Sneaky Pete and Upside John keep QUIET.

John63

Reaction score
Well if recent history says anything its not good. but we will see.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Speaking of 5th. A guy I’m curious about could end up in the 5th round. Braxton Jones, OT. Might take a year or two to develop, but he’ll good frame, long arms and quick enough.
Braxton is gonna stick in the NFL. He plays at the little university where I work. Amazingly powerful hands. Brilliant guy. Accounting major, Academic All-American.

The only reason he's going to last into the mid rounds (if he does) is because he went to a small school.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Thanks for the insight Nano. I’m hoping he falls to us and JS pulls the trigger.

olyfan63

Reaction score
It sure would be risky to give real hints pre-draft.
#1 Other teams can screw up your plans by picking your planned player or leaving a player on the board you can't pass up and thus go off script. Precedent: DK Metcalf
#2 If you're that confident the hinted player you're after will be there at your pick, it's probably a reach.

All that really leaves is "horoscope" or "fortune teller" type hints... Here are a few examples
* I see someone tall, dark, strong, and with 34 inch arms in your future...
* I'm sensing an affinity with the numbers "45" and "48"
* There's no place like home

First hint, sounds like we're drafting OL
2nd hint, 45 and 48, we'll draft a couple guys who run 4.5 and 4.8, a WR and an OL
The 3rd hint, "There's no place like home", Wizard of Oz reference, we'll draft a Husky, Cougar, or other WA player who wears red cleats "ruby slippers"

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I dunno if it's just me - but both of them are sporting a swagger and an attitude that they ain't earned lately -

All hat and no cattle if you ask me. Well, so far.

Can't live on the lynch signing! Or in that decade!

nanomoz

Reaction score
I dunno if it's just me - but both of them are sporting a swagger and an attitude that they ain't earned lately -

All hat and no cattle if you ask me. Well, so far.

Can't live on the lynch signing! Or in that decade!

I really hope that their insistence that the team will be competitive this year is just for show. Because the more they acknowledge how far this team is from competing, the better they'll do in the draft.

If they think this team is close, they're going to reach to fill a need on Thursday. If they understand that the team isn't very good, they'll know that they need to add the best possible football players, even if it means that you're rolling out some downright questionable starters.