilson/Wagner contract so maybe he changes his tune but i doubt it.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Eskridge was still a headscratcher...Not sure why use our first pick for someone who is going to be #4 receiver for a team that was already pretty much set for receivers that season.

I think they will trade back the #9 spot and try to get as many 2nd/3rd round picks as possible. John does not believe in paying 1st round salary. No Wilson/Wagner contract so maybe he changes his tune but i doubt it.
I think the clear goal was for him to be the WR3 and supplant a pedestrian Freddie Swain.

Russ publically lobbied for every single weapon ever to come to Seattle for a reason. Pretty much every successful team has 3 great receiving options these days.

It hasn't worked out thus far, but I think considering WR3 a luxury is probably an outdated view when 3+ receivers are on the field for the majority of the game.