So I'm Listening to Millen This Morning

gowazzu02

Reaction score
dogorama":1o24h21k said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1o24h21k said:
dogorama":1o24h21k said:
Who said he was never wrong? I will say that when it comes to football he is wrong significantly less than you or me or anyone else on this board.

How do you know?

You're assuming he's correct more than anyone on this board based on the fact he played the game. And yet this is the guy who constantly complained about Pete Carroll because he replaced his best buddy as the Head Coach and then predicted emphatically that Russell Wilson would be a failure.

I was saying he knows more about football than anyone on this board and I stand by that statement, in fact he knows exponentially more about football than anyone on this board. As for talent evaluation, that isn't an exact science is it? Every single one of the greatest evaluators of NFL talent in the world passed on RW for three rounds!

I think we are really lucky to have Millen and Brock on the radio. Who do you want to listen to, Softy?

I stand by my post calling Millen nothing more then a troll, Ill agree with you he can explain the difference between a 1 gap and 2 gap technique, but he brings little else to the table. He's basically KJRs version of Pete Prisco, who I know everyone on here loves.

But hey if your a UW fan, you can like his trolling homerism. Not surprised that the majority on here turn the channel when he gets on air.

OP
OP
dogorama

dogorama

Reaction score
gowazzu02":m0ocr19v said:
I stand by my post calling Millen nothing more then a troll, Ill agree with you he can explain the difference between a 1 gap and 2 gap technique, but he brings little else to the table. He's basically KJRs version of Pete Prisco, who I know everyone on here loves.

But hey if your a UW fan, you can like his trolling homerism. Not surprised that the majority on here turn the channel when he gets on air.

Don't tell me, let me guess, you're posting from your anger management class. Seriously though, the thread is about what position concerns you, not me or Millen. Get it?

Tical21

Reaction score
I listen to a fair bit of sports radio from cities around the nation, and I haven't heard anybody that even comes close to comparing to Millen. The time he puts into watching and analyzing film, with the ability to articulate that over a medium are incredibly rare. Last year when we blew a coverage that cost us the game, with half our team playing cover-2 and half playing cover-3, I don't think any radio station anywhere in the country has an analyst that could have figured that out.

He has chinks in his armor at identifying talent (e.g. Wilson and Locker), and can tend to think a little bit in the old school, but he knows as much about football (X's and O's, team dynamics etc.) as just about anyone on the planet.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
dogorama":1qw201qx said:
gowazzu02":1qw201qx said:

Don't tell me, let me guess, you're posting from your anger management class. Seriously though, the thread is about what position concerns you, not me or Millen. Get it?

Nope, you're the one who seems to be a little riled up. You related to Millen?

But to answer your original question? YES, We ALL are concerned about Gilliam, and frankly the entire offensive line. While the guard C Guard trio has looked promising in the run game. The tackles scare the lights out of me, Gilliam, Sowell, Webb, Fant, you name it. Sorry I side tracked your thread with my comments on Millen. There are about 5 other Oline specific threads you could look at too if this ones not scratching that itch for you.

:irishdrinkers:

FearTheBeak

Reaction score
Tight End.

Graham is trying to come back from a pretty major injury and who knows when or if he'll get back to being the guy we traded for.

And I don't like the sound of 'high ankle sprain'.

OP
OP
dogorama

dogorama

Reaction score
gowazzu02":32xcn3ly said:
dogorama":32xcn3ly said:
gowazzu02":32xcn3ly said:

Nope, you're the one who seems to be a little riled up. You related to Millen?

But to answer your original question? YES, We ALL are concerned about Gilliam, and frankly the entire offensive line. While the guard C Guard trio has looked promising in the run game. The tackles scare the lights out of me, Gilliam, Sowell, Webb, Fant, you name it. Sorry I side tracked your thread with my comments on Millen. There are about 5 other Oline specific threads you could look at too if this ones not scratching that itch for you.

:irishdrinkers:

Thanks, but the thread wasn't about the O-Line either, that, more specifically Gilliam, was Millen's example of the player he was most concerned with. I was more curious about which player, or position if you will, others were most concerned with. Of course that would presume that we know which player is actually starting.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Taking the opposite approach to this question........if you'd told me a month ago that Britt would not be mentioned in this thread I'd have laughed loudly and thought you pretty much insane.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2gh83ns7 said:
I stand by my post calling Millen nothing more then a troll, Ill agree with you he can explain the difference between a 1 gap and 2 gap technique, but he brings little else to the table. He's basically KJRs version of Pete Prisco, who I know everyone on here loves. .

Do you honestly think this?

I mean yeah Millen is the human equivalent of grass growing or paint drying.......SUPER boring and over analyzes everything. But a troll?

I just don't see it, if anything he could use a little more smart ass and fun with his analysis and commentary.

Either way, let's keep this civil people. Like my grandma used to say, if we can't discuss Gary Gilliam civilly, what can we discuss civilly?

OP
OP
dogorama

dogorama

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3e5uqg9o said:
Taking the opposite approach to this question........if you'd told me a month ago that Britt would not be mentioned in this thread I'd have laughed loudly and thought you pretty much insane.

Is that 99 miles Lolo Pass or the Klamath River Hwy. CA96?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
dogorama":3ny5ay7y said:
hawksfansinceday1":3ny5ay7y said:

He said in another thread Lolo pass.

Largent80

Reaction score
McGruff":3qzf3ixn said:
Largent80":3qzf3ixn said:
I think he should be more concerned about who is taking Irvins old spot. So far, that is a train wreck.

