So I'm looking at old games of the Seahawks and I wanna know

Shaz

Reaction score
Why doesn't anyone ever mention Michael Sinclair as one of the best Hawks to put on a jersey?

Dude is woefully under appreciated here

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
In 1998 there was not a better DE in the game. Met him once at a DMV of all places. In his prime, he was a bad, bad man.

OP
OP
Shaz

Shaz

Reaction score
It's funny, most Hawks fans I speak to have never heard of him, and that's a damn shame

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
You're right, he doesn't get enough props. Maybe because he played in the 90's for the most part? Pretty dark and quiet decade for the Seahawks.

But he was a monster, would love to have him on this team right now! Played 10 years for us, 73.5 sacks, from 96 to 98 he was elite.

And he was a 6th rounder! Probably one of the better draft picks by the Seahawks ever.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Shaz":1h93mupt said:
Why doesn't anyone ever mention Michael Sinclair as one of the best Hawks to put on a jersey?

Dude is woefully under appreciated here

He had 3 really good seasons. To say "one of the best hawks to put on a jersey" is a reach imo and that is probably why you don't hear anyone ever mentioning him in that way.

OldWiseHawk

Reaction score
Aros":280v4wk9 said:
In 1998 there was not a better DE in the game. Met him once at a DMV of all places. In his prime, he was a bad, bad man.

I remember bantering on this site with my 56k modem about whether or not his diagnosis of diabetes was the cause of his decline. I did an Alta Vista search for Seahawks when I was stationed at McClellan AFB in Sacramento. This site was like being back home. Time flies! Sinclair was an absolute monster for a few years.

Later OWH

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I think the reason you don't hear much about him is because of Tez. Sinclair played most of his seasons with Kennedy in there taking up 2 and literally 3 guys sometimes. I would say that most of us noticed him, but also remember, that some of us enjoyed a monster solid 80's defense that bled into the early 90's. When that line had Nash, Green and Bryant with those LB'ers not named Bosworth (who by the way was actually really good when he played) We are talking Rufus Porter, Terry Wooden, Tony Woods, Comeaux and Dave Wyman. That was a solid group. Now for some reason, their kryptonite was Christian Okoye, who was promptly no longer a problem once he met Kennedy, but the rest of those guys really made a name for themselves quietly. At least amongst us fans. They quietly just killed teams.

Sinclair was just hidden by other stuff. Always productive, but no one mentions him because for his entire career, the Hawks were struggling to get into the playoffs and Tez was THE guy.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
OldWiseHawk":12x4zovv said:
Aros":12x4zovv said:

I remember bantering on this site with my 56k modem about whether or not his diagnosis of diabetes was the cause of his decline. I did an Alta Vista search for Seahawks when I was stationed at McClellan AFB in Sacramento. This site was like being back home. Time flies! Sinclair was an absolute monster for a few years.

Later OWH

For me it was the early 2000's... I accidently typed in .net instead of .com and it was like WHOA.. WHAT THE HELL IS THIS. Back then I was like chawkfan4ever or something like that. That was until my my then 2 year old daughter said "Loaf Of Poo Poo" trying to imitate me.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
I have a Chad Brown signed Seahawks football, from a .NET raffle.

I think the main thing with Sinclair, and to a lesser extent Chad Brown too, is just the short time frame. For a guy to really lodge in the mind for most fans, he's either got to be in a marquee position, be a high draft pick, or have at least two deals with the Seahawks i.e. five plus years.

Example: John Randle had some GREAT games with the Seahawks. Of course, he's much more thought of as a Viking, but that said, you don't hear many people saying "wow, if we could get another John Randle, we'd be all set" and yet I think that's exactly what some of these tweener DE types are, guys trying to channel John Randle.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Those late mid to late 90s defenses were stacked, but most of those awesome players suffer from what BoccHawk said; most of them didn't do it for this team for more than a few years.

Chad Brown and Sinclair were mentioned, but these defenses also had Shawn Springs, Sam Adams, Darryl Williams, Michael McCrary, and Phillip Daniels all had short but very productive runs.

Too bad they couldn't stay together with that Kennedy guy and get a consistent offense going.

warden

Reaction score
A DE can look very good when he has push up the middle. Just look at Fisher and Wistrom when we had a healthy Tubbs collapsing the pocket. Went to the superbowl with that line up.

Sinclair had a great 3 year period but he also played on a line with Cortez Kennedy and Sam Adams anchoring the middle. Sinclair had speed and was great in zone blitzes.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Trust me: all of us who lived through the dark 90s remember ANY decent player for the Seahawks. Michael Sinclair, Chad Brown, etc. all have their places in our collective heart, because they were all we had, loss after loss after loss.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Dude was a beast! It is kinda weird he doesn't get in mentioned more.

irocdave

Reaction score
I remember him, but it was hard to listen to or watch the Hawks at that point in time. The early to mid 90's hawks were so good on D and so bad on O..The Mariners came to life in 94, then 95 happened, it's all a blur. Sonics were up and coming at the time ( got hosed in Phoenix, NBA wanted Barkly vrs Jordan) etc. Huskies were coming off a co national championship ( would have stomped a mud hole in Miami..) then the sanctions. Anyone else remember the PAC 9 shirts.

Anyhow, the hawks have always had a couple of great players as well as great character guys. Even during the KB dark days. Chad Brown was a great free agent signing and MS was a really good player for the Hawks.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
I gave him a nod in my intro to .net in the lounge.

Loved watching him when I was a kid, still have a bunch of his cards.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The Erickson teams were for the most part pretty fair teams, they either started good like 98 or even 97 once Moon took the QB job, but just couldn't seem to hold it together. Even Friesz, in 1995 gave the Hawks a pretty strong finish, but the AFCW was pretty tough and hard to keep up with.

The 91 team was a lot better than the 7-9 record showed too. They started the season in NO, in a game where they were lining up to kick an easy FG to win, but the refs gave Krieg a ridiculous penalty for complaining in rage over a crap deal and set the then rookie John Kasay back 15 yards which he missed.

I thought that sort of spoiled the rest of the season for them. Of course, the genius Behring had Flores fire Knox, taking the HC job for himself and letting Dave Krieg go for one of the biggest mistakes the franchise ever made. Cost the Hawks several chances at a SB with that fantastic defense.

I will never forgive them for the Knox/Krieg thing. Hacks...

chris98251

Reaction score
Sinclair got his chance to sign with the departure of another good DE in Phillp Daniels who went to the Redskins either in trade or FA signing, we had a good run at DE for a bit as far as guys getting to the QB. Rufus Porter, Fredd Young, Sinclair, Daniels.

Latest posts