I don't see that big a reason for concern.

It was great having Irvin, because he could play multiple spots, but that is a luxury, not a need.

It isn't a luxury when we don't have ONE guy that can do all that Irvin did. You can be concerned about tackles and I'll reside worrying about Irvins spot and ALL THE THINGS HE DID TO HELP THE DEFENSE.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":1q5pfozt said:
McGruff":1q5pfozt said:
Largent80":1q5pfozt said:
I think he should be more concerned about who is taking Irvins old spot. So far, that is a train wreck.

It was great having Irvin, because he could play multiple spots, but that is a luxury, not a need.

It isn't a luxury when we don't have ONE guy that can do all that Irvin did. You can be concerned about tackles and I'll reside worrying about Irvins spot and ALL THE THINGS HE DID TO HELP THE DEFENSE.

22 tackles and 5.5 sacks isn't a gigantic production number to have to replace. Marsh had played well this pre-season, especially the first game.........and IMO Frank Clark is gonna have a hell of a year replacing some of those sacks..........I think we'll be fine without Irvin.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3mgitb44 said:
dogorama":3mgitb44 said:
hawksfansinceday1":3mgitb44 said:

Correctamundo.
Just rode California Highway 36 from Fortuna to Red Bluff....140 miles of the same thing though I think Lolo is better cuz the scenery is so gorgeous.

McGruff

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":24jlymeg said:
Largent80":24jlymeg said:
McGruff":24jlymeg said:
Largent80":24jlymeg said:

22 tackles and 5.5 sacks isn't a gigantic production number to have to replace. Marsh had played well this pre-season, especially the first game.........and IMO Frank Clark is gonna have a hell of a year replacing some of those sacks..........I think we'll be fine without Irvin.

Yeah, I think Clark will more than adequately fill Irvi's non-LB responsibilities. We'll see a lot of Avril/Bennett/Jefferson/Clark in passing situations where Irvin used to dropped down to DE.

Which basically just leaves his strongside linebacker responsibilities in base defense, which is about 30-40% of the defensive snaps. I'm just not freaking about about what amounts to a part time role player.

OP
OP
dogorama

dogorama

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":svp83l24 said:
Seahawkfan80":svp83l24 said:
dogorama":svp83l24 said:
hawksfansinceday1":svp83l24 said:

Correctamundo.
Just rode California Highway 36 from Fortuna to Red Bluff....140 miles of the same thing though I think Lolo is better cuz the scenery is so gorgeous.

Ever do CA96 thru Happy Camp along the Klamath?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1ycg7867 said:
dogorama":1ycg7867 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1ycg7867 said:
dogorama":1ycg7867 said:
Who said he was never wrong? I will say that when it comes to football he is wrong significantly less than you or me or anyone else on this board.

How do you know?

You're assuming he's correct more than anyone on this board based on the fact he played the game. And yet this is the guy who constantly complained about Pete Carroll because he replaced his best buddy as the Head Coach and then predicted emphatically that Russell Wilson would be a failure.

I was saying he knows more about football than anyone on this board and I stand by that statement, in fact he knows exponentially more about football than anyone on this board. As for talent evaluation, that isn't an exact science is it? Every single one of the greatest evaluators of NFL talent in the world passed on RW for three rounds!

I think we are really lucky to have Millen and Brock on the radio. Who do you want to listen to, Softy?

I am a UW fan and cannot stand Hugh. His X's and O's are fine, but he is stuck in the "1980's conventional wisdom" way of thinking. Throw in his arrogance that he is never wrong and it's a bad mix in my book. His Coug and duck bashing doesn't bother me.

According to Hugh, both Hass (Millen's ex-ball boy in NE) and Jake Locker never threw a bad pass in their college or pro careers it was always the receivers fault .....and I have mad respect for both Hass and Jake but they are not HOF'ers or even close to that.

OP
OP
dogorama

dogorama

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1r6q3s07 said:
I am a UW fan and cannot stand Hugh. His X's and O's are fine, but he is stuck in the "1980's conventional wisdom" way of thinking. Throw in his arrogance that he is never wrong and it's a bad mix in my book. His Coug and duck bashing doesn't bother me.

According to Hugh, both Hass (Millen's ex-ball boy in NE) and Jake Locker never threw a bad pass in their college or pro careers it was always the receivers fault .....and I have mad respect for both Hass and Jake but they are not HOF'ers or even close to that.

This is Hugh's wife Michele, which you will have to admit, pretty much ends the debate. Millen wins.

SaraMartenMicheleMillen

justafan

Reaction score
Love Millen.Local boy becomes Husky legend.Bashes the ducks and cougars,whats not to love.

I will take a passionate radio announce who is a self proclaimed homer any day.

Very few have his experience and knowledge when it comes to breaking stuff down.

I never noticed Gilliams drops being to deep.I think we will wish we had Okung before the year is over imo.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Unless Millen was a starting Tackle in the League, I'll go with Cable's assessment of Gilliam over Millen's any day and twice on Sunday.

justafan

Reaction score
Hawks46":h9thd990 said:
Unless Millen was a starting Tackle in the League, I'll go with Cable's assessment of Gilliam over Millen's any day and twice on Sunday.

Has Cable ever developed an Olineman worthy of resigning since he has been here?His assessment of talent and abilities is what scares me.

He can turn 1st and 2nd round tackles into guards with the best but I am waiting for him to really develop a top notch tackle.Left or right.